UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Reaction score
Cain Velasquez is going to fuck JDS up when they fight again, count on it.

I am. I'm not a JDS mark. I want him to lose and Cain would've beaten Mir too.

FUCK.

Mir is a moron for standing with Dos Santos.

Seriously, is he shittin me? He didn't even attempt to shoot more than twice.

At least JDS didn't try to make the Noguiera win seem like a fluke.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Junior Dos Santos made that fight look way too easy. Dominant striking performance by the champ.

Told you all. Rnd 2 TKO.

Ryan

Reaction score
Junior Dos Santos made that fight look way too easy. Dominant striking performance by the champ.

Told you all. Rnd 2 TKO.

He DID make it look easy.

Brazilians in the audience getting buck wild.

That interview made him sound so modest... I still want him to lose to Cain.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Based on how everything went down Cain is likely next for a title shot and when it happens he's going to mess JDS up.

If it were upto me though :roy: would get a title shot.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Here's tonight's full results including prelims.

Junior Dos Santos def. Frank Mir via TKO (punches) - Round 2, 3:04 - to retain UFC heavyweight title.
Cain Velasquez def. Antonio Silva via TKO (punches) - Round 1, 3:36
Roy Nelson def. Dave Herman via knockout (punch) - 0:51
Stipe Miocic def. Shane Del Rosario via TKO (elbows) - Round 2, 3:14
Stefan Struve def. Lavar Johnson via submission (armbar) - Round 1, 1:05
Darren Elkins def. Diego Brandao via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Jamie Varner def. Edson Barboza via TKO (punches) - Round 1, 3:23
C.B. Dollaway def. Jason "Mayhem" Miller via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-26, 29-28)
Dan Hardy def. Duane "Bang" Ludwig via knockout (strikes) - Round 1, 3:51
Paul Sass def. Jacob Volkmann via submission (triangle choke/armbar) - Round 1, 1:54
Glover Teixeira def. Kyle Kingsbury via submission (arm-triangle choke) - Round 1, 1:53
Mike Brown def. Daniel Pineda via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

This may have been one of my favorite PPVS in a while now. The prelims were full of excellent fights, and even though the main card was short that was expected anyways so it didn't really matter because it delivered.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
There was no fight of the night, they did 2 KO's of the night and 2 Subs of the night.

Nelson/Hardy won KO of the night

Sass/Struve won Sub of the night.

UFC 146 event drew an announced attendance of 14,592 and a live gate of $3.4 million.

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
He came to see the heavyweights collide but will Brock Lesnar return to the Octagon? I Dunno, but I’ll let you know if he does says Dana. Basically Dana White hinted at a Brock Lesnar UFC return.

Could Brock be to UFC/WWE what King Mo is to Bellator/TNA?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
He came to see the heavyweights collide but will Brock Lesnar return to the Octagon? I Dunno, but I’ll let you know if he does says Dana. Basically Dana White hinted at a Brock Lesnar UFC return.

Could Brock be to UFC/WWE what King Mo is to Bellator/TNA?

very very very highly doubt that. He is just a fan lookin to watch some action.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Just about to post about that, he dropped some pretty big hints on it. Be interesting to see where this goes.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I mean I don't think it'll happen anytime soon, especially because i don't think WWE would do something like TNA where he could do both wrestling and MMA. But it is intriguing that Dana is talking about the possibility of him returning. IT's not like Brock has a 5 year contract with WWE, it's only for a limited amount of dates anyways.

But yeah, Dana also said at the press conference that Cain vs JDS II is going to happen this year, possibly in Brazil.

Last edited:

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Awesome PPV!! This is my favorite one since Jones Machida headlined. I went 3-2 with my predictions. Struve pick made me smile as I was the only one to call it. Johnson is sloppy as hell, don't like him at all. My boy Miocic keeps on rolling with another win! Del Rosario was a threat though with those kicks but Miocic is absolutely relentless. A Croatian rising up in the ranks of UFC puts a smile on my face. Big County is back which made everyone probably mark out. I got pretty excited for him even though I'm not really a fan. It was pretty awesome though and hopefully he has one more fight in him just for laughs. Cain is back with a vengeance which was pretty shocking. I had him winning in an absolute war but when he gets on top of you, its over. He's too big and powerful for people when he gets full position. I'm pretty disappointed in Silva getting destroyed like that. I really thought he would have put on a show for his debut. The main event was everything I expected and actually nailed with my 2nd round prediction. I love Mir but when he was going straight up with JDS he was done. The one attempt for take down was pretty good but JDS simply too powerful. He's an awesome champion and really impressive through out the fight. You have to respect it, no way you can hate that guy.

I heard all the Lesnar buzz and its pretty odd. For a guy who hates people apparently, Brock sure loves people talking about him. I really don't want to see him back although a fight against Mir would be really awesome. They could settle the score which could be cool but Lesnar can't have much left. Anyway awesome card with MVP of the night going to Velasquez for showing that he's still a big deal after people were forgetting about him. Other news has Mayhem being officially cut which isn't a surprise. What a shame, always liked him but his stamina is pathetic.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Here's the photo UFC's Twitter posted:

At35x9FCQAETPd-.jpg:large

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Stefan Struve, Dan Hardy, Roy Nelson and Paul Sass each earned $70,000 bonuses for their performances at tonight's UFC 146 event.

Hardy and Nelson earned "Knockout of the Night" bonuses, and Struve and Sass picked up "Submission of the Night" awards. No "Fight of the Night" honors were awarded.

UFC officials announced the winners following the event.

UFC 146 took place at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The event's main card aired on pay-per-view, and the prelims aired on FX and streamed on Facebook.

Nelson needed a mere 51 seconds to floor heavyweight Dave Herman with an overhand right in a main-card bout. Hardy, meanwhile, snapped a four-fight losing streak when he earned a first-round knockout of welterweight Duane "Bang" Ludwig in an FX-televised preliminary-card bout.

Struve, meanwhile, tapped fellow heavyweight Lavar Johnson with a 65-second armbar in the night's first PPV bout. Sass competed in a Facebook-streamed prelim and picked up his ninth career victory via triangle choke when he tapped out lightweight Jacob Volkmann.

[video=youtube;-Gp2mx7bLlk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-Gp2mx7bLlk[/video]​

Dana sure does seem to be hiding something and especially with their meeting they have had after the press conference. I know this is a far stretch considering WWE loves to basically own all of their wrestlers but maybe Brock saw what was going on with King Mo with the whole TNA/Bellator thing and he's trying to get the same type of deal going on with WWE and UFC. Again its a long stretch and doubtful because UFC isn't much different than WWE in the whole "we own you" aspect. But maybe Brock didn't sign a contract like that as they only have him for limited dates and one of the reasons he hated his original contract years ago.

Brock probably came back and thought what the fuck has happened with the WWE and wants to do something with the UFC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.