UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Thank Michael Bisping for creating the new Jason "Mayhem" Miller.

Four months after a loss to the outspoken Brit put his UFC career on the rocks, Miller said he's a meaner guy after Bisping "killed" the old him.

And that meaner guy doesn't think much of his next opponent.

Miller (24-8 MMA, 0-2 UFC) is scheduled to fight fellow middleweight C.B. Dollaway (11-4 MMA, 5-4 UFC) at UFC 146, which takes place May 26 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The bought serves as part of the pay-per-view event's preliminary card, which airs live on FX.

The former host of MTV's "Bully Beatdown" on Monday told MMAjunkie.com Radio (MMAjunkie.com Radio | MMAjunkie.com) that he's taking this week off to clear his head of MMA and avoid burnout, which perhaps he didn't do in the past.

When Miller returns to the gym, he said he's going to be fresher and more motivated to put in the work needed to perform well.

"What I'm going to do is get back in that room so hungry for the next eight weeks, so vicious with my training, that I'm just going to run through C.B. Dollaway," he said. "It's going to be what it's supposed to be: a joke fight. This guy shouldn't be in there with me."

Miller's legions of Twitter followers likely saved him from a pink slip following the Bisping fight, which came in December at the end of their run as opposing coaches on "The Ultimate Fighter 14." Miller visibly tired early in the fight, and Bisping put away him away with punches and knees by the third round. Afterward, he apologized for his performance.

UFC president Dana White nonetheless was critical of the performance and cast doubt on Miller's UFC future, but he later said that social-media backlash prompted him to reconsider firing the colorful fighter.

Still, the upcoming fight could be Miller's last chance to stay in the UFC. A previous stint in the industry-leading promotion ended quickly with a lopsided loss to now-champ Georges St-Pierre at UFC 52.

Miller isn't usually the one to talk trash prior to a fight. But he's "so damn fired up" by Bisping that he's a little edgier toward his opponent than usual.

"It killed nice guy 'Mayhem,'" he said. "You guys are going to have to deal with the new 'Mayhem.'"

Dollaway could be on edge, too. "The Ultimate Fighter 7" runner-up has been stopped by strikes in his past two outings and is likely to be cut with a third consecutive loss.

Miller was recently profiled in a web series helmed by "Super Size Me" director Morgan Spurlock. The "Day in the Life" episode profiles his training camp leading to the Bisping fight and gives an intimate look at the life of a professional fighter. "Mayhem," who's been a pro since 2001, said he was glad to share what he called the "hardest camp ever" with fans of the sport and hopes it will give them a better understanding of what his job is really like.

As you might expect, keeping passion for the job is a constant battle.

"If you look at what I'm doing today at this ripe old age, I've been doing the same thing since I was like 10 years old," Miller said. "Basically, I do the same thing. I beat kids up on the playground, (and) I make jokes for everyone to laugh at. I can't remember not fighting. I can't remember not being a [expletive] ham. It's pretty amazing."

However, Miller touted new skills he's been able to develop during his time off after the Bisping fight. When he gets back to the gym, he said he'll work them into a groove so fans can see them in the cage.

The fire to beat Dollaway is already there.

"I don't think he's a tough guy," Miller said. "He's not tough. I'm [expletive] tough. He's not tough."

Miller has to sell himself and that's understandable and i get it especially after his last fight with Bisping, can't really believe him though until he shows that there's a "New" Mayhem Miller. He can talk all he wants, but if what happened to him in the Bisping happens in this fight as well, and he looks like complete shit i think he'll be cut.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
This must be the GOAT prelims show, Barboza/Dunham is class, and we get to see Hardy get knocked out of the UFC.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
This must be the GOAT prelims show, Barboza/Dunham is class, and we get to see Hardy get knocked out of the UFC.

I might skip a few prelims, as i assume most of the main card is going to go by fairly quickly so they'll show the already taped prelims during the actual PPV likely to kill time.

Definitely the most stacked prelim card they've had in a long time, going to bring in some nice ratings.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Roy Nelson Tweeted this

I was reading that Cain turn BIG FOOT down because he was having surgery but ends up fighting on the same card, makes you wonder??

:roy:

Last edited:

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
I have to go with BIG COUNTRY in this fight with BIGFOOT Silva, Roy really need a good win to get back on track and i think it starts here.

Fuck Big Country. He earned some respect for his last fight by not going down, but I dont like how he ended up on the ultimate fighter. He could have made it in on his own. That spot should have gone to someone else.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
^I don't think he had a choice about going through TUF, Dana would have known that he wanted to sign but WWE wanted to see if he was the real deal first by running him through the system.

With regards to Miller I hope for his sake that he puts in a better performance otherwise he is out of here. He is an entertaining guy on Bully Beatdown but he needs to get in shape for this fight.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFC On FX 3: Johnson vs. McCall II

UFCFX3-poster-t2.png

Demetrious Johnson vs. Ian McCall
Scott Jorgensen vs. Eddie Wineland
Dustin Pague vs. Jared Papazian
Mike Pyle vs. Josh Neer
Mike Pierce vs. Carlos Rocha

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
This event will take place on June 8, 2012, Likely to be in Las Vegas. It's going to be headlined by Demetrious Johnson vs. Ian McCall which is part of the flyweight tournament that started at UFC On FX 2 but the judges botched the decision so they get to fight again and the winner goes on to challenge for the Flyweight championship likely at UFC 149 or 150. As of right now this is the main card for the show, but changes should be expected and in the next few days/weeks the prelim card will start coming together as well.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
"There is a little less attention on me, so I can focus a little better," Hardy (23-10 MMA, 4-4 UFC) told MMAjunkie.com Radio (MMAjunkie.com Radio | MMAjunkie.com) of his fight with Duane "Bang" Ludwig (21-12 MMA, 4-3 UFC). "It was kind of a real quick rise up to the main card, but I'm the warm-up act on this one."

The welterweights meet May 26 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The night's pay-per-view main card is comprised solely of heavyweights.

For Hardy, a wave of attention that accompanied his fight with Georges St-Pierre at UFC 111 soon overwhelmed the British veteran. After a lopsided loss to the dominant welterweight champion two years ago, Hardy remained as popular as ever and continued to fight in high-profile bouts. But his performances didn't keep pace with his popularity, and three subsequent losses put his UFC career in danger.

Now, he's a little more selective about when he picks up the phone, and interviews no longer cut into training time.

"I've had to start saying no because I could do 10 interviews a day and still not interview with everybody, and it's always the same question," Hardy said. "It's, 'How are you feeling coming off four losses?'"

As you might imagine, Hardy isn't pleased. UFC executive Lorenzo Fertitta said Hardy wouldn't be cut from the promotion following his most recent loss – a submission defeat to Chris Lytle this past August – but that was hardly the type of concession he wanted.

Before his loss to St-Pierre, Hardy bested four consecutive UFC opponents and shot to the top of the welterweight world. Now he's trying to figure out a way back.

Just two just two months out from what could be his final chance to prove himself a commodity in the octagon, he's parted ways with UFC heavyweight Roy Nelson and is working with a band of new partners he calls the "Sin City Cartel." He might work with bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz's people one day, then light-heavyweight Alexander Gustafsson the next, and Vitor Belfort and Frank Mir the day after.

Hardy also has new coaches in boxing, jiu-jitsu and wrestling who keep track of his progress as he moves from place to place. So he's bouncing around – but with a support system of local and out-of-town fighters who want to change things up.

"With the cartels, they come together to agree on profits to try to keep the market where it is," Hardy said. "We're doing the same with the level of competition in the UFC. That's the plan. We're going to raise the competition so everybody has got to raise to what we're doing."

The world will be watching to see if Hardy can pull out of his funk. His warm-up act is televised as part of UFC 146's preliminary card, which airs live on FX in advance of the PPV main card.

Hardy said fans can expect to see strides in his admittedly weaker ground game along with improvements in his striking.

"Now, I've got a new team of guys around me that have really structured my whole camp," he said. "Robert Drysdale and Ricky Lundell are working on my grappling, which are two of the best guys in the world. I couldn't pick any two guys that would be better for me, so my grappling has definitely come along – definitely my takedown defense, as well. My striking, as well. I think people are going to see a lot of difference in that – a lot more dynamic, better footwork, better head movement.

"I'm planning on getting hit a lot less and getting taken down a lot less."

That certainly will come in handy against Ludwig, whose kickboxing resume is far longer and more decorated than his. Ludwig is also on the rebound after getting choked out in a recent fight with Josh Neer, so he's fighting the same downward pressure that's weighed on Hardy.

"It's going to be a good fight," Hardy said. "I'm looking forward to it. I've been a fan of his for a while. He's been in there with some of the best in the sport at 155 and 170. He's fought at a good level in kickboxing and muay Thai, as well as fought Ramon Dekkers, who is my all-time favorite muay Thai fighter, and that was a great fight.

"I know he's a tough guy. I know he's conditioned, and he works hard. He's training at altitude, so I know he's going to come in in great shape, and he wants a win."

Hardy plans to deny him that, of course. He knows both of them favor the striking aspect of the sport, so he won't be as worried about getting dominated on the mat. But he will have to look out for the punch or elbow that threatens to knock him out.

That's the type of publicity he can scarcely afford. It's also the type of show he loves, main event or otherwise.

"I cannot wait," Hardy said. "It's going to be a good one. We get on well, and I always enjoy watching his fights. Now I'm going to get in there and get one myself. It's going to be a good one. It's going to be fireworks, definitely."

For more on UFC 146, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

I can definitely see Ludwig upsetting Hardy. Bang is a very good kick boxer.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Press Conference for UFC 146

[video=youtube;jJMahkRsrnk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJMahkRsrnk&feature=g-all-u&context=G2584aa3FAAAAAAAADAA[/video]

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I know it's not exactly topic related, but UFC really pisses me off with their uploads. 50 fucking minute video and 20 of it is bullshit. EDIT IT OUT YOU PIECE OF SHITS.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I know MMA fighters arent really pin-ups, but thats the ugliest poster I've ever seen :lol:

JDS failing with the Peoples Eyebrow btw.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah some of the fan made ones i posted on this thread are way better than the one the UFC released.

Status
Not open for further replies.