Official NRL thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Qwake

Most of you won't know what NRL is. It is a rugby league competition between Australia and new Zealand (one NZ team). Well its awesome lol. Just thought I should make a thread for me to talk to all the aussies and maybe a few others about it. If you wanna know more about it ask me and I shall tell :brows: each week I will try and post the latest results the round, here are the lists of teams...

NZ Warriors
Sydney Roosters
Gold Coast Titans
South Sydney Rabbitohs
North Queensland Cowboys (my team) :)
Melbourne Storm
Canterbury Bulldogs
Canberra Raiders
St Illawora Dragons
West Tigers
Penrith Panthers
Newcastle Knights
Manly Sea Eagles
Paramata Eels
Brisbane Broncos
Cronulla Sharks

Thats all the teams :D come talk...Share news and whoever your fav team is or whatever :y:

Beer Money Army

well i think Canberra raiders will make the top 8, just like Port adelaide in the afl...

But im unsure if either will win the championship..

atm i'm seeing a Manly VS Storm G/final Round 2. with the dragons being the wildcard./..

Raiders were lucky to beat dragons 2 times this year(due to under estimating them). But the sides above the dragons have had trouble with em

Qwake

Yeah, Manly at this time will be in the final easy as unless some team pulls a huge upset! Cowboys will be wooden spooners (last) unfortunaltly lol.

my top 8 would be...

Sea Eagles
Roosters
Titans
Storm
Dragons
Sharks
Canberra
Broncos or Panthers (very close lol)

Moonlight Drive

Yay, an NRL thread!

I reckon the Knights could be a dark horse to make the 8, and the Titans are missing a lot of guys, I think they'll just miss out

Storm
Sea Eagles
Roosters
Dragons
Sharks
Knights
Broncos
Panthers

Qwake

^ yeah could be but the Knights have been getting wasted lately, I don't know if they will make it lol. I hope they don't lol. Yeah Titans are missing Bailey, Prince and Minechello and they are all pretty big parts of Titans so they could drop out but they beat the Roosters without them so they could easily stay up there.

seX-Power

Wow, finally an NRL thread for the aussies. I support the Parramatta Eels, and I have been dissapointed with them this season coz they should be going better. They probs wont make the Top 8 but might just scrape in *crosses fingers*

Sea Eagles
Storm
Roosters
Sharks
Dragons
Titans
Broncos
Panthers/Eels(*hopes*)

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Go the roosters of course and My favourite player has to be ANTHONY MINICHELLO. Anyway I am spewing the NSW lost the State of Origin so yeah continue your talk

seX-Power

Kind of off topic, but does anyone own any of the Rugby League games, either the first one or number two?

Qwake

I have the first one but I don't play much of that because its on PS2 lol. I am waiting for the next one to come out since they skipped a year...

also, your list looked like that could be it, alot of the teams are tied on 18 points and could easily pass the Panthers or Broncos lol.

Also, you don't no disappointed until your me. The Cowboys (my team) came 3rd last year and even had a chance to win it, this year my guys got injured and I am at the bottom of the table lmao. Also my star player Johnathan Thurstan just got injured and had surgery :smh

Go the roosters of course and My favourite player has to be ANTHONY MINICHELLO. Anyway I am spewing the NSW lost the State of Origin so yeah continue your talk

Yeah nice to see the Roosters lose to the Titans and the Titans had alot of injuries :shifty: and also GREAT to see NSW get owned by the almighty Queenslanders :D

Moonlight Drive

I may not be happy about NSW losing, but fuck, that 3rd game was awesome!

But it may have well have been he Melbourne Maroons, considering how many Storm players had an influence on that team

Hehe, Cowboys are doing awful. I'm most surprised about the Eels, they were awesome last year with Hayne, Inu and their backs now they've slipped out

And NOOOOO! Gasnier is leaving! My mighty dragons might have a tough time winning without him next year :S

seX-Power

We aussies must band together and not let this thread die!!!

The dragons suck!!!
Gasnier can die!!!

Sorry to bump!!!

Moonlight Drive

Hey, jus cos he's playing for France doesn't mean the Dragons suck

But looks like the Eels do after tonight :)

Qwake

I am from New Zealand :eek:

But I hate the warriors, the are to inconsistent. They will be better next year though after signing Jacob Lillyman (my mighty cowboys player lol), and Boyd who plays on the wing for the Broncos and someone else.

The Cowboys had another great loss yesturday to the Broncos, they actually had a little chance of winning but couldnt quite pull it out. They currently have 8 men of there starting team out which is why they are getting hammered so much lately lol. Next year is there year :p

Also the Sea Eagles got another good win yesturday over the Eels which was very expected, I hope someone can pull an upset on them soon lol :)

Moonlight Drive

Yeah, I am half-NZ, so I feel obliged to like the Warriors. They've slipped this year, so have the Eels

And did you see that flick pass Stewart did behind his back? Tht was pure awesomeness in a can for sure

seX-Power

I am from New Zealand :eek:

But I hate the warriors, the are to inconsistent. They will be better next year though after signing Jacob Lillyman (my mighty cowboys player lol), and Boyd who plays on the wing for the Broncos and someone else.

The Cowboys had another great loss yesturday to the Broncos, they actually had a little chance of winning but couldnt quite pull it out. They currently have 8 men of there starting team out which is why they are getting hammered so much lately lol. Next year is there year :p

Also the Sea Eagles got another good win yesturday over the Eels which was very expected, I hope someone can pull an upset on them soon lol :)

Yes, a little chance after being down by 26 points lol...

Thanks for the Eels comment.....:cryin_smilie: