What's The Real Deal With God?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

kingaviles

Reaction score
^^^haha basically. It's a debate, though. Tough to back away from.

and Kizza, your grandma must be the most awesome person in the world. And don't say she's not, because then you're dissing your own grandma, bro. lol

kingaviles

Reaction score
You just got some rep for dissing your grandma. Shouldn't you be at school, though? Heh, nevermind. I know when I was back in high school, I wouldn't be going on a day like today either. Way too cold outside. Way too warm in bed.

Kizza

I'm not sure about you, but 5 to 11 at night isn't usually the best time to be at school. Summer holidays too.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
It makes me rofl everytime whenever someone uses the age insult to say someone should be in school or bed, and it's always to an Aussie who's like "I dunno, 3PM in the afternoon is awefully early for my bedtime". lol.

I guess my big question to Monkeystyle if I'm ever going to understand the atheists position, is what exactly am I missing by being religious? Do atheists claim to be able to be on a higher plane of intellectual thought because they don't have a religion? Are they more respected, better chance at being rich, greater influence over their peers, more opportunities to find true love?

I just don't see the benefits of me refuting my belief in God. The only change in my life I would experience is a horrible emptiness in my heart that would no longer be filled. An emptiness that says that I may never be loved again. What is atheism going to do for me that will make life worth living after God?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
My parents created me. "Evolution" created humans from primates. Who created the primates? Were they just placed here? Your 'answer' lacks explanation.

As I said, I don't know and neither do you. At least I admit I don't know. You on the other hand make assumptions that you cannot possibly prove and have zero basis in logic.

Yes, I'm willing to admit he's my crutch. Yes, I'm willing to admit I'm still wounded, and I still need healing. Not physically, but spiritually. I am not perfect, nor will I ever be. God will always be my crutch, to pick me up when I'm down and get my feet on the ground. As for 'needing to realize there is more than likely no God', why? Why do I need to realize that there MAY or MAY NOT BE something? I have faith in my God. I'm sorry you don't feel the same.

Because you don't need any of this. You can do it yourself. Just a simple belief in God is relatively harmless but when you start to rely on your invisible friend, problems occur. My biggest problem with believing in God though is it is typically associated with organized religion which tells humans how to live, which nobody has the right to do. Many organized religions are prejudiced and force people do deny their basic human nature. That in my estimation is just not cool

Why are you asking me the question if you just answered it? However, that's not the correct answer. The answer is when I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart as my Lord and Savior.

And what divine manifestations have you experienced that cannot be explained by anything but God?

It is your opinion whether or not my opinion is stupid. I might think your opinion is just as stupid as you think mine is.

Yeah, bit I don't claim to know anything that I cannot possibly know.

The Bible is also there, too. I do not claim knowledge of that which I do not know. I just have faith in my religion, and that's how I am. I don't feel the need to question why or why not there is an orange tree in the backyard of my house, or why the sky is blue, either. Do you?

No I don't because none of it matters. I just live my life. There probably is no God, I don't know for sure. But all of my experiences points to no. And faith is silly. Faith lacks logic.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I guess my big question to Monkeystyle if I'm ever going to understand the atheists position, is what exactly am I missing by being religious? Do atheists claim to be able to be on a higher plane of intellectual thought because they don't have a religion? Are they more respected, better chance at being rich, greater influence over their peers, more opportunities to find true love?

Not at all. But when I do these things I get to take all the credit for my actions. God didn't do anything, just me. When you say that God helped you you're just short changing yourself.

I guess the only thing that I have over the religious is a greater sense of self fulfillment when I accomplish something because I know it was me and me alone. And when I fail I know again that it was just me and I need to get back up and figure out where I went wrong and fix it. Because it isn't all part of some divine plan.

I just don't see the benefits of me refuting my belief in God. The only change in my life I would experience is a horrible emptiness in my heart that would no longer be filled. An emptiness that says that I may never be loved again. What is atheism going to do for me that will make life worth living after God?

Oh shit. I don't even know how to answer this part without getting all personal with you and large part of me thinks that this is something to be discussed away from immature voices. The least I could say is that you should love yourself and that should be enough.

Great One

Who says you have to be an atheist. Try agnostic; stop caring.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Pretty much the same thing tbh. Atheists claim to be certain that there is no God, but fact of the matter is they just don't know. Evidence does point to different varieties of the no answer but to say that one knows for certain is just as arrogant as any religionist.

Beer

The actual, factual answer is; no one knows weather God exists. No living person will ever know. And it will stay that way for ever. Therefore, arguing about it rendered it completely and utterly pointless.

Great One

Yeah. Was assuming that was meant in this argument when you implied atheist and that's what I tend to assume since I use the aforementioned term for the alternate meaning.