Official NRL thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

Wait, Carney's gonna be at fullback? lolol, he'll do better there than Anasta at least. And I never thought I'd say this, but Brian Smith's actually gonna help a team rather than hinder them this time.

All these teams rejecting Willie makes me :confused: because although he had a slump season, he's still a former test player and has the potential to return to his better days. Manly could have definitely used him. Would be interesting to see him play at NQLD, however. Wonder what lennie thinks of that?

Moonlight Drive

Smith generally helps teams, he did rebuild the Knights post-Johns, but he'll never win a premiership. He goes in, makes the hard decisions, they usually suck for a season, before they become an actual quality team and he moves on (ie. Knights)

I don't understand all the Mason hate. He's definitely not the player he used to be, but compared to some of the off-field incidents we had last year (assault, rape, etc.) what Willie has done barely registers on the radar. Just because he has a big mouth people seem to think he'll turn every club into what the Roosters were last season. Willie Mason didn't fuck the club over, it was Nate Myles, Freddy Fittler, Jake Friend and all the other douchebags who I cbf to name.

The Cowboys are a two-man team, so addign Mason would do a world of good for Thurston and Bowen.

seX-Power

I won't forgive Brian Smith for what he did to the Eels. :madface:

So what's the date for round one exactly, cos I can't fucking wait?

also, lolrape

Moonlight Drive

March 12, Knights to win the Premiership. Isaac De Gois, Zeb Taia, Jarrod Mullen, Kurt Gidley, Peter Matu'utia (if he is called up) and Junior Sau all to get Dally Ms. ISAAC~!

Would be quite epic if we got an 01 Grand Final replay and Parra gets raped again.

seX-Power

raped by 6 points, yeah

but I remember crying like a little bitch after that match, :(

Moonlight Drive

Eels were Minor Premiers, the Knights were (and are) a bunch of no good druggies. Epic rape.

Shame you werent at my school. We all ripped off the one kid who wanted the Eels to win for like a month.

Qwake

Cowboys are not a two man team, Thurston and Bowen are the main stars, yes, but they still have Luke O'Donnell, Carl Webb, Aaron Payne, Willie Tonga and some other decent guys, I hate Big Willie but he would help the Cowboys get back on track imo and would give them a chance to win when Thurston is out for origin and whatnot.

The Knights are horrible Pat, sorry but they just are, aren't they the team who has signed pretty much noone for the season? They have some alright players but they will struggle to make the 8 imo.

The eels are going to be hard to beat, they brought in some good guys, Tahu is epic, theyll be the team to beat I think.

Damn its been way to long since I've seen some good league. Allstars/Abos game could be alright but I don't really care for it tbh.

I'm thinking Warriors for spoon this year, them or the raiders sadly.

Moonlight Drive

The Knights are horrible Pat, sorry but they just are, aren't they the team who has signed pretty much noone for the season? They have some alright players but they will struggle to make the 8 imo.

Knights - 7th
Cowboys - 13th

Knights don't need to sign anyone tbh, they already have too many players. We have more than enough quality right now.

Qwake

Cowboys barely missed out in points differential and shit though and they had injuries as well as Thurston out. I'm not saying Knights are worse then Cowboys but srsly, you guys have gotten rid of alot of players and gained noone, the Cowboys still have alot of money to get more players and have already signed Shannon Gallant who owns.

Also, Inglis > Hayne without a doubt :y:

seX-Power

Cowboys are a two man team, theres no disputing that.

And isn't Gallant that second rate fullback that played for Wests but got injured?

Moonlight Drive

Interesting to see that the Cowboys apparently aren't a two man team, yet when Thurston is injured is when they drop all their points. Also, what players have we go rid of? Danny Wicks was shit to begin with.

Kurt Gidley, Junior Sau, Jarrod Mullen, James McManus, Chris Houston, Isaac De Gois and Cory Paterson are all current, former and future Origin/International players, along with Zeb Taia and Matt Hilder, who had one of the highest tackle counts in the whole comp, who are just all kinds of ownage.

Qwake

Gallant is pretty good imo and could go good on the wing or fill in for Bowen when injured.

It's not when Thurston is out that the cowboys lose every game, they definitely are no where as good but usually when Thurston and Bowen are out is when they're fucked, would be the same for if the likes of Gidley and Taia or Hayne and Hindmarsh were both out though imo, even though Thurston > Hayne and Gidley.

I don't know who you lost Pat but I could have sworn I saw the player transfers list and the Knights lost alot and gained nobody, that's the same for a couple other teams too though so I may be wrong.

Aaron Payne is a huge help, without him in the team Bowen and Thurston have been worse stats-wise, he's very underated. Luke O'donnell is fucking awesome too, clearly isn't a two man team, everybody just says that because they are the top two in the team by a long way, it must be hard for the other players to be recognised with those two in there.

Pat, Junior Sau, Chris Houston, Cory Paterson and especially Jarrod Mullen are all highly overated and while Gidley is good I feel he's very overated too. McManus, De Gois, Hilder and Taia are good though.

The eels are just gay imo.

Beer Money Army

lol people rate James Mcmanus..

Isaac De Gois, Kurt Gidley, Chris Houston, Zeb Taia and Junior Sau are the players i rated from Knights. But sometimes Gidley doesn't play good for Major Games.

The Best thing Danny Wicks ever did was this.

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oVYyAX4w0mk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oVYyAX4w0mk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Great Defense by Willie Mason and Sam Perrett :shifty:

For Raiders 2010 season, I seeing finishing between 6th-10th. (they always get rated about finish around last, But people under estimate them, Just like every start of the seasons people Wrap Souths and we all know how well they do :shifty:)

Moonlight Drive

Raiders would be a finals team if they could take the form they have at home on the road.