WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ox Baker

Reaction score
Ab-so-lutely

Let me get this straight. First, they ruin Test's push, but it doesn't matter because they give him the boot anyway. But now they have Lashley squash Holly in just about 4 minutes? ECW has a problem with squash contenders to its title. Now, when Lashley squashes Snitsky, where will he go? Who will be a legit contender to his belt? Absolutely horrid booking.

They marginalize so much of their talent putting other talent over it really is a shame. Squash matches are useless in my opinion. I'd rather see a real match where someone gets outsmarted for the win. Just like tna has too many run ins and promos, wwe has too many squashes and recaps. Marginalizing the talent the way they do, no wonder so few wrestlers actually get over unless they push someone like they have cena, 24/7 , 365.
NWAAlabamaHvywtTitle.jpg

Wild II

Reaction score
Holly has already gone past being a main eventer in ECW, so Lashley squashing him is no biggie. They can just transfer some other mid carder from Raw/SD and make them an ECW main eventer.

Reaction score
I think ECW will succeed in the long-run. When Vince puts his mind to something, it can pay off very well. But when Vince sits back and dishes out pathetic storylines/gimmicks, watch out. It has been reported that Vince is determined to fix the new ECW, so it can stand on it's own as a brand. Mcmahon knows how to get ratings when he wants. Right now, ECW is getting low ratings because of people like Matt Striker. It also appears to be a failure because of the lack of promotion. Vince needs to inter-promote ECW into storylines with the chief brand, RAW; just until ECW gets more publicity.

I think ECW this week was the best I've seen in a long time. Bobby Lashley exploding through the cage and taking out Umaga, was in my opinion, the greatest "Oh my God!" moment of the new ECW. I really enjoy Bobby Lasley as a wrestler, because he can put on a very entertaining match. His entrance his great, his performance is great, however he is obviously lacking in his microphone skills. He is too soft-spoken; much like a Michael Jackson on steroids. I am not implying Lashley is on steroids - as I respect him as a bodybuilder being able to bench-press upwards of 600 pounds. In conclusion, I think Bobby needs to step outside the box and try to shoot a little bit more of an intimidating promo. Either that or get a manager.

As for Hardcore Holly, I think he knows how to shoot a decent promo, and he can carry a good match. However, Holly is an accident waiting to happen and is very injury prone. What the new ECW needs, is another draft lottery. The ECW roster right now is weak. They've got guys like Terry Funk on the roster, who to my knowledge - have never even appeared on an episode on Sci-fi. Anyways, a draft always shakes things up. Mcmahon needs to realize that if he wants to get ratings, he needs to bring in big names, as opposed to using ECW as a breeding (no pun intended) ground for developmental talent.

Psychofrog

Reaction score
woo, Stone Cold's going to be on ECW tonight!

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
How did ECW look on TV last night?Because live it was just shitty.The "Extreme" Battle royal was trash Snistky was bs and the main event was good,just too long and id rather see a good Mcmahon/umaga/lashley/Stone cold promo.plus all they had in the back was CM Punk Merchandise and no CM punk match???WTF

Soulpower

It didn't look shitty... It was shitty. It was an "Extreme" Battle Royal and the first thing Sandman does is leave the singapore cane on the outside. There was a blunder on the part of someone because it didn't look like RVD was supposed to be eliminated, I mean the fact tha Dreamer won the match should tell you that something went wrong (No disrespect intended for Dreamer).

For the second straight week Punk didn't wrestle (because who wants to see that?) However, he did get a New Breed shirt which looked like it cost 25 cents to make although it will probably be sold for 25 bucks at Shopzone.

The ME event was just dull.... Orton cannot carry Lashley to a good match and that among other things was one of the reasons that the crowd started the boring chants. I saw Orton doing his "stomp" about twice, the Boston Crab about three times and apparently Lashley forgot all of his suplexes because he did the same move over and over again (lift Orton uo, throw him down and then an elbow) and by the way.... Lashley's finisher is not a Dominator, its a Running Power Slam.. You would think Joey Styles could notice the difference, but I guess not.

And then to end the show VInce walks out and we get.... The icy stare of doom by Vince!!

Lame show, boring show, and its a shame because for these past weeks ECW was almost an entertaining show but they really took a step back this week.

xtremebadass

tonight i hope Masters kicks the crap out of Lashley, one of these days Lashleys momentum will stop

mharvey

Reaction score
I agree. A show not worth attending.

CenaMark54

The Main Event for tomorrows ECW is Matt, Jeff, Punk and Edge vs Orton, Kennedy, Finlay, and Booker.

Its pretty obvious Edge will abandon his team or Orton and Edge will fight to the back making it 3 on 3.

King_Ash

Reaction score
Never the less, I do predict a good ECW main event.

CharismaticEnigma

Reaction score
It's garbage. The new breed is trash, Sandman and Dreamer are washed up, RVD and Sabu can only hold it on their backs for so long. Lashley is pure shit.

phantomgerald

i like the new breed, actually. thet're a breath of fresh air and wwe talent that is not squashed by lashley

xtremebadass

That ECW just now was so badass, well the main event was. It's a shame, it's been like almost a yr and now is the first time you actually see a HARDCORE match in ECW, those chair shots were sick