Revamping the staff, nomination thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

J...

Reaction score
Hmmm must have something to do with the other because I still have to type the code and I'm not too worried about PMing and stuff as long as I can quick reply.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I keep on saying time and again that I'm just not active enough to do the duties that some members feel I deserve to be doing, such as being Admin. I mean, I could give a real concentrated effort on it, but I can't give any guarantees on being able to bring this forum out of the gutter.

I agree with Pumpt, I think we have a damn good core of members. I also agree with Axis, we need to have some sort of a debate section that welcomes intelligent posting and debating about real life issues. This section would require some special attention from the Mods to make sure that childish noobies could not disrupt the flow of conversation. And yes, that includes deleting, warning and infracting for stupid and distracting posts.

I think we just need to resell the majority of the board to newer potential members on it's merits. Sell the Wrestling Discussion sections to the newer kids welcoming them to spam their love/hate for the faces and heels, maybe even renaming the whole WWE based sections as the Kayfabe Corner. Then have a separate section of News/Rumors/Indy wrestling talk where the smarks have a place to go to voice their opinions on wrestling whenever it hits their fancy.

Hell in a Thread needs to be revamped completely to be focused on allowing controversial, NSFW material. Even fusing the section with the Nude Divas and Bit Torrenting sections just so that HIAT can be a hub of specialized, VIP specific debauchery. Once HIAT has a clear purpose, I think activity there will spike.

BTB is dead. I think the entire section needs to be abolished and allow Axis to have his own thread in the E-Fedding section or whatever where his TNA BTB is THE featured fantasy writing blog on the site. That way he can get more traffic individually. Since he's gonna write that BTB whether anybodies reading it or not, I think he deserves kudos for sticking with it.

I'll be reinstated as Admin if that's what people want and overlook the changes. I'll need someone to be commissioned to make an audio commercial that I will personally spread out to the Angry Marks Podcast Network, where I co-host a radio show and am good friends with the owners. This will give us even more exposure, and possibly help to establish IWF as the official forums sponsoring Angry Marks, so that they can advertise their syndicated programming on here and share their viewers with us so that we can all be one big wrestling and mma community. But that could interfere with the actual IWF website that Mark runs with their podcast network, so I dunno if that will work. But I can definitely spread our name around that community anyway even without a mutual advertising agreement.

Otherwise I can do my best to stay out of people's way when it comes to them posting as they see fit. That includes from the likes of Colin, Beer, Lady Hotrod, C-4 and others. I don't want to be "that guy" being the overbearing Mod that I was before trying to lead a crusade against trolling. I just want to do what I can to help out. And if all of these changes still can't get us increased activity, then I suppose we can just float here until Mark gets sick of paying the fees to keep this piece of junk running.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Also, I'll personally relaunch the IWF E-Fed. But under my own vision. And only if I have 8 volunteers from the get go to roleplay. I'll be the sole writer, but I want 8 individual people to roleplay on a weekly basis, even if it's just 3 paragraphs a week. And it won't be a relaunch of the old dead fed. It'll be a brand new IWF. But like I said, only if I have a minimum of 8 characters from individual users.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Also, I'll personally relaunch the IWF E-Fed. But under my own vision. And only if I have 8 volunteers from the get go to roleplay. I'll be the sole writer, but I want 8 individual people to roleplay on a weekly basis, even if it's just 3 paragraphs a week. And it won't be a relaunch of the old dead fed. It'll be a brand new IWF. But like I said, only if I have a minimum of 8 characters from individual users.

I suggest you make an announcement in that case, see if you can gather those 8 people and the e-fed is yours.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
I agree with Pumpt, I think we have a damn good core of members. I also agree with Axis, we need to have some sort of a debate section that welcomes intelligent posting and debating about real life issues. This section would require some special attention from the Mods to make sure that childish noobies could not disrupt the flow of conversation. And yes, that includes deleting, warning and infracting for stupid and distracting posts.
Probably going to make it. I just think it needs some effort to be launched, then it should be fine.
Hell in a Thread needs to be revamped completely to be focused on allowing controversial, NSFW material. Even fusing the section with the Nude Divas and Bit Torrenting sections just so that HIAT can be a hub of specialized, VIP specific debauchery. Once HIAT has a clear purpose, I think activity there will spike.
Hiat would be back as a consequence, more members, more controversies, more hiat shit.

I'll be reinstated as Admin if that's what people want and overlook the changes. I'll need someone to be commissioned to make an audio commercial that I will personally spread out to the Angry Marks Podcast Network, where I co-host a radio show and am good friends with the owners. This will give us even more exposure, and possibly help to establish IWF as the official forums sponsoring Angry Marks, so that they can advertise their syndicated programming on here and share their viewers with us so that we can all be one big wrestling and mma community. But that could interfere with the actual IWF website that Mark runs with their podcast network, so I dunno if that will work. But I can definitely spread our name around that community anyway even without a mutual advertising agreement.
How much active is that community?

Otherwise I can do my best to stay out of people's way when it comes to them posting as they see fit. That includes from the likes of Colin, Beer, Lady Hotrod, C-4 and others. I don't want to be "that guy" being the overbearing Mod that I was before trying to lead a crusade against trolling. I just want to do what I can to help out. And if all of these changes still can't get us increased activity, then I suppose we can just float here until Mark gets sick of paying the fees to keep this piece of junk running.
Just slap them on the occasion.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
The Angrymarks community don't have their own official boards. I have no idea why. But I know they have at least one podcast running every evening, their website does constant daily updates of all the latest news and rumors, and they even have weekly polls that at least 60+ people usually participate in. And their more successful shows run about 1,300 downloads per week. It's not a lot, but it's exposure.

As for the E-Fed, I have posted a Stickied Thread, as when I tried to make an announcement it didn't show up on the entire forum, and was barely visible in the section that I made it an announcement in, without the ability to reply to it. So I will just leave it where it is.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
The Angrymarks community don't have their own official boards. I have no idea why. But I know they have at least one podcast running every evening, their website does constant daily updates of all the latest news and rumors, and they even have weekly polls that at least 60+ people usually participate in. And their more successful shows run about 1,300 downloads per week. It's not a lot, but it's exposure.
It would be good enough to have 10-15 of those 60 joining tbh.
As for the E-Fed, I have posted a Stickied Thread, as when I tried to make an announcement it didn't show up on the entire forum, and was barely visible in the section that I made it an announcement in, without the ability to reply to it. So I will just leave it where it is .
Ok, I'll see if I can do something later.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Get Chuck and This Guy to come back and Admin the site again.

yeah cause that would solve all the problems.

Doubt it, both are busy with their kids.

that shows how active I am I didn't know Chuck had kids....its not just my kids, its lack of time in general and other things that I will touch on in a momment.

I swear putting me as admin will make this site more active, lol.

but for all the wrong reasons.

Okay so here is the deal at least as it relates to me.......

I'm 33 years old. And one day I realized that I am tired of arguing with kids all the time...I do that enough with my 4 year old daughter who thinks she's the boss of her life. Guys like John saying stupid shit all the time, and others who are actually worse were not worth having wrestling discussions with. 2 of my employees at my job are both 10 plus years younger then me and both wrestling fans and we enjoy discussing pro wrestling at work... I was not enjoying it here because everything turned into a petty name calling bitch fest. I became less and less intrested in talking, but I still wanted to be a part of this place. So I tried really hard to at least stay active with the GM Pool....but at that point the discussion was gone and I became less and less motivated to make time to show up. And thats pretty much where I stand.

I like many of you despite your need to bitch and make fun of people constantly rather then carry on an intelegent conversation, but if your going to have a true wrestling discussion forum then you not only need to set rules to make it a respecful place but then the people in charge need to enforce it equally and live by it....or if you don't care then you as the people in charge can not be playing favourites and making certain people's lives misrable. Either way everyone needs to be treated equally regaurdless of how you or anyone else feels about them.

When Monk was running the place he threw out the rules but it worked because he treated everyone the same, but in the later days before Mike return, there were cases of Monk starting to act a little biased towards some members. Which is why when Chaos returned and seemed to have a clear direction of restoring the forums rules and treating everyone the same I supported him in it. And again like wise it was starting to work despite many objections, Mike refused at points to bow to the masses demands for Bans for people like LKP etc, just because they didn't like those members. But again around the time I finally left the staff I couldn't help but notice Mike also starting to act a little biased towards certain people, including his "lets keep changing Blazes name to stupid things just to piss him off"

For me this forum was still at its best before any of those events. When Chaos, Chuck & 3lions were the admins and everyone was treated with the same respect and were punished equally based on the rules. Not to say there still weren't trouble makes from time to time, (your never going to be rid of them all) but people were still punished acordingly reguardless of there status within the forum.

Anyways thats my feeling on the forum. Agree or disagree it doesn't really matter but thats how I feel and thats why I haven't been on very often. Its not personal.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
I'm 33 years old. And one day I realized that I am tired of arguing with kids all the time...I do that enough with my 4 year old daughter who thinks she's the boss of her life. Guys like John saying stupid shit all the time, and others who are actually worse were not worth having wrestling discussions with. 2 of my employees at my job are both 10 plus years younger then me and both wrestling fans and we enjoy discussing pro wrestling at work... I was not enjoying it here because everything turned into a petty name calling bitch fest. I became less and less intrested in talking, but I still wanted to be a part of this place. So I tried really hard to at least stay active with the GM Pool....but at that point the discussion was gone and I became less and less motivated to make time to show up. And thats pretty much where I stand.

I would like to point out here, the average age in wrestling discussions is right now much higher than it was before. The new guys, namely Pumpt, Veritas and Thom aren't really kids, add them to the old guys (Enzo, Montana and Airfixx for example but there are others) and overall the level of our posters is not bad at all. Yea, John is still around, but if it makes you feel better, he is a little less annoying than he was in the past, and he's often left alone. There was another annoying kid around for a while, but we got rid of him.
If you still watch wrestling, I think you should check the forum more often, it's not really a trollfest like it was in the past.

pumpt73

Reaction score
I know I don't know you This Guy, but Im 32 bro, 33 in July 2011. The 2 other guys that TIO mentioned were good posters and friends of mine at our old board. Both very knowledgeable and straight to the point and respectful. I like to think Im the same way. Rarely will you see me cuss, and honestly, it takes a lot for me to rag on someone because it's just not needed especially when you're trying to have good debate and convo. I think if you become more active you could definitely contribute. From what I've read, you're pretty well respected. Im not the most knowledgable, but I'll try my best.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I do agree with you G-1 that clear rules, enforcement and direction could probably re-establish IWF and get us back on track to having intelligent, meaningful discussions. But everytime someone on staff has tried to set that train on those tracks, the majority of the active members backlash heavily against rules and enforcement. I just don't think it's a possible goal to turn IWF into a rules abiding community that would be willing to subject itself to fair and balanced direction. At least not without tearing what little community we have in two and killing off what little we have left of this place.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
I do agree with you G-1 that clear rules, enforcement and direction could probably re-establish IWF and get us back on track to having intelligent, meaningful discussions. But everytime someone on staff has tried to set that train on those tracks, the majority of the active members backlash heavily against rules and enforcement. I just don't think it's a possible goal to turn IWF into a rules abiding community that would be willing to subject itself to fair and balanced direction. At least not without tearing what little community we have in two and killing off what little we have left of this place.
Honestly, since Adam got banned, discussions don't really look that bad to me.