Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
John Carter deserved a lot better than it got at the cinemas. Did not deserve to bomb the way it did.

Castiel

Reaction score
You know, I've actually been wanting to check that out for awhile now. It should be on Netflix soon enough so I may just wait it out... doesn't look too bad though. Taylor Kitsch movies just don't seem to do well in theaters.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
He was unlucky with Battleship. It did decent numbers over here because it came out a few weeks before Avengers, whereas it came out after Avengers in North America, thus killing it dead before it even got going.

John Carter was doomed from the get go. Disney fucked up the marketing royally on that one. They scrapped "of Mars" from the title because they thought people might associate it with Mars Needs Moms, y'know, that other Disney film no one saw?

Castiel

Reaction score
It seemed like they didn't do much to advertise the movie at all really which is probably another reason why it bombed.

Just watched 'Curfew' which took home the Oscar for Best Short Film this year. Absolutely brilliant! With a running time of 20 minutes it provided charm and managed to evoke emotion. Great soundtrack, amazing performance from Fatima Ptacek and much respect to Shawn Christensen who wrote, directed, and starred in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Watched jack the giant slayer yesterday. It wasn't bad, and It was a lot better than I thought it would be.

A different take on the age old fable.

I also watched Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters. Avoid bit of fun and another good twist in the old fable. I quite enjoyed both.

Last edited by a moderator:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Who was it around here who really rated The Hunger Games? Because I may be inclined to agree with you.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Who was it around here who really rated The Hunger Games? Because I may be inclined to agree with you.
Do you mean hated? If so, then it was probably me, because I fucking loathed that piece of shit. :lol:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
It was a lot better than I thought it would be, seeing as I thought it was supposed to appeal to the Twilight demo.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
It was a lot better than I thought it would be, seeing as I thought it was supposed to appeal to the Twilight demo.
Tbh, I preferred Twilight.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Wow, harsh. I've only seen the first one but it was bad enough to put me off the rest of the series.
Just couldn't get into Hunger Games, I hated the way it was shot, the acting was horrendous (even Lawrence looked like she was phoning it in) and hey, if I want to watch a re-hash of Battle Royale, why don't I just watch Battle Royale? That being said, I'll still watch the next one because I'm movie-crazy!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
haven't watched Battle Royale yet, another one of those movies I know I should watch and may one day get around to.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
So I saw Dead Man Down and it was decent if unspectacular. The action scenes were really well shot and Wade Barrett actually had a fair amount of screen time even though he didn't get more than one or two lines of dialogue.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I saw Identity Thief last weekend. I thought it was predictable and sometimes horrible at times. I don't mind them making fun of the subject matter but could they at least pick a lead female who is funny and not annoying. Bateman was great I just can not stand Melissa McCarthy for whatever reason she gets on my nerves. The best part for me was when Bateman was driving the vehicle and smacking her head off the window because that is what I wanted to do through out the whole film.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah, honestly, I can't stand her either, she's so annoying. Someone once said I don't like her because she's fat to which I said "no, its because she's got no fucking talent".