What's The Real Deal With God?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
MS, do you have any factual proof besides the internet? And I'm deluded. Seriously, everything you type isn't 100% true just because you think otherwise. If you fine me 100% believable, and TRUE facts, and explanations, trust me, I'd believe you.

Maybe they aren't the Illuminati, but I believe very strongly that something is run behind the scenes. Explain the New World Orders? I'm not gonna jump on the 9/11 thing, but explain why the goverment hasn't found Osama yet? I honestly believe H1N1 was just a ploy to help get the economy up for the gov't, and that they blew it way out of proportion, and that the goverment also began the flu themselves. Thats me, those are my beliefs.

Prove me wrong.

Axis

Occam's Razor. I will not take the time to explain it to you; there is a sufficiently decent Wikipedia page to do so. Basically, neither you nor monkeystyles can prove your stance with 100% certainty (just like you can not prove, with 100% certainty, that you are alive or that you are reading real text), but it is worth siding on the simpler belief.

Reaction score
Haven't read any posts in the topic besides the first one but I'll put my two cents in the topic..

As a Roman Catholic I've learned that God is with us through both the good and bad times.. You know how they say you take God for granted when you're having good times and no problems.. Well thats the reason we get problems.. Because it's his way to remind us to recall our faith.. To go back to him.. It's his way of saying he misses us.. I mean look at it this way.. When everything's bad we pray to him, Even go to church even if we usually don't.. But once that problem is gone we slowly vanish from attending the church and live on with our lives..

So yeah, That's what the explanation is with our religion's point of view.. Didn't really turn it into a long post, Just summarized it..

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Haven't read any posts in the topic besides the first one but I'll put my two cents in the topic..

As a Roman Catholic I've learned that God is with us through both the good and bad times.. You know how they say you take God for granted when you're having good times and no problems.. Well thats the reason we get problems.. Because it's his way to remind us to recall our faith.. To go back to him.. It's his way of saying he misses us.. I mean look at it this way.. When everything's bad we pray to him, Even go to church even if we usually don't.. But once that problem is gone we slowly vanish from attending the church and live on with our lives..

So yeah, That's what the explanation is with our religion's point of view.. Didn't really turn it into a long post, Just summarized it..

No need to read the rest of the thread. It's just your predictable Atheism Vs. Theism debate that breaks out whenever a religious thread is made. lol. I'm just surprised it took 2 months to get to this point. +Rep for being one of the only guys to actually answer the threads main point. lol.

Reaction score
Flying Spaghetti Monster I reckon.

RAMEN.. :p

No need to read the rest of the thread. It's just your predictable Atheism Vs. Theism debate that breaks out whenever a religious thread is made. lol. I'm just surprised it took 2 months to get to this point. +Rep for being one of the only guys to actually answer the threads main point. lol.

LOL.. Thanks for the rep.. Coming right back at ya.. Eh.. The topic of religion is just way too heated for it not to turn out that way.. LOL..

Soulpower

I wasn't aware about Quintastic's One... past situations.

Anyways, good to know you didn't go through with any of that. As someone who's been through something similiar (The nervous breakdown, wanting to kill yourself.... Though I actually did try to kill myself), you don't know how shitty one feels after trying to take your own life.

As for the whole God thing and where I stand on that particular subject.. I'll leave that discussion for another day :shifty:

LKP

I was born a christian and went to a catholic school etc etc. I went to a catholic primary and secondary school. One day i randomly thought to myself...... Why do we say god is a man? Is it proven he is? is it proven he even existed? Then i had the internet and after reading the same questions i had i thought oooh i could be onto something here. There is no proof that there is a god at all.
Yeah we hear of Jesus in the middle east but cmon over that part of the world a lot of people are called that name. So whos to say if there was one how come he became so great? Why was he turning water into wine? I mean was the wine alcoholic? Was it made from grapes? Does anyone see why i started to question this shit? Then i thought im not saying there is no god or he existed. Just the fact more you think about it the more it doe snot make much sense. I will share more on why i question god soon.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
God created us.

No, your parents created you. Evolution created human beings from our primate ancestors. This is not up for debate. Any response that you would come up with is the equivalent of sticking your head in the sand.

However, I am a Christian as well. I'm not a hardcore Christian, I don't go to chuch every Sunday, but I am a believer. As the Quintastic One said, God is my crutch. I lean on Him when times are rough, and although I don't thank Him enough for what He does for me, I am thankful.

So if you are willing to admit that God is a crutch just like most who use a crutch it is eventually discarded because it is no longer necessary. The fact that you still require this crutch shows that you are still wounded and in need of healing if you will. You need to realize that there is more than likely no God and that you stand on your own. Because otherwise you remain a crippled human incapable of taking control of his own life.

I have no reason to be skeptical about God's existance.

You have no reason to believe in God either. When has God or his angels or anything even remotely divine manifested itself to you? The answer is never.

Others may, but my opinion is my opinion.

lol I love this reasoning. Everyone has an opinion. Doesn't make yours any less stupid.

I find it hard to believe that people came from monkeys, and if that is true, then who created the monkeys?

The scientific evidence is there and like I said if you want to shove your fingers in your ears like a petulant child and scream LALALALALA at the top of your lungs then that's up to you.

As to who created the monkeys, I don't know and neither do you. However at least I admit what I don't know. You on the other hand try and claim knowledge of that which you could not possibly know based on an opinion. That's pretty ridiculous.

I was born Catholic. I discovered Illuminati, and that led me to not believe in Christmas, or Easter, or any other Peagan/Catholic holidays. So I eventually discovered the Jehovah Witness beliefs, and practiced that since I was ten.

I'm just loling right now at the fact that you are a Jehovah's Witness. Don't get me wrong, all religions are more or less cults but yours is a Cult with a capital C. I've totally lost any respect I had for you. The fact that if your child was dying and required a blood transfusion, you would say no based on idiotic religious grounds and let your child die is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard. You are a pathetic human being and I hope the church saps you of all your resources and leaves you a broken bitter man.

Honestly, I don't see why anyone would believe in Science over God, being that its the same exact thing factwise.

No it's not. Most things science purports have been proven factual. Nothing about God or religion has been proven factual.

A lot of people overlook the fact that in the bible, there are points like when they said that the Earth wasn't flat, but instead round. Mean while, the people of Jereusalem and other cities believed that the world was flat, and had an end. How would the man that preached it was round wouldv'e known if not for God as he said in the bible.

Uhh that was never said anywhere in the bible.

Also, the stories of Jesus, if you don't know them, can also be enough for someone to believe. Jesus, the son of God, the Messiah, returns from the dead. Intense stuff tbf.

So you just go ahead and believe any story your fed without proof of facts? Did the tortoise really out run the hare too? Were Old Mother Hubbard's cupboards really bare?

Now, I personally, don't believe in a religion, but do have plenty of faith in a god.

You're an idiot. What do you call being a Jehovah's Witness?

At the end of the day, religon, and science, are both created by man.

I think this is the only intelligent thing you've said in your entire post. Yes religions were created by man and if you extrapolate from that you'll find that each of the Gods of these religions were also created by man.

And believing in god, is all about faith.

Faith, blindly following something with no proof. Same thing.

Science, and religion just contribute, and try to convince you to believe one way, or another.

Except one proves itself and follows logic and the other is just another fairy tale that a bunch of suckers follow to their unsatisfying dooms.

MS, do you have any factual proof besides the internet?

Yeah, easily proven facts and an objective view of reality. You base your life off one book that has not been proven factual in any way shape or form.

And I'm deluded.

You're a Jehovah's Witness, the two go hand in hand.

Seriously, everything you type isn't 100% true just because you think otherwise. If you fine me 100% believable, and TRUE facts, and explanations, trust me, I'd believe you.

No, you wouldn't. If that was the case all you would have to do is look around you and you would realize that there is no reason to believe in God. There are no manifestations, just the workings of human beings.

Maybe they aren't the Illuminati, but I believe very strongly that something is run behind the scenes. Explain the New World Orders? I'm not gonna jump on the 9/11 thing, but explain why the goverment hasn't found Osama yet? I honestly believe H1N1 was just a ploy to help get the economy up for the gov't, and that they blew it way out of proportion, and that the goverment also began the flu themselves. Thats me, those are my beliefs.

Paranoia isn't a belief. It's a derangement.

Beer

I was born a christian and went to a catholic school etc etc. I went to a catholic primary and secondary school. One day i randomly thought to myself...... Why do we say god is a man? Is it proven he is? is it proven he even existed? Then i had the internet and after reading the same questions i had i thought oooh i could be onto something here. There is no proof that there is a god at all.
Yeah we hear of Jesus in the middle east but cmon over that part of the world a lot of people are called that name. So whos to say if there was one how come he became so great? Why was he turning water into wine? I mean was the wine alcoholic? Was it made from grapes? Does anyone see why i started to question this shit? Then i thought im not saying there is no god or he existed. Just the fact more you think about it the more it doe snot make much sense. I will share more on why i question god soon.

Please don't.

LKP

Beer stop acting like your a tough guy or a knob and post what you think. Its a serious discussion not a casual talk thread.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
MonkeyStyle said:
I'm just loling right now at the fact that you are a Jehovah's Witness. Don't get me wrong, all religions are more or less cults but yours is a Cult with a capital C. I've totally lost any respect I had for you. The fact that if your child was dying and required a blood transfusion, you would say no based on idiotic religious grounds and let your child die is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard. You are a pathetic human being and I hope the church saps you of all your resources and leaves you a broken bitter man.
This was ridiculous, I believed in Jehovah Witness beliefs. Past tense, now I don't and even if I sill did. If my child were dying, any religion, beliefs laws would go out the window. I wasn't even aware of JW's practicing that, like I said, I believed, and never went THAT into the religion, nor will I ever.
MS said:
No it's not. Most things science purports have been proven factual. Nothing about God or religion has been proven factual.
Not Evolution, nor creation.
ms said:
Uhh that was never said anywhere in the bible.
read this
---------------------------
the Old Testament, Job 26:7 explains that the earth is suspended in space, the obvious comparison being with the spherical sun and moon. [DD]

A literal translation of Job 26:10 is "He described a circle upon the face of the waters, until the day and night come to an end." A spherical earth is also described in Isaiah 40:21-22 - "the circle of the earth."

Proverbs 8:27 also suggests a round earth by use of the word circle (e.g., New King James Bible and New American Standard Bible). If you are overlooking the ocean, the horizon appears as a circle. This circle on the horizon is described in Job 26:10. The circle on the face of the waters is one of the proofs that the Greeks used for a spherical earth. Yet here it is recorded in Job, ages before the Greeks discovered it. Job 26:10 indicates that where light terminates, darkness begins. This suggests day and night on a spherical globe. [JSM]
MS said:
Yeah, easily proven facts and an objective view of reality. You base your life off one book that has not been proven factual in any way shape or form.
Religion doesn't necessarily mean you base your life on the bible. You can be very religious and still not even know one verse from the bible. Shit, I never remembered a verse. If anything, most people use the bible somewhat like a history book. Thats a good example of what I used the book as.
ms said:
No, you wouldn't. If that was the case all you would have to do is look around you and you would realize that there is no reason to believe in God. There are no manifestations, just the workings of human beings.
Thats funny because human beings themselves are workings, and manifestations of God.

Let me ask you this, how'd the animals magically appear on Earth, scientifically speaking? How'd the violent explosion of a very small agglomeration of matter of extremely high density and temperature cause a planet, with livable conditions, to just appear? These are just as mythical as the stories in the bible.