Revamping the staff, nomination thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
I can't even believe people still think there is a problem with the staff or that it needs to be changed. If you want more activity, you have to advertise, it's so fucking simple. And that task being solely placed on the 4-5 person active staff is arguable. You've all been here either a very long time, like myself, or a fairly long amount of time where you still must like this place and are loyal to this place if you remain to come here thus should be obligated to the same amount of necessities to help the forum prosper. That includes myself, Carlo, Beer, etc. it doesn't matter. None of us do anything to my knowledge to advertise, I was the only one who even brought it up in the staff room because apparently was the only one who actually could use his brain and tell you that lack of activity has nothing to do with flaming, 'trolling', or the staff (lol). Then after the responses so obviously indicating no one gave a shit obviously I stopped. If you want to do something significant for the forum, Carlo, go advertise and show people that you are so maybe more will. If there's an actual noticeable improvement maybe then things will actually change. Until then leave the fucking staff, more sections don't need to be fucking modded when the average post counts per day is what, 10? Lol. Me AND/OR Enzo could probably 'mod' the whole wrestling side alone with ease even though we're both not even THAT active. I can't even believe we're going over this, do people actually care if they're staff? I mean, what is the actual reason you even appoint someone to staff moderators? To oversee a section in which all you will be doing is stickying a thread every now and then and clearing up spam assuming people (or bots) actually register on the forum willing to fucking spam in the first place.

The only one who could logically do other shit would be Mike or Mark in which it'd be updates to the actual server and forum features.

Tbh, even advertising wouldn't really work.
I mean, what do you expect to happen? I go on a wrestling site, advertise, get banned and my posts deleted, noone comes here.
As for the staff, so far I removed just those who weren't active at all, or stepped down, and the e-fed.

...god...

Reaction score
Increase traffic/affiliates/wwe.com thing.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
We are sorry if we are busy trying to do something with our lives.

I'm going to assume you're just being glib but for those who don't realize that, this job you guys do, takes fifteen - thirty minutes a day. I dunno how busy you are, I work 10-12 hour days and I can still find 15-30 mins to pop on here if I really feel like it.

On a serious note, Mike can't be touched.

And therein lies a problem. Nobody should be untouchable. Nobody. Everyone should be accountable for their (lack of) actions.

Tbh, even advertising wouldn't really work.
I mean, what do you expect to happen? I go on a wrestling site, advertise, get banned and my posts deleted, noone comes here.

You're doing it wrong. Spamming advertisements doesn't really do anything. What you need to do is PM the new members. The ones who haven't made themselves at home yet and sell them.

And before anyone says anything I didn't bother with this because I didn't feel it was necessary at the time.

Axis

Reaction score
If you google "WWE wrestling forum," we show up on the first page of results. Is there a way to show how many guests lurk in a day? It is possible that people come frequently, but stay infrequently.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
At the bottom of the main page under users within the last 24 hours or whatever you'll see this: 1920 Users have visited the forum. 48 members and 1872 guests

Now of course most of those are bots and whatnot, but, if even 5% of that 1872 are real people there are still around 90 or so people visiting every day and not signing up.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
I'm going to assume you're just being glib but for those who don't realize that, this job you guys do, takes fifteen - thirty minutes a day. I dunno how busy you are, I work 10-12 hour days and I can still find 15-30 mins to pop on here if I really feel like it.
It has happened I didn't even have those 30 min.

And therein lies a problem. Nobody should be untouchable. Nobody. Everyone should be accountable for their (lack of) actions.

It's irrelevant to me. Let's face it, when in the past he was inactive as he is now, things were still going on pretty well, we had 3 active admins other than him.
You're doing it wrong. Spamming advertisements doesn't really do anything. What you need to do is PM the new members. The ones who haven't made themselves at home yet and sell them.
That may actually take more than 30 min.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
And btw, one of the reasons most of the new members suck or don't even post, is that wrestling itself suck right now and has been sucking for a while.
Countless times I've read here our best members saying ''I don't watch wwe anymore because it sucks and it's not worthy my time''.
In the past when good members quit, new ones registered, now many quit, and Adam and RC styles come.
WWE wanted (rightfully from their pov) to make a kid friendly product, and kids is all we get.
I can advertise as much as you want, more Adams will come.

pumpt73

Reaction score
I'll be honest guys, I think we have a pretty darn solid core of members. The ones who post on a regular basis. And to be straight, compared to the board I used to post on, I think our core members are some of the most knowledgable on the net. When it comes to staff, I've seen guys campaign and plead to be made staff, which I can't understand. Becoming staff is something that should be earned through quality posts, not through politicking. When I was asked to Mod the MMA forum, I asked the admins to make sure it was cool with everyone before I said yes because I didn't want to step on toes.

If members think we need to advertise to get more members, we really don't. Honestly, people probably won't want to post on a forum where people get insulted or talked down to. We have enough knowledge here to hold some of the best debate and conversation about wrestling, MMA, sports, and everything else in between. TIO is right about the younger fans looking for a WWE forum. When new members join and announce themselves, welcome them. Tell them to read our rules and understand them. Hell, when I joined I announced it, and I think it was Adam who told me to get lost or something. I laughed and ignored him. We have a darn good forum here. But it's true that wrestling has fallen on it's rump. When longtime fans aren't interested, they won't discuss it. That doesn't mean we can't keep those members coming back to post in other categories. Maybe redesign the alignment of the categories?? Add a video posting section for matches and fights?? Just a thought.

...god...

Reaction score
I'm not saying not to welcome the new members I just don't feel that's a problem though. The e-mail confirmation thing not working probably fucked up the forum pretty bad.

pumpt73

Reaction score
I agree bro. Veritas was my friend that I had invited from our old board and he waited like 2 weeks or something for his confirmation. Im with you. I think the board is solid. If anything a tweak here or there would be all that's needed. Honestly, once I became a member here, I stopped posting on all other wrestling/MMA forums that I was on.

Axis

Reaction score
I have always been a believer that good, long-term discussion is brought about by intelligent posters. They do not have to be brilliant, but guys like Adam come and go in scores, and bring nothing of substance. Instead of tossing out a huge net with lots of holes, trying to get anybody to join, and then hating them when they do, we should be more specific.

One idea that I may or may not have mentioned before: stronger, more substantive non-wrestling discussion. I'm not talking about Graphics or E-Fed, though those things may bring some benefit. Topics, debates even, on politics, current events, and human interest stories tend to bring in posters who like wrestling and are also smart. If they can contribute to a conversation on whether or not the Bush tax cuts should be extended, they can certainly contribute to a conversation over whether or not a John Cena heel turn would work. I've found at other forums, that the posters who stick around for a while and are generally well-liked, did not originally sign up to discuss wrestling. They may have been lurking for a while, but when somebody talked about the Iraq War, they were more likely to object (and thus sign up in order to post), than if somebody talked about EV2.0, who nobody cares about. Just an idea. Not sure if it would work here, but I've seen it work elsewhere.