UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
A lot of it has to do with Sponsors also, which Roy doesn't have a lot of. Regardless of that though there's no way Miller should be taking home that kind of money.

Another thing i just read about which i had no idea about is that Roy is still on his Ultimate Fighter Champion contract, it's at the very end of it and he'll be signing a new contract soon but that has something to do with it also i guess.

Last edited:

Ryan

Reaction score
You know what though, I think Nelson is really starting to, dare I say in a UFC thread, get over with the fans. I mean, compared to when he first stepped on the scene, I think pretty much everyone in the arena on Saturday went crazy when Roy Nelson came out, plus he always puts on a decent show. I understand he doesn't have sponsors but I think UFC should pay him a bit more. I think part of a his problem though is that he lost his 3 really big fights. He lost to Mir, he lost to JDS and he lost to Werdum and although I give him credit for taking an ass beating at least in that Werdum fight and sticking it out, he needs to win against a really big name opponent. He did beat Cro Cop, but Cro Cop was not in his prime at the time of that fight, so I really don't consider that a huge win.

Anyway, Mayhem's backstage antics were totally classless. You don't do that when you're a professional if you ever hope to work anywhere else.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Mayhem was saying on the MMA Hour that none of that backstage stuff happened and all it was him getting cussed at for wearing his mask during his entrance.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Who would care about a mask when it wasn't even televised?

Plus I've seen plenty of japanese fighters wear masks to the Octagon.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Here's the Medical Suspensions from UFC 146;

Cain Velasquez: Needs X-ray of left hand. If broken, he is suspended until November 20 unless cleared by doctor. Suspended at minimum until June 26 with no contact until June 17

Antonio Silva: Needs X-ray of nose. If broken, he is suspended until November 20 unless cleared by an ear, nose and throat doctor. Suspended at minimum until July 23 with no contact until July 11 for lacerations

Jamie Varner: Needs X-ray of right hand. If broken, he is suspended until November 20 unless cleared by doctor. Suspended at minimum until June 26 with no contact until June 17

Jason Miller: Needs clearance of right thumb and left knee by orthopedist or sports doctor or suspended until November 20. Suspended at minimum until July 11 with no contact until June 26 for tough fight

C.B. Dollaway: Needs X-ray of left thumb. If broken, he is suspended until November 20 unless cleared by doctor. Suspended at minimum until June 26 with no contact until June 17

Jacob Volkmann: Needs clearance of left elbow clearance of right thumb and left knee by orthopedist or suspended until November 20

Frank Mir: Suspended until July 23 with no contact until July 11 for TKO loss

Dave Herman: Suspended until July 23 with no contact until July 11 for TKO loss

Shane Del Rosario: Suspended until July 23 with no contact until July 11 for TKO loss

Duane Ludwig: Suspended until July 23 with no contact until July 11 for TKO loss

Lavar Johnson: Needs evaluation of left elbow by orthopedist. Suspended at minimum until July 11 with no contact until June 26

Edson Barboza: Suspended until July 11 with no contact until June 26 for TKO loss

Stipe Miocic: Suspended until June 26 with no contact until June 17

Darren Elkins: Suspended until June 26 with no contact until June 17 for left ear hematoma

Diego Brandao: Suspended until June 26 with no contact until June 17 for tough fight

Mike Brown: Suspended until June 26 with no contact until June 17 for left forehead laceration

Daniel Pineda: Suspended until June 26 with no contact until June 17 for tough fight

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
It'll prol take till November for Bigfoot to even look like Bigfoot again.

Cain punched his face into mush, man.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The payouts for the fighters are so far out of whack. How so many can get paid so little when they only fight 3/4/5 times a year is ridiculous especially since they then have to pay their manager and trainer etc. When guys fight for UFC it should be a full time job and they shouldn't have to work second jobs to earn a living. I know that they will get some more money from PPV bonuses and from their own sponsors but still for guys to get so little when UFC made millions from ticket sales alone is wrong.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
So i was reading that after the Velasquez/Silva fight was over, it only took three stitches to close the cut on Silva..

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Here's the UFC 146 Prelim Ratings.

This past weekend's "UFC 146 Prelims" special on FX averaged 1.3 million viewers, MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) today confirmed with an industry source.

That's down from the 1.6 million viewers who tuned in for the "UFC 145 Prelims" special this past month.

The all-time UFC-FX ratings include:UFC 145 ratings (prelims): 1.6 million viewers
UFC 144 ratings (prelims): 1.5 million
UFC on FX 2 ratings (main card): 1.4 million
UFC 143 ratings (prelims): 1.4 million
UFC 146 ratings (prelims): 1.3 million
UFC on FX 1 ratings (main card): 1.3 million
UFC 142 ratings (prelims): 880,000

Down from last months UFC 145 prelims but, they're not going to complain about 1.3 Million people watching. Hopefully the buyrate for the actual PPV is out soon.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Was as good a prelim show as you are ever gonna see....Hardy/Ludwig, Varner/Barboza and Mayhem (the fight sucked, but hes a big name)...was pretty damn entertaining, better than a lot of main cards I've seen.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Re: UFC 149: Aldo vs. Koch

UFC149-poster-t2.png

Main Card

Featherweight Championship bout: José Aldo (c) vs. Erik Koch
Light Heavyweight bout: Maurício Rua vs. Thiago Silva
Heavyweight bout: Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cheick Kongo
Welterweight bout: Thiago Alves vs. Siyar Bahadurzada
Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Tim Boetsch

Preliminary Card
Middleweight bout: Court McGee vs. Nick Ring
Featherweight bout: George Roop vs. Antonio Carvalho
Bantamweight bout: Bryan Caraway vs. Mitch Gagnon
Lightweight bout: Mitch Clarke vs. Anton Kuivanen
Light Heavyweight bout: Ryan Jimmo vs. Anthony Perosh

Akiyama has been injured and removed from this card, here's the updated card now.​

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

Still a good fight for Alves, the guy KO'd Paulo Thiago badly last time out so should be a good stand up fight.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Still not crazy about this card, honestly. Have a feeling Aldo's fight isn't going to last very long, probably wins by KO in the first round.

Looking forward to Rua/Silva the most. I expect Rua to get the win as he desperately needs it after losing hysterically to Henderson.

Bisping's fight will likely win fight of the night awards. He and Boetch are going to rip each other's heads off.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score

Ugh, Thiago Silva injured and out of his fight with Shogun.

Thiago Alves injured and no word yet on how serious it is. This injury shit is beyond fucking annoying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.