Official NRL thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
rofl at Eels losing to Sharks, they broke their huge losing streak in a terrible game, they won 11 - 0 :smh

Cowboys were awesome, Thompson and Gallant were great, really needed them, good to have Bani out as well. Hopefully they continue to play well, Willie Tonga should make QLD this year if he keeps playing like that.

Warriors Vs Eagles and Raiders Vs Tigers on soon, both should be good, I think Warriors will win since they played so well last week, Manly will be hard though cause they have a good record in NZ, I think Tigers will win too, should be close though, Raiders could easily win imo.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Thurston and Payne are injured, Bowen's still out and O'Donnell is suspended, I'm fuckin' screwed for the season.

lol Eels.

Toddy

Reaction score
Premiers Melbourne Storm have been stripped of two NRL premierships and fined a total of $1.6 million after being found guilty of long-term salary cap breaches.

NRL chief executive David Gallop announced they would also not be allowed to accrue any premiership points in the 2010 season.

Gallop said the Storm had been found to have rorted the salary cap by at least $1.7 million over five years.

"They had a long term system of effectively two sets of books and the elaborate lengths they have gone through to cover this up has been extraordinary," said Gallop.

While Melbourne lost their titles from the 2007 and 2009 seasons Gallop said neither losing grand finalists Manly or Parramatta would assume those titles.

The Storm were also stripped of three minor premierships.

"The club has furthermore been fined $500,000 and will be forced to return $1.1 million in prizemoney with the prizemoney being distributed evenly among the other 15 clubs," said Gallop.

The investigations revealed the Storm maintained a dual contract system, with the club confirming on Wednesday that side letters promising extra payments were stored in a secret file.

"The most damning indictment is the systematic attempt by persons within the club to conceal payments from the salary cap auditor and, it would now seem certain from the club's board and from its owners, on an ongoing basis," Gallop said.

"It was through this system that they were able to attract and retain some of the biggest names in rugby league.

"In doing so they have let down the game, the players and the fans of the Melbourne Storm."

Gallop added the Storm need to quickly find a way to rectify the situation to have any chance of regaining their status in the competition.

"Certainly by the 2011 season they need to be operating within the salary cap and how they do that I'm not sure at this stage," he said.

In 2002, Canterbury - who were on top of the ladder at the time - finished last after having 37 competition points stripped by the NRL over salary cap breaches.
Source: TVNZ.co.nz

Fairly massive news when it comes to NRL but having read that there were suspicions off a breach I'm not that surprised.

seX-Power

Reaction score
It's pretty huge news and I'm not expecting Melbourne to be a part of the comp in a year's time, especially now after losing all sponsors. Hopefully Inglis, Slater, Smith and the rest of them stay in the NRL.

seX-Power

Reaction score
Good replacement for Ben Hannant. They'd better not get Kris Keating though.

NSW is fucked for Origin this year? Gidley? Idris? Gimme a break.