Official NRL thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

bump...

aaw shit, the knights won and the eels will lose... so much for them making the top 8... hopeless bastards

Qwake

lmao, the Dragons ate them alive!!! I am glad the knights won because now the Storm have a chance to not be the minor premiers for 3 years straight! Although I HATE the knights I actually wanted them to win :) A few upsets this week with Knights winning, the MIGHTY COWBOYS beating the Raiders (haha, suck it dipset). Also the Rabbits nearly got another upset win but didn't quite get it. The Warriors won which pushes them up into the top 8 and hopefully the Titans will beat Manly tonight, that would be great!

seX-Power

Well there goes the Eels top 8 chances, who wants to cut my wrists???

Moonlight Drive

Me good sir

Dragons & Knights FTW

Storm shall win this year again though, I can tell

seX-Power

^ do you support the Storm? coz u have Inglis in your sig...

and there's no need to cut my wrists anymore because I found a nice cliff with sharp rocks and sharks at the bottom and it is just inviting me... to climb it >_>

Moonlight Drive

No I don't support the Storm, but Inglis is Pure Awesomeness in a Can

Don't let him go to France!

seX-Power

Rofl at Greg Bird, poor girlfriend of his-

Least Favorite/Overrated Players

Greg Bird
Paul Gallen
Ryan Hoffman
Steve Turner
Craig Fitzgibbon

lol, im bored....

Qwake

I agree with him being Awesome and he BETTER NOT GO! who do you support HBK?

Also, yeah Eels are out for the season. I hope the Knights drop out of the 8, I hate them :) Although I liked them beating the storm. I really hope the Storm lose, my brother is getting to cocky because they won last year and have won 2 minor premiers lol, and my poor Cowboys are 15th :(

I am really suprised that the Warriors are in the 8 after their start to the season, I hope they upset some good team in the quater finals, I would LOVE that! I also want the Titans to make it since I thought they were gonna win at the start of the season. I AM TELLING YOU ALL NOW, IT WILL NOT BE A STORM VS SEA EAGLES FINAL :D

EDIT: I agree with your list btw lol, except for Turner, he's alright :)

Moonlight Drive

I support mainly the Dragons, but Knights are local so if they are in the Finals I barrack for them. I also got into the Rabbits a bit last year since it was the first time they got to the finals in so long

Oh and I also was a bit of an Eels guys last year, so entertaining to watch in the outside backs

Cowboys did alright ay? But I suspect we could get a re-match from last years Grand Final

seX-Power

Turner's alright but shouldn't have made origin and the fact that he is from the Storm doesnt auomatically make him great contrary to popular belief

Beer Money Army

my overrated player list:

Willie Mason (roosters)

PJ marsh (broncos) - how in the hell, did he get in qld along with lliyman...

Tony Puletua (penrith) - He hasn't stepped up for them like alot of there Kiwi players... Not that im dissing Kiwi, but this was the same for souths early into 2008 season..

David Kidwell (souths) I like the guy spirit and agression.. but his agression can be his enemy as he has given away 15 penalties in 19 games along with 54 missed tackles and 8 errors.. no wonder he just scrapped into the 17 side..

Benji marshall (tigers) I don't know why this guy gets so much wrapped.. He hasn't proved anything in tigers unlike farah and Heighington....

Sam Perrett (roosters) - he's a jobber enough said.

Manu Vatuvei (warriors) - The Man can't catch a ball, creates errors, but he has scored alot of tries but that's it really...

Steve turner (storm) - never think much of him in storm.. he's got some speed.. i don't think he creates much for storm as the other players... I think inglis, Folau, Slater are the back bone of melbourne back line. Quinn, turner picks up the rest.. but quinn is better than turner

Underrated:

Ian Henderson (warriors) - He has been one of there keys players for there season...

Luke Douglas (sharks) - i think this guy doesnt get much wrap.. he;s a solid forward, can play 60 mins of the game while other forwards barely do 50 mins i.e. Brett white.. 35 plus tackles a game.. I just think his problem is he misses a few tackles but he has improved on that a little bit..

Chris Heighington (tigers) - I'll say it Tigers Best player of 2008.. there season has been shit, but if tigers didnt have him in the forward pack they could be worse...

Glenn Stewart (sea eagles) - He had a great 07 season and improved alot this year.. i hope he gets a australia call up cause he deserves it...

Terry Campese (raiders) He always been a solid player, but i think carney performance use to overshadow his when he was there.. But since carney been gone, raiders have been performing better with Campese guidance within the halves... with him not being 100% can damage them performance tho.. so hopefully he gets better soon..

Jamie Soward (dragons) - I thought he was pretty decent when roosters had him, before they sacked him :smh.. He has been playing good and bonus can goal kick.. For the dragons this year and i personally think beside sea eagles, storm, sharks.. Dragons could be the threat in this final series they have got a solid side on paper.... but i dont want them to win...but remember Sea Eagles have always had a problem with them...

Joel Monaghan (raiders) - The man has got alot of speed, can tackle great, try scorer, he is in the top 5 of gainning the most metres in the nrl along with raiders Colin Best..

Fraser Anderson (sharks) - Broncos dumped him.. Sharks gain everything.. not only this guy can play 2nd row. he can play lock, centre and maybe wing.. My problem is his errors and missed tackles rate.. but he's a forward that can play the full 80 mins.. That can save you 2 handy interchanges

Denan Kemp (broncos) - he has been broncos surprise really.. But he has been a solid winger.. warriors have picked up a goody here for 2009.. but we will have to see if he will perform like this for them...

Qwake

^ I pretty much agree with all of that and as much as I hate Vatuvei, he really has improved from previous seasons lol.

What do you guys all think about that final 8? Is it a good or bad 8 and what do you think will happen with them? what your predictions, heres mine:

Broncos Vs Roosters (should be good, could go either way, com on Broncos!)

Sharks Vs Raiders (Raiders will get a close upset win)

Eagles Vs Dragons(will suck imo, storm vs Dragons would have been GREAT with what the dragons coach said lol)

Storm Vs Warriors (lame game that storm will own)

Your thoughts?

seX-Power

Somebody Sticky this... Australians (and lennies -i refuse to say them-) are people too and we deserve acknowledgement >_>

Broncos will beat the Roosters... but there might be a botched finish and the Broncos could get counted out, meaning the Roosters win the match but not moving though, only to have the previously losing Sharks to cash in their rematch cause and beat them... I love the WWE

Raiders should beat the Sharks in a close game... Cronulla's playing and matches bore me, and they can not win convincingly... and then Bird >.>

Dragons v Manly will be close with Manly winning... boooooring

Storm had a bad team to face in the openeing round of the finals as they have a pretty bad record against the Warriors, but then again there playing in the Graveyard so Storm will definately win

Moonlight Drive

Broncos-Raiders-Dragons-Storm to win

Broncos will go all the way imo, 2006 re-match