Official NRL thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

No... 1 plays 5 at home
2 plays 6 at home
3 plays 7 at home
4 plays 8 at home

The top 4 still get home games

then the winner of 1v5 & 4v8 play each other & so do 2v6 & 3v7's winers

Moonlight Drive

Well, I like the current system. I misread what you posted, I was thinking it was the AFL system for some reason (1 v 4, 2 v 3, etc)

And if they win all there games and manage to become Minor Premiers, shouldn't they deserve an easy first round match against number 8?

seX-Power

yes probably, but who cares about them, I want competitive matches

DON'T YOU EVER DARE MENTION AFL IN THIS THREAD AGAIN. THIS THREAD IS SACRED AND SHOULD NOT BE FOULED BY SUCH FILTH AS THE MENTION OF SUCH VOMITROCIOUS 'SPORTS' AS AFL...

and yes, the caps were necessary >_>

Moonlight Drive

Rofl, I agree. Sorry, please neg rep me for that mention.

Qwake

^ I will :shifty:

But I hope it stays as 1 Vs 8 etc because then for the top 4 teams that worked hard to get their they face eaiser teams from the standings, they earned it. I don't know why but I still believe that their will be an upset team that beats Storm as well as Sea Eagles, I hope so :D

Beer Money Army

i like th mcintrye format..

Because for one. The team finished 1st should get the side coming 8th in Q.Final, 2 v 7.. it leave 7,8 a hard chance and 1,2 easy week time....

while 3rd-6th has 50/50 chance of staying or getting elminated...

Qwake

The fucking Warriors got murdered last night! 32 - 6 defeat against Manly. This means that it will be ANOTHER Melbourne Storm/Manly Sea Eagles Final which will suck imo. I don't know who will win but I really don't care because its gonna suck either way, LETS TURN THIS THREAD INTO AN "NRL NEWS" thread now with singings and everything for the 2009 season. :y:

seX-Power

Lets not let this thread die.... a sticky maybe? :shifty:

Dont really care about the Grand Final now, Storm wins, bla bla bla...

Moonlight Drive

I support mainly the Dragons, but Knights are local so if they are in the Finals I barrack for them. I also got into the Rabbits a bit last year since it was the first time they got to the finals in so long

Oh and I also was a bit of an Eels guys last year, so entertaining to watch in the outside backs

Cowboys did alright ay? But I suspect we could get a re-match from last years Grand Final

EM I RYTE?:showoff:

Qwake

^ Nearly all of the men on the footy show predicted it and most other big League names lol, I myself didn't because I was so caught up in wanting both teams to fail but oh well lol. If you guys ever here anthing about big signings and stuff post it in here :)

Moonlight Drive

Well nobody in this thread did so..yeah.

But compared to the Broncos/Storm and Warriors/whoever they played (I forgot >_>) the last two matches where a crock of shit squash match imo.

Beer Money Army

I'm picking manly... But i have pick manly 3/4 times against storm and have been wrong...

My brother is going to the game, he went to last year as well.. he's a big manly supportter... I like both sides and i think these 2 sides deserve to be in the Grand Final...

But to world cup r/league..... I hope aussies pick a good side... Maybe pick some players from english super league, BUt they won't.. (that is one thing i hate about the aussie selection team..) they dont pick any aussie excellent rugby players that are playing elsewhere that isn't NRL....

But my 30 Man Australian squad should be this:

Roughly starting side
1. Billy Slater (storm)
2. anthony Quinn (storm)
3. Greg Inglis (storm)
4. Jamie lyon (Manly)
5. Joel Monaghan (raiders)
6. darren Lockyer (captain) broncos
7. Matt orford (manly)
8. Brent Kite (manly)
9. Cameron Smith (storm)
10. steve Price (warriors)
11. Glenn Stewart (manly)
12. nathan Hindmarsh (eels)
13. Alan tongue (raiders)

14. terry campese (raiders)
15. Paul Gallen (sharks)
16. Michael Crocker (storm)
17. chris heighington (tigers)
18. Kurt Gidley (knights)
19. craig fitzgibbon (roosters)
20. Brett Stewart (manly)
21. Ryan Hoffman (storm)
22. Dallas johnson (storm)
23. Matt cooper (dragons)
24.petero civoniceva (panthers)
25.Israel Folau (storm)
26. mark o'meley (roosters)
27. anthony tupou (roosters)
28. Cooper Cronk (storm)
29.brett white (storm)
30.justin hodges (broncos)

Qwake

Thats a good side but here I who I would take out of your team (I will post my own side later).

Paul Gallen: He is a useless player imo, the sharks love him but he sucks!!! Aussie won't be winning shit with him.

Micheal Crocker: Not bad player but I have seen better players tbh, I like him being knocked out alot though :)

Anthony Quinn: He has improved alot since going to the Storm but I just don't see him at this level tbh. Maybe in years to come.

Anthony Tupou: He is good and young but I think he needs a little more experience before going up for the World Cup, he would be a good replacement but I am not to sure about him yet.

Good team but those are who I would think on changing...(also, alan tounge is a great player but starting there? You favour him to much lol).