The Return of Unpopular Wrestling Opinions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Re: Unpopular Wrestling Opinions Redux

So how can they improve?

My statement wasn't really meant to lead to questioning, it was simply me voicing a (probably) unpopular opinion. Through reading the majority of the results, it seems painfully obvious to me that the show has stagnated. I don't have to watch a Daniel Bryan/Kane anger management session to realize just how stupid it must be. At the same time, I no longer have the desire to watch the same combinations of people fight each other week in and week out. The only WWE show I watch with any regularity any more is NXT, and even that one is wearing thin on me.

I guess what I'm really saying here is that I no longer find WWE appealing and would simply prefer not to watch it at all. I can't believe that day has finally come, but in all honesty it hurts my brain far too much to sit through the inanity on display during Raw and/or SD. Making Raw three hours just exacerbated my issues with the company and has further served to turn me off. Thankfully football is starting soon, though I can think of several other shows on Monday's that are more entertaining than Raw and one of them is re-runs of Little House on the Prairie.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I agree somewhat. I don't hate WWE to the extreme you do but they have faults. Personally I thought the Daniel Bryan/Kane anger class was quite funny. Also CM Punk's heel turn is making raw watchable. However I'm not a fan of Dolph Ziggler being buried every week and having Sheamus vs Del Rio shoved down our throats for months. Also the WWE obviously doesn't plan on having the Miz winning any non title matches. The Big Show should just hang up the boots and Tensai is just a total epic fail. WWE has its faults but it's been pretty watchable as of late. I think you should give it another try and look at the positives.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

I agree somewhat. I don't hate WWE to the extreme you do but they have faults. Personally I thought the Daniel Bryan/Kane anger class was quite funny. Also CM Punk's heel turn is making raw watchable. However I'm not a fan of Dolph Ziggler being buried every week and having Sheamus vs Del Rio shoved down our throats for months. Also the WWE obviously doesn't plan on having the Miz winning any non title matches. The Big Show should just hang up the boots and Tensai is just a total epic fail. WWE has its faults but it's been pretty watchable as of late. I think you should give it another try and look at the positives.
Given that positive statement at the end, I'm going to DL last night's Raw and watch it later. I'll give it as fair a shake as possible and I'll report my thoughts back on it tomorrow in the Raw LD thread.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

To get back to unpopular opinions... I think Macho Man vs Ricky Steamboat at WM 3 is overrated. I just don't get what's so great. It started out fast paced but then it turned into a basic wrestling match. The ending was tainted also. Randy should have won after the elbow drop but the referee was knocked out. Then he climbed up top again but George Steele pushed him off. The ending was cool with Steamboat countering a body slam into a roll up. I just didn't see why this match has been so praised. I thought it was a 3 star match at best.

Reaction score

To get back to unpopular opinions... I think Macho Man vs Ricky Steamboat at WM 3 is overrated. I just don't get what's so great. It started out fast paced but then it turned into a basic wrestling match. The ending was tainted also. Randy should have won after the elbow drop but the referee was knocked out. Then he climbed up top again but George Steele pushed him off. The ending was cool with Steamboat countering a body slam into a roll up. I just didn't see why this match has been so praised. I thought it was a 3 star match at best.

What's wrong with the ending? It wasn't tainted at all.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

Wow, this thread has been dormant for far, far too long. I'll start us off with a new one....

WWE currently blows dicks and I can't sit through more than five minutes of their programming without wanting to vomit.
I agree with this statement.

Reaction score

Steele interfering isn't tainted?

No...

It's poetic justice. Savage's entire title reign was one filled with Savage cheating, using Elizabeth to distract wrestlers, using weapons and finding any way to retain the title other than doing it cleanly. Savage went to use the ring bell, the same ring bell he nearly ENDED STEAMBOAT'S career with, but George Steele (the man Savage screwed over more than ANYONE else in title matches), was there to stop Savage. FINALLY Savage's reign of terror was over with good triumphing over evil.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

But what about when Savage hit the elbow drop and the referee was KO'd

Reaction score

But what about when Savage hit the elbow drop and the referee was KO'd

Do you know how many times a Savage opponent had him beat for the belt, but the ref was down? For once, Savage was getting the same treatment that all of his opponents during his title reign received.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Do you know how many times a Savage opponent had him beat for the belt, but the ref was down? For once, Savage was getting the same treatment that all of his opponents during his title reign received.

he wouldn't know that Jim he has only watched matches that he sees on WWE DVD's

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

it's fine but don't try to come off as some wrestling historian when you have only watched what is on DVD...

but also youtube has just about any match you could want to watch

Reaction score

he wouldn't know that Jim he has only watched matches that he sees on WWE DVD's

That's okay. :)

WWE's Top 50 Superstars of All Time DVD - Savage screws Ricky Steamboat in an elimination match by reversing a small package so Steamboat is pinned. *Note* Savage had already been eliminated.

Macho Madness: The Ultimate Randy Savage Collection DVD - Savage successfully defends IC Title against Bruno Sammartino after using a chair on Bruno.

History of the Intercontinental Championship DVD - Savage wins IC Title after using a pair of brass knuckles on Tito Santana.

Macho Madness: The Ultimate Randy Savage Collection DVD - Savage defeats Ricky Steamboat after using a weapon.

Hulk Hogan: The Unreleased Archives DVD - Savage tried using the WWE World Title to hit Hogan to attempt to unfairly beat The Hulkster for the title.

Wrestlemania 2 Anthology DVD Set - Savage successfully defends IC Title against George Steele with his feet on the ropes.

Moral of the story, Savage is a mean mean man who wasn't very fair.

Reactions: 1 person

Sabretooth

Reaction score

But the face is never supposed to cheat to win