WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

lmao @ Benjamin beating Christian. How fucking stupid is this? Seriously. Benjamin was being and acting like a low level jobber just 2 weeks ago and this week beats the top babyface on the show. Really fucking nice.

They did this fucked up booking with JoMo as well, when it happens you just question the sobriety of the writers.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I just hope Benjamin pinning Christian will lead to something and not just be forgotten. These two work well together. That match was great and imo should have been the main event.

Hometown Kid

I just hope Benjamin pinning Christian will lead to something and not just be forgotten. These two work well together. That match was great and imo should have been the main event.

Nah, he'll probably just job to Goldust or something next week. It was a good match though for a night, a feud between those 2 would be pretty great.

Can somebody explain to me why nobody comes out and says Hurricane is back? They just said he was a "mystery man" saving people. :laugh:

Batistafan333

Reaction score
I'm glad their was no Abraham Washington show this week. I can't stand that talk show! I wish Christian would have beaten Shelton Benjamin.

The Rated R CMStar

They did this fucked up booking with JoMo as well, when it happens you just question the sobriety of the writers

Only that he jobbed to a guy WWE will push before him, so it makes kinda sense.

Soulpower

lmao @ Benjamin beating Christian. How fucking stupid is this? Seriously. Benjamin was being and acting like a low level jobber just 2 weeks ago and this week beats the top babyface on the show. Really fucking nice.

Not just Christian losing, but Dreamer losing as well. Keep in mind, these are the two guys that will represent ECW at Night of Champions, and they're getting jobbed out 2 weeks before the show.

Why would I want to pay to see 2 losers go at it on PPV?

Also, props to both Yoshi and Burchill for continuing on with the match after Yoshi's botch.

DENNIN

Reaction score
That was possibly the worst fucking booked show I've seen. Not to mention they are booking JoMo completely wrong. Beat Punk, Lose to Ziggler, MJ Promo, Beat Punk Again...wtf???

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
WEC_53_Poster.jpg

WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis
Date: Dec 16, 2010
Venue: Jobing.com Arena
Broadcast: Versus

MAIN CARD

* Benson Henderson vs. Anthony Pettis
* Dominick Cruz vs. Scott Jorgensen
* Donald Cerrone vs. Chris Horodecki
* Bart Palaszewski vs. Kamal Shalorus
* Danny Downes vs. Tiequan Zhang

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Shane Roller vs. Jamie Varner
* Ivan Menjivar vs. Brad Pickett
* Ken Stone vs. Eddie Wineland
* Danny Castillo vs. Will Kerr
* Yuri Alcantara vs. Ricardo Lamas
* Renan Barao vs. Chris Cariaso

Ben

Reaction score
Cards like this is why I'm going to miss WEC being a stand alone promotion...at the same time the Banta and Feather divisions in UFC are gonna be important for the first time in UFC and the lightweigts are gonna get some more solid fighter. WAR Pettis and Jorgenson, even though I don't see either of them taking the wins.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
shane roller/jamie varner should def. not be a prelim fight.

Ben

Reaction score
Hoping to see this happen to Horodecki again

njoukani-kick-horodecki-1.gif

Ben

Reaction score
Damn good card...Pettis/Hendo was one of the best WEC fights and the fucking wall climb kick Pettis did was insane...deserved the win and with his fighting style the guy is going to be well received when he get to the UFC.

Still don't see him winning the title against either Maynard or Edgar...but the guy is only 23 and has a ton of upside.

Insane Wall Climb Kick Below:

12.gif