Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Channing Tatum was good in Side Effects, but he's only in the movie for the first half. Probably my favourite performance of his so far, but then I've never been a huge fan.

I'm off to see the new Die Hard movie tomorrow afternoon, so I'll report back my thoughts after I've seen it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

The Viper

Reaction score
Just finished watching "Compliance". Thought it was fairly disturbing at times. It's a complete fucked situation, really. Although, Dreama Walker is wonderful. She's so purrty.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Channing Tatum was good in Side Effects, but he's only in the movie for the first half. Probably my favourite performance of his so far, but then I've never been a huge fan.

He was good in 21 Jump Street & The Vow, and I've heard great things about Magic Mike. Dude's no Day-Lewis but he's made some decent ground credibility wise this last year.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Just watched the new Red Dawn. Damn, thus is all ass backwards. If a bunch of small ass Asians were dropping down into America, then ever red neck and crazy bastard with a gun would be picking of Charlie before he even hit the ground.

Castiel

Reaction score
I thought the Red Dawn remake was pretty decent. It seemed to get a hell of a lot of hate that it didn't deserve.

Castiel

Reaction score
I feel like this is my first time watching The Social Network, I watched it when it came out but didn't pay much attention really. It was done pretty well, the whole cast worked great. Andrew Garfield was absolutely phenomenal though. He added a bit of comedy at some points but when it came down to it after his return from New York he was great with some intense delivery. It also helped make people view Justin Timberlake as a serious actor, in case Alpha Dog wasn't evidence enough. I just wish Brenda Song's career would've went somewhere after this.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Yeah, Timberlake was the real standout of the movie to me. I didn't take him seriously as an actor until seeing this film. Eisenberg was okay, but he was still paying a similar character to his usual.

Castiel

Reaction score
Yeah, the Michael Cera comparisons have been out there forever but they're pretty true. I enjoy both though honestly. Eisenberg's upcoming movie "Now You See Me" looks great though, reuniting him with Woody Harrelson and a load of other great actors. At least Cera has Arrested Development since he seemed to just drop off.

But anyway, best scene to showcase both Garfield and Timberlake. So fucking epic.

[video=youtube;mOMUe26X3mo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOMUe26X3mo[/video]

Postman Dave

Reaction score
It's defo the best scene of the movie, no doubt.

Eddie North

Reaction score
I don't know if any other thread has mentioned it, but what the hell is it with all the WWE Studios movies coming out lately with seemingly no wrestlers in them?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I don't know if any other thread has mentioned it, but what the hell is it with all the WWE Studios movies coming out lately with seemingly no wrestlers in them?
Almost every one of their movies features a wrestler in a small role, but the reason is most likely due to them trying to be a legitimate studio.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Almost every one of their movies features a wrestler in a small role, but the reason is most likely due to them trying to be a legitimate studio.

I read somewhere that they were nit going to use many wrestlers in order to see if they could boost revenue.

Castiel

Reaction score
I love it. Dead Man Down and The Call seem to be getting a good bit of attention and have some nice star power. Wrestlers in supporting roles is the right way to go.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I love it. Dead Man Down and The Call seem to be getting a good bit of attention and have some nice star power. Wrestlers in supporting roles is the right way to go.
Dead Man Down looks pretty awesome actually. Not as sold on The Call because it seems pretty similar to Untraceable, but you never know.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

I read somewhere that they were nit going to use many wrestlers in order to see if they could boost revenue.

This right here. WWE Studios saw a huge drop in revenue last year, so this year is pretty much make or break for them.