What's The Real Deal With God?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
TQO I have to go. I am going to ensure that we continue this conversation at a later date.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure people are going to suggest I go back to therapy or act genuinely concerned if I don't. It's fine. I'm used to these kind of reactions. Only reasons the therapy stopped was because I became of age where my family insurance didn't cover me anymore. And you'd be surprised how expensive this shit gets. lol.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Well, my former gf was both anorexic and bulimic, so I got an idea.
Oh and don't worry, I won't suggest you to go back to therapy. Fortunately enough, I just don't really give a fuck. :D

Nation

Who fucking knows if there is a "GOD". I used to pray to God. Even with my previous praying recently i've gone through some hard times and praying hasn't helped one bit. I guess I believe that something created us but if there is a God why would he/she/it let children have cancer, women be raped, wars go on, allow people to suffer who live in poor countries, etc, etc...?

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
when I was a kid, i wasn't much of a believer of God. Even then it seemed ridicilous to believe the bible. What questions about life did it really answer? If your way of answering life's questions is through fear, you and your beliefs can go fuck yourselves. Much easier to believe Jesus is a rip off of former religions that were once based off of the Sun.

Video games taught me alot when I was a kid. Their protagonist was usually my heroes. as a RPG nerd , I swear every game out dealt with religion in some form.

I use to pray to the stars, seemed much easier to pray to the unknown.

Now I believe modern religion is just a mask weaker people hide under. I also believe being an atheist is really overrated

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
Karl Marx also said that his new idea of communism was the way to be... just sayin..

Kizza

Fair enough. We all need to vent about this stuff every now and then. Even if it's not exactly on topic. lol.

I've never been Catholic so help me out with this one. How can you call yourself Catholic, and yet be an atheist? lol. Are you referring to being raised Catholic? Because if you've decided there's no God after the fact then what's the point of calling yourself a religious denomination?

I've been raised a Catholic, go to a Catholic school but I don't believe that there's a God. That's pretty much what I mean.

kingaviles

Reaction score
Who fucking knows if there is a "GOD". I used to pray to God. Even with my previous praying recently i've gone through some hard times and praying hasn't helped one bit. I guess I believe that something created us but if there is a God why would he/she/it let children have cancer, women be raped, wars go on, allow people to suffer who live in poor countries, etc, etc...?

God created us. But God doesn't control us. Why would he let Jesus go through all the suffering that he did? If he controlled us, you wouldn't even be questioning him right now. Just as there is God, there is Satan. You can't blame God for everything that's wrong in the world, you can only blame the people who do the things they do to make it wrong. You can't blame God for cancer. God created the earth, and gave us the power to make our own lives. What we choose to do with it is OUR choice, good or bad.

-----

However, I am a Christian as well. I'm not a hardcore Christian, I don't go to chuch every Sunday, but I am a believer. As the Quintastic One said, God is my crutch. I lean on Him when times are rough, and although I don't thank Him enough for what He does for me, I am thankful. I wear a gold cross on my necklace, not because it's stylish, but because it symbolizes my faith. I'm not afraid to admit it, I'm not embarrassed to talk about it, I went to a Christian school for two years (6th and 7th grade) when I was younger and I was saved. I have no reason to be skeptical about God's existance. Others may, but my opinion is my opinion. I find it hard to believe that people came from monkeys, and if that is true, then who created the monkeys?

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
I was born Catholic. I discovered Illuminati, and that led me to not believe in Christmas, or Easter, or any other Peagan/Catholic holidays. So I eventually discovered the Jehovah Witness beliefs, and practiced that since I was ten.

Honestly, I don't see why anyone would believe in Science over God, being that its the same exact thing factwise. Both cant explain one moment in the creation of life, and thats singularity. That one moment, has theories but also has stories from the bible.

A lot of people overlook the fact that in the bible, there are points like when they said that the Earth wasn't flat, but instead round. Mean while, the people of Jereusalem and other cities believed that the world was flat, and had an end. How would the man that preached it was round wouldv'e known if not for God as he said in the bible. Also, the stories of Jesus, if you don't know them, can also be enough for someone to believe. Jesus, the son of God, the Messiah, returns from the dead. Intense stuff tbf.

Now, I personally, don't believe in a religion, but do have plenty of faith in a god. At the end of the day, religon, and science, are both created by man. And believing in god, is all about faith. Science, and religion just contribute, and try to convince you to believe one way, or another.

I have faith, now whether you guys do or not is entirely up to you, but I think faith in a god is much better than faith in a theory. Even though god is kind of a theory too lol.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I don't have the time right now but I'll be back around tomorrow to mock your beliefs and if I feel like it I'll also logically explain why the last two posters before me are deluded.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I'm sorry I can't resist on one thing, nor can I let anyone else get in on this before me.

The Illuminati? Are you fucking high? You are aware the the Illuminati are a fairy tale right?

Are you sure you don't still believe in Santa Claus too?

[YT]TPMS6tGOACo[/YT]

Kizza

I first heard of the Illuminati in Angels & Demons. It sounded so lulz.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
There was once an Illuminati, not anymore though. And it's no great secret either.