Official NRL thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

What I mean was that NZ players should not be allowed to play for either QLD or NSW even if its where they played club. SBW is an example.

Folau was born in New South Wales, so that's who he should play for. This whole 'your state is where you played footy first' crap is bs.

What I mean by Inglis being an abo is that he should play in the Australian Aboriginals squad. (unless he does coz I dont pay attention)

The basis of my post was that people should play for what country/state they were born in, not where they played their first footy or where they were raised. Stay true to heritag imo. Tonie Carroll is another example.

Also, any thoughts on the proposed 5 nations league tournament?

Moonlight Drive

NZ players really should be kept the fuck out of SOO, it's an Aussie thing and that's why it pwns.

I think i should be more up to the players than anything, some folks who have played were born in QLD/NSW, but grew up in the other state, so just because you were born their doesn't mean it's where your allegiance lays.

There's an Aussie Aboriginal team. :confused:

For country, it has to be the one you were born in. It's different since SOO is all Aussies no matter what. There should be no swapping whatsoever country wise.

The tournament could work, although I'm sure Australia will continue to kill every team it comes up against.

seX-Power

Ya, there is a team of aboriginals, but they didnt make it into the World Cup past the qualifying stages.

A better idea would be to keep the Tri Nations. Then on the side, hold a 5 way tournament between Papua, Tonga, Samoa, Fiji and the Aboriginal team. Call it the best of the rest or the crown of the pacific or some crap like that and I would watch it any day. Would be highly competitive imo.

Moonlight Drive

Well I think an Abo team is dumb, all it does is hold back the ones who should be playing for Australia.

That is a much better idea imo, but keep out the abo team and put in PNG. A Pacific Island cup or something would be much more entertaining than a Tri/Five Nations, as the 5 teams would be a lot closer and competetive.

I still want a team in Port Moresby dammit~!

seX-Power

Blumple

Anybody know what happenned with Greg Bird?

Is he being allowed to play next year?

I hope not, because he's an overrated scumbag.

Also, early predictions for 2009 premiers?

I say Manly/Melbourne again, but the Bulldogs could be the dark horse.

Parramatta hopefully don't dissapoint this time around.

Also, NRL > AFL. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Qwake

Yeah I have to agree with the Sea Eagles/Storm thing, they will probably be in the final again to make it best out of three lol. Not sure about Greg Bird, I really do hate him and he's not even good, him as well as pretty much everyone in the Sharks team is overrated so I hope he doesn't come back. I don't think the Bulldogs will improve to much, my darkhorse would have been the Warriors if they hadn't re-signed Stacy Jones because they were getting so many good new players but Jones will fuck the Warriors :smh Now the Darkhorse team would be the Raiders or Titans imo, if Titans stay away from injury they will do well. Eels just had a bad season, I am sure they will be better this season coming and DEFINITELY agreed with the last thing!

Moonlight Drive

Beat me to it X.

Next year, I don't think the Eels will be prepared. With all this boardroom bullshit flying about, I don't think the Eels will be firm contenders until maybe 2 or 3 years.

I think the Storm will once again make the Final. I'm not sure about just how many guys are leaving, but they've been Minor Premiers 3 years running and still have all their key players like Inglis, Cronk, Folau etc.

Qwake

Yeah, I would say that the Broncos would do well since they picked up Folau but the Broncos aren't looking to good. They are losing ALOT of their forwards and they also lost their coach so they will have to adjust to their new coach and get some new talent and they won't mix as well as they usually do...Storm may end up third imo, they have lost Folau and the other teams are starting to look up to their standard.

Moonlight Drive

Whoa, really? I'm pretty out of the loop.

I agree with Lennie about the Broncos though. Folau is a great pick-up but Wayne has coached them for a very long time and it will take a bit to adjust.

Moonlight Drive

Forcing me to bump this epic thread again. Shame on you Dipset, shame on you.

The season starts in only a few weeks, any early picks? Manly's definitely a chance, but I just don't see them getting back-to-back premierships.

seX-Power

Parramatta :ibbanana:

But I'm leaning towards Manly, Brisbane, Melbourne and a dark horse being the Bulldogs.

Could somebody update me on the big signings, I haven't been paying attention.

I thought of this thread too when Pat said how boring cricket was. Amen tbh.

Moonlight Drive

I don't know of too many big signings, although I believe Bird has been knocked back from a couple clubs. Parramatta may have a chance, but last year's season compared to 2007 was disappointing. I was hoping it was time for the Knights to finally get a Finals berth, but Buderus was the centre piece of the team and I think they'll have some trouble early-on without him.

Lol, I'm thinking about signing up for one of those online NRL fantasy leagues. Anyone keen?

Beer Money Army

i say Manly Vs dragons G/final this year....

my prediction

manly 46
dragons 44
Storm 40
roosters 34
bulldogs 32
broncos 32
sharks 32
raiders 32
knights 30
cowboys 30
Titans 30
warriors 30
eels 28
souths 26
wests tigers 24
panthers 18

manly v raiders
dragons vs sharks
storm vs broncos
roosters vs bulldogs

Storm Vs Roosters
Bulldogs vs Broncos

manly Vs Storm
dragons Vs Broncos

Manly vs Dragons 09 G/final 26-22 manly win

for some reason i feel rooster will finish high but end with poor form for finals like usual..

Qwake

Yeah Pat, I'll join a fantasy league thing lol. I did last year and came 200th out of about 1000 :(

Dipset, seX, you're you guys choosing the Bulldogs? Semi finals and dark horse to win? Did they make good signings or something cos last time I checked they sucked lol.

I think we are going to see Broncos Vs Manly in this years final, Broncos team has gotten alot better and even though they lost Wayne Bennet there new coach from what I have heard was there old Assistant coach who has been there as long as Bennet was which is good for the Broncos. Manly's team hasn't changed much so unless there is a huge upset early in the finals they'll be up there.

My team, the Cowboys don't have a chance of winning, they lost some alright players and signed Grant fucking Rovelli :smh I think they'll just drop short of the finals.

I think the Warriors have an alright shot this year, they singed Denan Kemp who was good last year and some good guy from the Cowboys I think (I remember being pissed off) but the downfall to there team is that they resigned Stacy Jones, the guy who has retired like, 6 times :nonono: He WAS a good player but hes about 35 or something, he doesn't know when to fully stop playing. Warriors team is looking quite good though and they should make the finals and probably lose in the first round.

So, I think Me, Pat, seX and Dipset should all join a fantasy league and see who does the best :y: