UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
ufc-146-poster.jpg

Main Card
*Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem
Dan Hardy vs. Duane Ludwig
Edson Barboza vs. Evan Dunham
C.B. Dollaway vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller

Prelim Card

Shane Del Rosario vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Kyle Kingsbury vs. Glover Teixeira
Paul Sass vs. Jacob Volkmann

Diego Brandao vs. Darren Elkins

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
They just confirmed Dos Santos/Overeem for this card yesterday so thought I'd get the thread up for this show, I'll update the thread as fights get added and removed.

UFC 146 takes place on May 26th, 2012. Will be taking place in Las Vegas, Nevada. Obviously the main fight on here is Junior/Alistar. It's an alright card i guess, i think it needs a bigger co-main event though.

Either way the majority of people are just going to tune in to watch Dos Santos knock Overeem out :piper:

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
This is a pretty good card man, even if theres quite a few losers like Hardy and Mayhem on there.

Come to think of it, why the hell didnt they put Hardy against Mayhem in a 'loser leaves' kind of deal.

I like the poster too btw.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I like the card, just not Dan Hardy :lol:

Glad to see Diego Brandao fighting, he was awesome on the Ultimate Fighter and glad he ended up winning it all.

Like i said I'm picking Dos Santos to KO Overeem, I'd love to see another spinning back kick from Barboza and hopefully Hardy gets sent packing from the UFC. And i actually think Mayhem will win his fight as well.

Still think they'll add one more big fight for the main card, if the can I'm sure they'll put flyweight tournament rematch between Ian McCal and Demetrious Johnson on here

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Like i said I'm picking Dos Santos to KO Overeem

Its def an interesting fight, seems like most peeps are split either way.

Im taking Overeem b/c hes much more well rounded and battle-tested than JDS, but Reem has been KO'd before....

Deuce

Reaction score
Main Card
*Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem = Overeem
Dan Hardy vs. Duane Ludwig = Hardy
Edson Barboza vs. Evan Dunham = Barboza
C.B. Dollaway vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller = Miller

Prelim Card
Shane Del Rosario vs. Gabriel Gonzaga = Gonzaga
Kyle Kingsbury vs. Glover Teixeira = Kingsbury
Paul Sass vs. Jacob Volkmann = Sass
Diego Brandao vs. Darren Elkins = Brandao

Those are my predictions.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Oh shit, Frank Mir-Cain Velasquez got added to this card as well what a fucking card this is now. The winner is getting whomever leaves the night as UFC Heavyweight champion.

Dos Santos vs. Frank Mir, gonna happen :mark:

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Oh fuck, another huge fight added that i didn't see when reading about Cain-Mir. Big foot Silva vs. Roy BIG COUNTRY Nelson. This is going to be an amazing show.

Talk about an emphasis on the heavyweight division. This is going to be a crazy fucking card, 6 of the best heavyweights in the UFC all fighting on the same card? Feel a lot better about this card now.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Never seen Big Foot fight but always see his name cropping up everywhere so i'll be interested to see him fight. Wouldn't really matter if he was a no mark though as he's fighting BIG ROY :roy:

The other two heavyweights should be cracking bouts aswell. I'm not really pulling for any guy to win really as I don't really have any affinity to them, but I do hope Cain loses.

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
This card is going to be epic.

Cain vs. Mir is going to be awesome. I'm picking Mir to win. Something just says that Mir is going to be able to take it from Cain. Not sure why.
Big Country will outduel Bigfoot. Bigfoot is good but he can be KO'd. Big Country is made out of granite... he can't be stopped :p
Dan hardy needs to lose so he can be cut. FINALLY!
Mayhem... hopefully he shows up in much better shape than the Bisping fight and win.

The main event... I'm divided. Cigano has the faster hands and awesome boxing. Overeem has K1 kickboxing and good subs. He's just all around good. But... I dunno. I'm giving the edge to Cigano.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was happy when the mainevent was the only match announced for this card, now reading that two other big heavyweight matches have been announced I am very happy with this card. Stacked card and I can't wait to see these two face off. I actually don't mind who wins the fight since I like both of the fighters but I am leaning towards Overeem winning but not basing it on much. When this PPV is over it is going to clear up a lot of things with the heavyweight division and tell us what the future fights could look like.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'm predicting the future right now, Frank Mir vs. Junior Dos Santos for the heavyweight championship coming this fall. :Clap:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Jesus, weve got a heavyweight-fest on our hands here, great card.

Big Country is in a similar position to Fedor when he fought Bigfoot, he has the same build, heavy hands and out of shape but still the size difference will be too much I think. Doesnt mean Bigfoot is better than Roy, just means he was given extraordinary advantages.

Hopefully Mir beats Cain, hes really improving as a fighter and although his striking looks crappy and he got blitzed by Carwin I think he'll pull it off.

Its weird seeing a title fight and a #1 contender fight from the same division on the same card, very rarely happens.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Big Country isn't really out of shape... just "bigger" than most guys. The guy has real good cardio and can last. Plus he can take so much punishment its insane. I would put Big Country ahead of Fedor when Fedor fought Bigfoot. Fedor is about sambo whereas Big Country has slightly better striking, is a grappling champion, and has world class bjj. Big Country is going to be a much better "small guy vs. big guy" fight for Bigfoot then Fedor was.

I'm thinking Big Country can edge out Bigfoot.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Found this picture of Roy BIG COUNTRY Nelson, a little photo shopped but still funny as hell.

425760_400664606614554_652895339_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.