• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Your First Memory of Wrestling?

Tapout

Jun 26, 2010
San Diego
First memory I have of Wrestling was Kane's debut at bad blood. Kane is who got me into wrestling in the first place. I do have very, very faint memories of WCW Hog Wild 1996, though. We got the PPV for free. I started watching WCW for Jericho, and WWF for Kane. When Jericho left WCW, I stopped watching it.

Defiant

Dec 8, 2010
Sydney, Australia
My first wrestling memory was from WWF Raw, my dad flicked the channel to see if I was interested and Marc Mero was in the ring boxing. We didn't know what the fuck was going on.

But I remember the first top to bottom show I watched was WCW Bash At The Beach, opened by a Raven's Rules match versus Perry Saturn. This is probably why I started watching WCW first.

Deezy

Nov 13, 2010
Canada
Watching Macho Man hit Chico Santana with a piece of cold steel as Gorilla called it. Made me wonder why he covered up the steel object before he hit him. Didn't think nothing of it because Macho Man was cool and he won the IC title.,

Keith

Aug 6, 2010
First faint memories was of me and my family watching British wrestling back in the glory years on ITV.

My next door neighbours got me hooked on WWF in 1990 when I saw the Survivor Series round there. A couple of years later I started watching late night WCW and started getting the PPVS on Video. My favourites at the time were Rick Rude, Vader, Sting, Flyin Brian (loved his matches with Liger) and The Steiner Brothers.

My first ever live event was a WWF House show in London in November 96, it was main evented by Mankind and Undertaker in a No Holds Barred match, and also featured the UK return of Bret Hart who beat Vader. Happy times!

Troy

May 11, 2010
Streets Ahead
I don't have a clue what my first memory of wrestling is, bit jealous that so many others can clearly remember the first bit of wrestling they saw. For me it is so vague, I know that it was watching RAW on tv here and it was soon after the switch over to WWF RAW is WAR. Must have been early to mid 1997 but I can't remember any specific segment at all.

Gimmick

Aug 19, 2012
Ireland
I really can't remember the first time I watched wrestling. My earliest memory is seeing loads of wrestlers in the ring at the same time, and being pretty fascinated by it. Judging by that it could have been Royal Rumble '99.

TheTimidPimp

Feb 22, 2013
Liverpool
Can't remember it in any great detail but when I was about 9-10 I used to sneak down from my bedroom and watch WCW when it was on ITV at stupid o'clock at night after Prisoner Cell Block H. First WWF I saw was Survivor Series '92 which my mate taped for me cos we didn't have Sky.

Andrew

Jun 3, 2010
Geelong, Australia
The Juniors Division was '05 and had like two matches unless you're talking about the random midget matches in '97 and a couple in '98 that wasn't an actual division
The 97-98 one. Thought that was the division haha, just a bunch of small midgets.

PHX

Administrator
Dec 3, 2010
Was two of them one was WCW in 95 and Macho Man was like getting handcuffed and taken out of the arena. The other was kind of a blur I just remember it was a HBK match in 95 on Raw that made me a fan of him.

Keith

Aug 6, 2010
Can't remember it in any great detail but when I was about 9-10 I used to sneak down from my bedroom and watch WCW when it was on ITV at stupid o'clock at night after Prisoner Cell Block H. First WWF I saw was Survivor Series '92 which my mate taped for me cos we didn't have Sky.
Yeah that's how I got into WCW as well, was much happier when they moved it to the Afternoon watched every week after that.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Dec 3, 2010
Montreal, QC
I don't remember anything specific, but every time I saw the Ultimate Warrior, I got excited. I was far too young to remember any details, but that was my guy and I liked him because he was champion when I started watching. The first clear memory I have was probably around the time he was feuding with Earthquake who broke his back. I hated Earthquake and thought he was the most evil guy in WWF.