Revamping the staff, nomination thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Veritas

Reaction score
One idea that I may or may not have mentioned before: stronger, more substantive non-wrestling discussion. I'm not talking about Graphics or E-Fed, though those things may bring some benefit. Topics, debates even, on politics, current events, and human interest stories tend to bring in posters who like wrestling and are also smart. If they can contribute to a conversation on whether or not the Bush tax cuts should be extended, they can certainly contribute to a conversation over whether or not a John Cena heel turn would work.

I don't know about that. In my own past experience, allowing politics discussions among wrestling fans is usually opening a hornet's nest. Sure there are some people who can do it respectfully but, within 5 posts, we were usually back to the lowbrow posting and "cutting promos" on each other. As an Admin, I even had to ban a few people from the Current Events forum just so topics would have a chance.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
I don't know about that. In my own past experience, allowing politics discussions among wrestling fans is usually opening a hornet's nest. Sure there are some people who can do it respectfully but, within 5 posts, we were usually back to the lowbrow posting and "cutting promos" on each other. As an Admin, I even had to ban a few people from the Current Events forum just so topics would have a chance.
It isn't really among wrestling fans, it's just that politics discussions always turn dirty.
Other than here, I post on another (non-wrestling) forum, much bigger than this place. While politics isn't definitely what that forum is about, it's definitely the section with highest number of posts per day, and despite very strict rules and moderators there are multiple insane fights daily. I can log on tomorrow and find a new thread that has already 15+ pages of replies.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
You talk about the e-mail confirmation, but I know it would be easier for spam bots to come on, why not turn it off. And if you are truly worried about spammers, turn on Admin Confirmation, but if the e-mails are seriously fucking up, than probably best to change that setting.

J...

Reaction score
Has nothing to do with staff but bring back quick reply and get rid of the image verification bull shit.

Reaction score
I used the quick reply just then. Not sure what image verification is either, but I'm assuming it's because you spammed pics of dicks (I think) thus those conditions have been imposed upon you.

Chuck was unintentionally lolzy.

J...

Reaction score
Well in that case fix that shit for me it's one the reasons I can never make 2 posts here before leaving again its annoyin as fuck.

edit: oh fucked it up the first time gotta type a new one fuck this.

...god...

Reaction score
You are mentally handicapped, aren't you?

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Well in that case fix that shit for me it's one the reasons I can never make 2 posts here before leaving again its annoyin as fuck.

edit: oh fucked it up the first time gotta type a new one fuck this.

In case you haven't noticed, you have your own usergroup.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
I don't see why. You have been put there for a reason, and you haven't even tried to convince us of the opposite.

...god...

Reaction score
Oh, there's an actual reason he can't see Quick Reply?

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
why the fuck do i not have my own usergroup wtf is this bullshit.

oh and i got a new phone with unlimited interwebs so i might decide to be active