UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This PPV was off the charts awesome, one of my favourite PPV's in quite some time. To start with the prelims were really good other than Miller not doing anything and Hardy keeping his job :(

Struve winning easily by submission was awesome, I think I predicted a second round submission win for Struve so I was close. He was smart in this fight because he saw that Lavar wanted to trade punches and so he went to the cage, locked up and then pulled guard. Great example of a guy having a game plan and sticking to it. For a 7 feet tall guy his movement is amazing, how he managed to contort his body to lock in that submission I do not know. Can't wait to see he gets to face next.

Miocic vs. Del Rosario was a good battle and they traded some nice punches, good seeing Miocic getting another win in UFC. He has started his UFC career well.

Nelson KO :OMG: That was so awesome to watch, he lined it up perfectly and it was a fantastic hit. Mazzagatti is a terrible ref though, he was all the way at the other side of the cage and stopped it a bit later than he should have.

Cain was back to his brutal self against Bigfoot, who looks weirder each time I see him. Bigfoot isn't smart for trying to legkick a guy with exceptional wrestling skills. He should have standed and traded punches with him, once it went to the ground he was always going to lose.

Mir also didn't execute his gameplan. His best chance was to takedown Dos Santos but he only made one serious attempt, early in the first round, to take him down. Huge mistake trading with Dos Santos. Did anyone else find the finish a bit funny? Dos Santos knocks down Mir and hits him a few times before moving a way a bit like he was about to let Mir stand. Then for whatever reason before Mir can stand Dos Santos comes in from behind and slap punches Mir on the side of the head to finish the fight.

Dos Santos vs. Cain has to happen next. Be interesting to see what happens with the rest of the division after tonight, plus you can add Mark Hunt and Shane Carwin to the mix.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Just downloaded the rest of the show and skipped past the stuff i've already seen, entrances and everything and i'm glad I did because it sure didn't last long and wasn't worth staying up those extra few hours for.

Glad Mayhem lost and got released, guy is such a fucking tool. He was in the last chance saloon and he was still showboating as if he was hot shit so he got what he deserved. Supposedly something happened backstage aswell which didn't help his case in getting cut.

Not exactly a fan of Hardy but it was good to see him getting back on track. I loved how he landed the left though just as Joe brought it up in commentary. Guessing he will fight on the Fuel card when they come over here in September?

Dissapointed Diego lost, seems as though he blew his wad in the first round but couldn't get the finish.

:roy: :roy: :roy: is all

Ryan

Reaction score
Right now, Brock wouldn't even be competitive in the heavyweight division, so I don't know why he'd come back.

I didn't see Mayhem fight, but I've never seen him in a single fight where I've liked him. Glad he's done.

I only got to watch a couple fights. I can't believe Nelson was able to nail that overhand right so early on in the match. I think if he had been facing someone more skilled, that could've ended badly for him so he should definitely watch using that in the future. Overall though, I thought Nelson looked great. He usually weighs in right at 264-265, so he must've been doing some serious training.

I thought Mir would've been able to get the win but he didn't look at good as he has in the past. As I've said before he's hideously inconsistent with his training and it shows. I just don't think he takes it as seriously as he did when he won his first two titles. Not only did he not look like he trained hard enough, but he tried to stand and brawl it out with JDS. Was he insane for trying that? He only tried to shoot twice. If it had gone to the ground, I think Mir still could've won that fight but I gotta give JDS credit for absolutely dominating that fight.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'm curious to know what exactly happened backstage with Miller.

Regardless, I'm glad he's gone. And I'll say this again this was one of my favorite PPVs of all time. From the Facebook prelims all the way to the mainevent it was awesome, and the crowd was crazy as well.

And yeah Dale, Dana said last night that Hardy was definitely going to be on that card possibly in the main event as the U.K. show they're doing in September is in his hometown.

Last edited:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Cain is a fucking mad man. He definitely deserves a rematch against JDS after his fight last night. Surprised the doctor didn't stop the fight at first because it looked like Silva couldn't see out of his eyes with all the blood gushing from his forehead.

Surprised Mir made it out of the 1st round, I really didn't see him lasting as long as he did.

Also, impressive win by Struve. I don't like the guy, but he certainly looked impressive last night.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Cain looked really really really determined in that fight. It was like all business completely and Bigfoot did not stand a chance at all. It was almost like a miracle he lasted 3 minutes in there with him. So yeah pretty much anybody that stepped in there against Cain was gonna be demolished.

The Miller thing... I mean the fight itself wasn't bad. It was kinda funny. I mean he gave the guy a noogie for goodness sake. He was entertaining. I mean you have others that showboat as well so why couldn't he showboat? Yeah he lost... but he didn't get cut cause he lost cause he put up a good fight for 3 rounds but CB is BORING! Everytime he had him down he laid there and would just pepper him like a little girl. Or get him against the cage and just hold/hug him... like a little girl. It was whatever happened backstage that resulted in Miller being cut. Had to be pretty bad. Probably a scuffle.

Mir... needed to get the fight to the ground to stand a chance. He tried real hard initially and almost but just couldn't. But standing with JDS... that wasn't gonna work. Mir isn't anywhere near good enough to stand with JDS.

But the card itself... sweeeeeet. Sucked that Hardy won... I was ready for him to lose and get cut :p

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Re: UFC On FX 3: Johnson vs. McCall II

UFC%20on%20FX%20Johnson%20vs.%20McCall%20Poster.jpeg

Main Card

Flyweight bout: Demetrious Johnson vs. Ian McCall
Welterweight bout: Erick Silva vs. Charlie Brenneman
Welterweight bout: Mike Pyle vs. Josh Neer
Featherweight bout: Leonard Garcia vs. Matt Grice
Welterweight bout: Mike Pierce vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha

Preliminary Card
Featherweight Bout: Leonard Garcia vs. Matt Grice
Welterweight Bout: Seth Baczynski vs. Lance Benoist
Bantamweight Bout: Dustin Pague vs. Jared Papazian
Bantamweight Bout: Eddie Wineland vs. Scott Jorgensen
Lightweight Bout: Tim Means vs. Justin Salas
Light Heavyweight Bout: Buddy Roberts vs. Caio Magalhaes
Lightweight Bout: Henry Martinez vs. Bernardo Magalhaes
Welterweight Bout: Jake Hecht vs. Sean Pierson

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The Miller thing... I mean the fight itself wasn't bad. It was kinda funny. I mean he gave the guy a noogie for goodness sake. He was entertaining. I mean you have others that showboat as well so why couldn't he showboat? Yeah he lost... but he didn't get cut cause he lost cause he put up a good fight for 3 rounds but CB is BORING! Everytime he had him down he laid there and would just pepper him like a little girl. Or get him against the cage and just hold/hug him... like a little girl. It was whatever happened backstage that resulted in Miller being cut. Had to be pretty bad. Probably a scuffle.
Because guys like Jones, Anderson etc are awesome, have the talent to back it up and are safe in their positions in the UFC. It was common knowledge that if Mayhem lost this fight he was getting cut, so instead of fucking around like a goofball he should have had his serious face on from the start. Dana has already said that what happened backstage didn't lead to him releasing him, but it certainly didn't help his case in wanting to be kept around.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
So i guess this is what happened when Miller got backstage after his fight.

The staff member then tried to pat him on the back in order to encourage him to move. It’s rumored Mayhem Miller quickly got up, yelled at the staff member and then kicked over a table. A few UFC employees questioned why he did it, and apparently he got in a verbal altercation with them. At the post-fight screening, Mayhem starting yelling at CB Dollaway regarding the decision and threw an object at him. Dollaway continued to sit down and get checked out by the doctor. Mayhem then went into the locker room, gathered his belongings and left the MGM Grand Garden Arena. The UFC couldn’t even contact him for his post-fight quote. Nothing physical happened, just mayhem. It’s also apparent that Mayhem Miller was on his way out of the UFC if he lost at UFC 146, this incident didn’t cause him being cut from the promotion. We also talked with CB Dollaway after the fight, and he still seemed pretty heated after the backstage verbal exchange.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Case in point. What a douche.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Mayhem is an absolute lunatic. He's supposed to be on MMA hour today I think so hopefully he tells his side of the story.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Late to the party.

In brief, awesome card, but Mir fucking disappointed me so much with his bum chin. WHY BOX JDS YOU DUMBASS.

Horrible ref in the Cain/Bigfoot fight, was he waiting for Silva to die or what?

Dan Hardy looked decent, as did Varner ko-ing Barboza.

I'll never give Struve any credit for anything so fuck him.

:lol: Mayhem what a bum. CB Dollaway should be cut too.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Mayhem should've showed that kind of fire agaisnt CB and not the table

Allegedly.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The full UFC 146 payouts;

Junior Dos Santos: $200,000 (no win bonus)def. Frank Mir: $200,000

Cain Velasquez: $200,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus)
def. Antonio Silva: $70,000

Roy Nelson: $40,000 (includes $20,00 win bonus)
def. Dave Herman: $21,000

Stipe Miocic: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Shane Del Rosario: $20,000

Stefan Struve: $58,000 (includes $29,000 win bonus)
def. Lavar Johnson: $26,000

Darren Elkins: $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus)
def. Diego Brandao: $15,000

Jamie Varner: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Edson Barboza: $18,000

C.B. Dollaway: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
def. Jason "Mayhem" Miller: $45,000

Dan Hardy: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus)
def. Duane "Bang" Ludwig: $18,000

Paul Sass: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Jacob Volkmann: $20,000

Glover Teixeira: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus)
def. Kyle Kingsbury: $12,000

Mike Brown: $52,000 (includes $26,000 win bonus)
def. Daniel Pineda: $10,000

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm gonna say it again, but these payscales need to be restructured.

Mayhem is worth 45k, yet Nelson is only worth 20k?

Status
Not open for further replies.