WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

idc what anyone say burke sending sabu head first through the table was awesome

Mugen

Reaction score
idc what anyone say burke sending sabu head first through the table was awesome
Agreed. I was off my seat when that happened. Even if New Breed won, the match was amazing and I am glad I watched instead of going to bed.

Snitsky... did more than big boot but his match still sucked.

I loved the crowd.

Soulpower

For a while there, I though that this would be the worst ECW in a while, but that main event more than made up for the rest of the show.

xtremebadass

I cant believe WWE actually decided to have a hardcore match, that one was better than some of the old hardcore title matches

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
The last ECW ME was vintage ECW. Completely Hardcore and it wouldn't have mattered who won...

This week's Main Event on ECW's show was arguably the greatest in the show's history. But should it have been at WrestleMania?

Personally I think this is a tactic by VKM due to WSX starting at the same time. It was a classic ECW match and much better than the ECW match at WM. If WWE continue to book like this, the Ratings for ECW on Sci Fi will increase considerably...

What is your opinion on the Main Event?

ash1187

Reaction score
I'm just wondering why they didn't put the match as extreme rules match at wrestlemania, but i think ECW still sucks

xtremebadass

I didn't understand why he didn't showcase ECW as Hardcore at Mania, because it's first Mania should have at least been extreme rules, but that ECW match was something, you don't even see that sort of stuff on RAW these days

Reaction score
When everyone was saying ECW is crap! i just said " give it time , then maybe it will grow better"

...i think i might of said something truefull there.

Yes i agree the match as WM23 wasnt too bad but lacked the "mania-spirit".
It felt like a match you would see at a normal house show.

But the main event on ECW on Tuesday was awsome!
Its got to be the greatest match since ECW returned.

Defiant One

Reaction score
yeah thats easily the best match since ECW was resurected. Personally I was also wondering why the Originals vs New Breed match wasnt Extreme Rulz cuz it wouldve been seemingly perfect. ECW at its first Mania make it extreme. Hopefully ECW will have more Extreme Rulz matches.

xtremebadass

no one could say ECW sucks now, it just takes one good match to change everyone's mind, for me it was RVD vs Holly where he split his back, now, NOW! you see all you non believers!

Skadoo92

Reaction score
Awesome

ECW has a lot of potiential they just dont use it right. The match i saw they need to do that often not an extreme rule match every 5 weeks.

EdgeHead

Reaction score
ECW's potential is being held back by Vince Macmahon. He does't like extreme rules matches. He doesn't like RVD, Sabu, or CM Punk, ECW's top guys. If RVD got the title more of the fans of original ECW would begin to watch again. Lashley should be sent back to Smackdown so ECW could get interesting again.