Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
Indeed! Btw, there's screeners of Silver Linings up online already if you don't want to wait for the DVD to come out.

The Viper

Reaction score
I DL'ed one of the screener copies of Silver Linings Playbook and I actually really enjoyed it. Cooper did amazing and my babygirl Jennifer Lawrence impressed the shit out of me. De Niro was great as always. Highly recommended.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Oh yeah, almost forgot that I saw The Last Stand yesterday. If you like Arnold, you'll like it and if you don't you won't. Honestly, it was a lot better than I expected and its nice to see Arnold back on the big screen where he belongs. There was also a preview for the new Stallone movie "Bullet in the Head" before it, which looked fucking awesome. I'm adding it to the trailers thread momentarily.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I went to watch Movie43 yesterday. It was a bit of a strange film but I thought it was hilarious.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Not sure which I liked more, Wreck-It Ralph or the Disney short before it. Incredible....

[video=youtube;aTLySbGoMX0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aTLySbGoMX0[/video]

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I watched Wreck it Ralph the other day and didn't really see the big deal. I mean, it was fine for what it was, but it wasn't as good as some people are making it out to be.

Saw Side Effects this afternoon and it far exceeded my expectations. Jude Law and Catherine Zeta-Jones are stellar and it's nice to see a good old fashioned thriller. Definitely something Hitchcock fans will be able to get behind.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I watched Premium Rush yesterday and loved the film. The film had some areas where it was confusing but as the film went along it made sure to tie those loose ends. I enjoyed all the chase scenes on the bicycles and felt that JGL again was magnificent in another role.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I thought Premium Rush was pretty good as well, though I had some issues with how over the top the bad guy was. I also didn't really like the scenes where JGL sees all the alternate outcomes of the routes he chooses on his bike. Other than those minor gripes, solid movie.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I thought Premium Rush was pretty good as well, though I had some issues with how over the top the bad guy was. I also didn't really like the scenes where JGL sees all the alternate outcomes of the routes he chooses on his bike. Other than those minor gripes, solid movie.

now that was one thing that I did like was seeing the alternate routes that he could take and the outcomes. It gave me the sense that he was thinking things through before he made the choice of which direction to take while riding his bike.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
now that was one thing that I did like was seeing the alternate routes that he could take and the outcomes. It gave me the sense that he was thinking things through before he made the choice of which direction to take while riding his bike.
I did like the one where he goes one way, bumps into a dude and then that dude gets run over by a truck.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I watched Wreck it Ralph the other day and didn't really see the big deal. I mean, it was fine for what it was, but it wasn't as good as some people are making it out to be.

I think the fact it was a pretty good Disney flick as it is, coupled with the video game character cameos just gave it a charm a lot of other similar films don't have.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I think the fact it was a pretty good Disney flick as it is, coupled with the video game character cameos just gave it a charm a lot of other similar films don't have.
The gamer crowd is bound to love it because of those cameos, I'll give you that. Hell, I was pretty happy with the whole "bad guy support group" thing at the start and the quick shot of Ken and Ryu deciding to go to Tappers after the arcade closed. However, those scenes weren't enough to make the movie for me, and I felt a lot of the rest of it was subpar. Then again, I haven't been all that impressed with any of 2012's animated movies. Having seen several, here's how I'd rank them right now...

1. The Secret World of Arrietty - Yeah, I'm a Studio Ghibli mark, sue me. Still, definitely my favourite of the year.
2. Frankenweenie - Great send up of old monster movies but not as good as I expected.
3. Paranorman - Decent movie, nothing more.
4. Wreck It Ralph
5. Brave - Along with Cars and The Incredibles, one of my least favourite Pixar films.
6. Hotel Transylvania - Adam Sandler sucks in real life and he sucks as a voice actor as well.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
The gamer crowd is bound to love it because of those cameos, I'll give you that. Hell, I was pretty happy with the whole "bad guy support group" thing at the start and the quick shot of Ken and Ryu deciding to go to Tappers after the arcade closed. However, those scenes weren't enough to make the movie for me, and I felt a lot of the rest of it was subpar. Then again, I haven't been all that impressed with any of 2012's animated movies. Having seen several, here's how I'd rank them right now...

1. The Secret World of Arrietty - Yeah, I'm a Studio Ghibli mark, sue me. Still, definitely my favourite of the year.
2. Frankenweenie - Great send up of old monster movies but not as good as I expected.
3. Paranorman - Decent movie, nothing more.
4. Wreck It Ralph
5. Brave - Along with Cars and The Incredibles, one of my least favourite Pixar films.
6. Hotel Transylvania - Adam Sandler sucks in real life and he sucks as a voice actor as well.

I thought it was an ok movie. I did however like the scenes with characters we all know and love.

Now on to your list for me. I would change a few of them.

1 arrietty- by far the best animated film of the year.
2.brave- I love the background in the film and the whole plot of don't change who you are for anyone or you turn into a bear thing.
3. Ralph
4. Hotel Transylvania- cute little love story hated how Sandler had so many different characters
5 norman- I have fallen asleep watching it almost everytime I do
6. Frankenweenie- just because I haven't seen it yet.

Castiel

Reaction score
Saw Side Effects this afternoon and it far exceeded my expectations. Jude Law and Catherine Zeta-Jones are stellar and it's nice to see a good old fashioned thriller. Definitely something Hitchcock fans will be able to get behind.

Really? Didn't look very good to me but I guess I may have to give a watch one day. How was Channing Tatum in his role? Seemed pretty different for him and so far I've only liked him in comedic parts.

don't change who you are for anyone or you turn into a bear thing.

Wasn't that the Brother Bear plot too? What's up with Disney turning everyone into bears?