Your First Memory of Wrestling?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
For me it was '97 and I was staying a friend’s house, and I remember it like it was yesterday. He said you wanna see something, so he put in this VHS he borrowed from a friend he put it on and as soon as he hit play it had some guy falling off a big cage onto a table. And from that moment I was hooked, I asked him to rewind' the whole thing cause, and he did and we watched the match from the start. I would later find out that it was Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker - Hell in a Cell.

Just tell us about your first memory of wrestling.

Reactions: The Phenom

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Mine was a bit odd, because actually I remember playing the first Smackdown game before watching any of the wrestling on tv back in 2003 (only because in Canada you have to buy the sports channel in order to watch it, so it took some begging for my parents to actually get it for me). Anyways I remembered watching the actual Smackdown show and I remembered watching Brock Lesnar kicking the shit out of Zack Gowen, and his mother was sitting in the crowd watching in horror as Lesnar pretty much destroyed Gowen in the ring, with Cole yelling "Brock Lesnar just broke the good leg of Zack Gowen! He may be in a wheel chair for life!". Yeah I was pretty much watched Smackdown straight until 2005 until Guererro died. Good memories.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Triple H & co beating the shit out of The Rock inside a steel cage prior on Raw to WM 16. Fuckers.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Mine was when Berzerker attacked Undertaker with his shield and then took his sword and tried to ram it through Taker and missed. And the sword was left sticking up in the ring.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
wow! you guys are YOUNG! Mine was Wrestlemania III.... we were over at my uncle's house for a birthday party or something like that... I just remember it being on a small tv in their living room and nobody was really watching it.... I think he had an illegal box where he got all the ppv's and pay channels for free.... The only match that anybody sat down to watch was Hogan/Andre... details are pretty fuzzy being I was only 7 but from that point on me and my brother started watching superstars on saturday mornings quite regularly and the rest is history

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
^ Sorry Grandad :mickie3:

Anyway I can't remember specifically my first match or segment that I ever saw, but my earliest memories are all of the Undertaker in the skits they used to do in the funeral parlour and Jake The Snake in rooms full of snakes.

My first memory of getting behind a guy(s) was Legion Of Doom, first time I ever saw those guys I just wanted to be like them. I remember having an old WWE Shop (or whatever it was called in them days) magazine and wanting the LOD shoulder pads.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Sadly, I didn't get into wrestling until 2008. I remember flipping through channels to find Rey Mysterio gettings stepped on my Big Show. By the orders of Edge and Vickie of course.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
WCW - Funk Giving The Piledriver To Flair On A Table

WWF - I Believe It Was Something With The Mega Powers

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Someone in school talking about Taker throwing Foley off the cell.

Sure I must of watched some of the Hogan era though, I remember playing NES games and knowing who they were.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't remember at all because according to my parents, I watched it from when I was like 2 up, and I had a lot of older games so they kinda' clouded my memory because I knew who the guys were but I didn't know if it was from the games or if I remembered watching them on TV. The first one that I can really remember well was Shane showing up on Nitro.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
It was actually at an Indy fed. The fed was called Ottawa Valley Wrestling. Edge was slated for the main event or something. I was only 5. Anyway, it was billed as the Battle of Ontario as Edge took on the Ottawa born champion. Was quite cool actually. I instantly became a fan.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Shae Stadium, 1979. Hogan slams Andre for the first time. I don't remember it as well as others probably remember theirs, I know I was in attendance, with my great grandfather, and eldest cousin.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I never watched wrestling until the attitude era but I remember my dad taking to me go once. I don't remember anything except for Iron Shiek wrestling. I didn't go to another event until a Smackdown show much later. Undertaker vs Randy Orton was the dark match main event so I guess this was before Wrestlemania 21? I remember Juventud won a battle royal on Velocity for a cruiserweight title shot because I was a huge Mexicools fan for some reason. I'm Mexican but have never been into Mexican pride or anything so idk.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I never watched wrestling until the attitude era but I remember my dad taking to me go once. I don't remember anything except for Iron Shiek wrestling. I didn't go to another event until a Smackdown show much later. Undertaker vs Randy Orton was the dark match main event so I guess this was before Wrestlemania 21? I remember Juventud won a battle royal on Velocity for a cruiserweight title shot because I was a huge Mexicools fan for some reason. I'm Mexican but have never been into Mexican pride or anything so idk.

If you had Mexican Pride, you probably wouldn't have been a fan of the Mexicools :adr:

Montana

Reaction score
My first memory was sgt slaughter burning the hulk hogan hulkamania shit, and then about a year later or so, i saw a superstars with the mountie zapping someone and the repo man. The Mountie = ratings apparently, ha ha.