WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Solid show. After the first segment, it made me think Estrada as ECW GM would be a perfect fit. To me it makes a lot of sense, with Vince as Champ. Vince can use Estrada to pull strings or whatnot.

Kevin Thorne leaves the new breed. Kinda shockin, didnt know he had mic skills. He was actually pretty good. I was impressed

Major Brothers debut by beating Striker and Corvon. They looked good.

Four way dance for a title shot was sweet with lots of chairs shots. I wonder if they are going to draw out the VInce vs RVD match for a while. Or just end it next week.

I've been generous reviews, but this show was a 9/10 (compared to ECW programing) I thought it delivered with action, promos, and storylines. Looking forwards to next week. I think thats the biggest change in ECW as of late. They are now giving us something to look forward to.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Yea ECW was really good last night,I love the New breed storyline right now and it hopefully will keep getting better.Also I REALLY hope the Major Brothers stick around and werent just a one time thing they looked very talented.The Extreme rules match was great too,I just wish it was given more time.

Montana

I got a gut feeling on whats going to happen at judgement day.

Team Mcmahon will win, BUT shane will get the pin. Now, Shane will try and take the belt, but vince says hes the champ. SHane gets owned.

ONS predictions

Shane vs RVD

Corvon w/ Vince vs Lashley

CM Punk vs Burke

Edge vs HBK

hbk4894

Reaction score
The Next ECW Star To Be Fired?,

Word is that The Sandman may be the next ECW star to get the axe; Sabu has recently been released with Rob Van Dam set to turn down WWE's contract offer for a move to TNA. All the old-school ECW heads are under the microscope at this point.

Soulpower

When Bobby Lashley was drafted to Raw, ECW was left without a champion. The ECW World Title picture, however, will begin to clear up this week on ECW on Sci Fi when Chris Benoit will face Elijah Burke, and CM Punk will battle Marcus Cor Von. The winners of these matches will move on the Vengeance: Night of Champions to compete for the ECW World Title.

I want to see Punk vs Benoit for the ECW title... But I don't think they'll pull the trigger on that match just yet.

tommyboi65

Reaction score
Of the 4 it'll be Benoit vs Monty Cor Brown, it'd be Benoits reward for the recent elevation of MVP & bring Cor Von up to main event level rapidly.. Eventually I see the ECW title picture Punk vs Cor Von & the Noob Breed.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Why are we all thinking the same thing? We're all thinking Cor Von will rise up to a feud with Benoit. WWE are probably going to keep Cor Von in the Midcard and not give him the title. He's been with the company for less than a year and hasn't yet put on a truly great match deserving of a World Title, even ECW's. Benoit, Punk Or Burke are my picks for the Title...

tommyboi65

Reaction score
Post your thoughts on ECW, what you thought of it or anything that is on the same basis.

For some reaon I did just that,posted my thoughts ,which were deleted ,reasons?

Truth

Reaction score
You said

WWECW Sunday Night Heats on Tuesdays

Now what is that? Has no relevance and thats why I deleted it, post what you think about the upcoming ECW episode or your thoughts on ECW as a whole.

3lions

Reaction score
I thought WWE booked a Fatl Four Way for the ECW Title at Vengence? I guess they didn't want two titles being up for grabs in multi-man matches.

I am also calling Benoit/Cor Von for the title. I doubt it will a face/face or heel/heel match and Benoit is a lock for the PPV, so it must be Cor Von who he faces. I am still calling a Cor Von title win. It just seems too obvious that Benoit will win the title straight away.

Also, I see a Nitro/Punk feud starting up after Vengence (maybe Nitro costs Punk his match tonight?), whilst Burke is jealous for Cor Von's title win and Beoit chases the title. This then leaves Boogeyman/Thorn to feud and Vis to molest The Miz.

3lions

Reaction score
You're such an annoying, random, dumbass. Stop posting random shit or I'll ban you. I've had enough of warning you now.

P.O.U.N.C.E

Reaction score
Monty Brown got robbed! Plain and simple. All up to this time Monty has been a dominant wrestler, and for a soft bellied CM-Punk (Guy has no abs at all, haha I know I know R.O.H and all he's a good wrestler) but Monty had a streak going up to now since he came into the ECW to where he had never been pinned.

If he was to be pinned I think that Vince should have done it at the time he was a reigning ECW champ.

Face vs. Face for the title is just a bad decision. I hate it.

It has came to me that Vince doesn't really like Monty. He isnt letting him on the mic, and he is making him sit mid card. While he looked stellar up to now I am just hoping that all of this turns out to be Monty getting the ECW World Heavyweight Championship down the road. My goodness, TNA didn't even have the respect to give him the title, n he had contended for it time and time again.

Great One

^^^I completely agree... Marcus Cor Von should of won the match. The WWE is being stupid now and rushing their #1 potential feud... (i.e. Punk vs. Benoit). Punk could of easily feuded with Nitro or Burke, but whatever.

Shunekas

Reaction score
new ecw champion cant fight with raw or smackdown champions she just cant wint versus them, in smackdown she was tag tem champion and nothing more. i dont understand it.
Bobby lashley was better in all ways :)

may u know why ecw is just 45min length, may im right but i think in ecw arent enough superstr that could fight 1h 30minutes like in raw or sd :)

3lions

Reaction score
Why do you refer to men as 'she?'

After reading the ECW results, it seems like it was a standard ECW show: showcased ME feud, whilst slowly continuing the midcard feud. I like how they are building Punk up as a viable contender for the title, yet aren't rushing him. Nitro / Punk should be a good feud. However, i have no time for a Striker / Boogeyman feud.