Your First Memory of Wrestling?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
I remember watching WCW Nitro in the living room with my dad and the shows for awhile would always end with Hogan standing tall in the red and yellow. I would get so annoyed about that because it felt like he always had the upper hand as the show ended. Then of course the NWO eventually happened.

Last edited:

Pat

Yowie Wowie Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Sports Team
v0Br4GW
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Wrestling was very much not allowed in my house when I was around 7 or 8. I remember seeing glimpses of a few Rock matches here and there. However, when I was in sixth grade I was flipping through channels and then stopped on Monday Night Raw. Sheamus was going against Cena for the WWE title and it ended in a DQ, Sheamus grabbing the ref while in the AA so he wouldn't lose the title. I didn't understand why he did that at the time. Did he just forfeit his title?

As a sixth grader, I posted on Facebook asking what happened. My old 5th grade teacher jeeringly commented "Ew! Who cares?!" One of my best friends at the time messaged me and told me that you can't lose the title via DQ. He and I later went to my first WWE event together for my birthday. Now, he's getting sued by local politicians for producing false smear ads, so I guess time flies quite a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That ending bro what :DEAD:

Pat

Yowie Wowie Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Sports Team
v0Br4GW
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I liked this question so much I made a video about it :)

TeaDrinkingLimey

“Glass? Who gives a shit about glass?”
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Round a friend's house on a Friday evening. I'm pretty sure that Raw replays aired on a Friday evening on Sky Sports in the UK, back in the day. But anyway, it was when Shane McMahon jumped off the side of the titantron onto Big Show. But it must have been a replay they showed, as that happened at Backlash 2001.

That's what I vividly remember. But me and my Brother had the Smadkdown 2 PS1 game and that came out in late 2000. So I'm guessing he might have seen something WWF related round one of his friend's houses.

Benoit's Weight Machine

Reaction score
I had a bunch of action figures when I was young, Hulk Hogan and Mr. T being among them. I remember seeing a Hogan/Mr. T promo on TV and thinking that my figures just literally came to life on my TV and my mind was blown. Wrestling was very much frowned upon by my parents so I was not allowed to watch it at all. I would watch whatever and whenever I could at the risk of getting yelled at.
Once the late 80s came around, I would watch over my friends houses and my fandom took off to the next level around 90-91. I still wasn't allowed to watch at home but I got better at being sneaky about it.

FightGeist

Reaction score
Went to a house show in Madison Square Garden for my best friend's birthday knowing nothing about wrestling whatsoever, but came out of the show OBSESSED with Edge, Kane's entrance, The Nexus (who had just debuted), CM Punk, and John Cena (who walked by me on his way in the building).

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
2014. A backstage segment between John Cena and Kane leading up to Money in The Bank 2014. I watched it every week with my dad. And here I am now​

JohnMena

Reaction score
My first memory of wrestling was the Hart Foundation vs The Power and the Glory from the Boston Garden in 1990 on wrestling challenge.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Ultimate Warrior appeared on the Brother Love show. He was face-to-face with Andre the Giant. He bellowed into the mic, "I will beat you!" I was a child and thought Warrior, with his erratic behavior, was the bad guy and I thought Andre was the good guy.

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
First match I ever saw on TV was at my Aunt and Uncles house, watching WCW with my Uncle. The only thing I remember is (of all people) Vader being on there... It was the early 90's and I was quite young. After that watching wrestling with my Uncle became a regular thing most weekends.

First live show I ever got to see was an indie show in the UK. This was probably the mid to late 90's. The only two people I recall being on the card were Jake The Snake Roberts and John Tenta either as Avalanche or Earthquake.

(using some google-fu I've worked out it must have been '99 since that's the only year I was in the UK when both of them were doing the indies...)

Reaction score
Besides playing WCW/nWo Revenge at my friends house in late '98/early '99, my first real exposure to pro wrestling was the pilot episode of SmackDown in April of '99. I still remember it like it was just yesterday.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
My dad was wrestling fan when he was young, still is, and so it was just a natural thing for me to follow. We would watch old VHS tapes he recorded of Memphis Wrestling, Georgia Championship, Mid-South, and then we would watch WCW Nitro and even Thunder.

Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
Watching this promo live is the oldest memory I have from watching wrestling, maybe not the first time I watched wrestling but I remember thinking "OMG HOW IS HE DOING THAT???" hahaha.