WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
CM Punk's gimmick is meant for a heel. You have him, someone who doesn't drink or do drugs, in an arena where lots of people are drinking beer, that's such a heel thing to do, be against the fans.

-R3-

Reaction score
It is too late for Andrew Martin....He didn't pass the 'Test'

xD

xtremebadass

I find it awesome that Punk is in a heel group, but they are still keeping him face, it's confusing

Wrestling God

Reaction score
I just loved it when he thew the chair into the ring and the look on Punks face was quite funny.

Starsky

Reaction score
Good ECW this week. Better than Raw in my opinion.

They only have an hour and they utilised it expertly this week. They focused on one major storyline throughout (CM Punk/New Brood vs. Originals). They had the three major players in that storyline (RVD, Punk, Burke) involved throughout the show in short but very necessary backstage segments. The psychology of everything was great and made sense. There's very much enough intrigue to keep me tuning next week.

The rest of the show was filler, but good filler at that.

Maloney

Reaction score
WWECW is not the old ECW. The old ECW was actually extreme. There is nothing extreme about the new ECW.

Soulpower

^^^ Most of us have learned to accept that. The sooner people realize that its nothing like the old ECW, the sooner they'll realizt that as of late "ECW" has been a pretty good show.

ChiWa

Reaction score
I kinda like this turn. Punk makes a fake turn until Burke is gone, then a real turn, then we get CM Punk vs. RVD.

3lions

Reaction score
This match will only be the second time these two have faced off one-on-one. How does that compare to Cena/Edge, who faced off multiple times? I don't see the connection, tbh. Also, the Lashley/Umaga feud only began in March and will be over once Backlash is over. This is in contrast to Cena/Edge which went on throughout 2006.

Soulpower

I am not looking forward to ECW tonight... or at least I'm not looking forward to Vince's celebration. Hopefully he'll remember that this is a one hour show and he can't waste 15 to 20 minutes in a "celebration segment". I'm guessing either Lashley and/or the originals will crash the party.

And of course there's the whole Punk/New Breed/Burke situation... I'm eager to see how this feud continues to play itself out.

mpaday

Reaction score
I'm not surprised about Lashley.. He's a big guy with muscles and Vince just loves those type of guys. One of the problems is that Lashley is still quite green and there's no on ECW that can really help him improve. On SD he had Benoit, Regal and FInlay all guys he could face which would have helped improve in the ring.

As for Vince worrying about WSX... He learned from the oriignal ECW that a company can come from left field and start getting attention from the wrestling fans. I'm not saying that WSX is like the old ECW, but its obvious that Vince wasnts to be rid of WSX before they become a threat to the Tuesday night slot.
I personally think that Lashley doesn't fit the ECW mould one bit. He doesn't deserve that belt. He should be on RAW with that other nitwit half-ass wrestler John Cena.

King_Ash

Reaction score
Well I havent seen RAW, Smackdown or ECW this week and its the one I'm most looking forward to.