WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Defiant One

Reaction score
gotta agree with that, Many people are turned off cuz nothing bout Lashley says ECW. He should have a feud with an original or something. Or turn Lashley heel. Mostly I think Lashley should get traded.

The Icon

Reaction score
Yeah, because of Lashley I stopped watching ECW, it gets preety boring when he comes out..

xtremebadass

its always boring when lashley comes out, on every show, not just ecw

Montana

I downloaded the main event bc i missed the show, but ill agree its was only the best main events. (Probably the best, but RVD vs Holly was pretty damn good too)

I agree it should have been at mania, but vince want us to get ecw = extreme. Im assuming thats why Vince made it regular.

I also agree lashley is a small problem for ecw, mainly because he is destroying the talent and no one is really worthy, except a few faces.

I think the big question is whats next for ECW. How will CM Punk be involved with the storyline. Whats next to RVD and Lashley. Burke and Corvon are not really over as the top heels just yet. Im not sold on snitsky either. So it will be interesting to see how they book One Night Stand. From teh PPV poster it looks like it could be Corvon vs Lashley, Punk vs Burke, and then maybe RVD vs Snitsky? I dont know, but thats my best guess.

phantomgerald

I downloaded the main event bc i missed the show, but ill agree its was only the best main events. (Probably the best, but RVD vs Holly was pretty damn good too)

I agree it should have been at mania, but vince want us to get ecw = extreme. Im assuming thats why Vince made it regular.

I also agree lashley is a small problem for ecw, mainly because he is destroying the talent and no one is really worthy, except a few faces.

I think the big question is whats next for ECW. How will CM Punk be involved with the storyline. Whats next to RVD and Lashley. Burke and Corvon are not really over as the top heels just yet. Im not sold on snitsky either. So it will be interesting to see how they book One Night Stand. From teh PPV poster it looks like it could be Corvon vs Lashley, Punk vs Burke, and then maybe RVD vs Snitsky? I dont know, but thats my best guess.

i agree on cor von vs lashley and punk vs burke, but i don't think there'll be a rvd vs snitsky. rvd will win because wwe is still trying to convince him to resign and snitsky's gimmick is this monster so i don't think he'll get beat by rvd. it'll probably be rvd vs thorn/striker and snitsky vs sandman/sabu

Wrestling Station

Yeah they will make it a big guy vs a flyer. Not Big guy vs Big guy imo.

Montana

Actually i take all those guess back. Corvon main event? What was i thinking.

Lashley vs Umaga in a cage or something

RVD vs Burke

Punk vs Corvon

Snitski vs Dreamer

Sabu + Sandman vs Thorn Striker

Defiant One

Reaction score
The more you talk the better you sound, everything you've said thus far makes sense, how the WWE is nowadays it most likely wont be Lashley-Cor Von it will be Umaga-Lashley cuz of this whole feud he has with Vince. Burke-RVD could be a great match. as would Punk-Cor Von, the others seem good as well, thats the most balanced card ive seen for ECW.

EdgeHead

Reaction score
cm punk turns heel and joins the new breed! Kind of saw it coming but i don't think its so bad. Now with him being a heel he can feud with lashley down the line for the title maybe.

phantomgerald

yeah, altough he could always pull a quick one on the new breed like what tomko did on tna

cutting edge

Reaction score
Hmm I'm not sure if I'm happy with this. I was hoping Punk could do some more as a face but hopefully this could spark a feud with Punk and RVD.

3lions

Reaction score
It does make sence to have Punk join the NB. He is 'Straight Edge' wheras RVD is a pot head, Sandman is an alcoholic, Dreamer hits women and Balls ... is Balls. This will likely be worked into the storyline as his explaination.

There are a few roads WWE could go down with this storyline. They could continue with Punk's heel turn and have him join the NB permanently, sparking a 'Dream Feud' with RVD and eventually setting himself up for a ECW Title run. Or, this could be a way of Punk pulling a fast one over the NB and eventually joining the Originals/going solo.

Either way, i am very happy with WWE's decision to make CM Punk the focus of ECW (Lashley doesn't count, he is on Raw as far as I'm concerned. CM Punk could become a real star in WWE and has all the credentials necessary to do so. This storyline/feud could be the springboard he needs to go to the next level in the company. World Champion by the turn of the year? Possible.

Starsky

Reaction score
Punk works best as a heel. Simple as. I haven't watched ECW in months but I will make a point of watching next weeks such is the effect of this decision. It can only be a good thing for ECW.

And i'd agree with what 3lions said. Hopefully this can be the springboard he needs. I mean there's only so far facing the likes of Stevie Richards & Mike Knox can get you.

-R3-

Reaction score
Bad idea for tags in ECW, ECW is for solo fights with hardcore.

No.
If ECW was nothing but solo fights with hardcore, it would suck more then it already does.
And plus, CM Punk and the O.A.P are the only people worth watching. (If your wondering why I haven't mentioned 'Black Lesnar' ask someone else)

Punk works best as a heel. Simple as.
No. He gets pops no matter what.
In ROH he got bigger pops as a face.

But at the end of the day....he's straight edged and HE'S BETTER THEN YOU!