Official NRL thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer Money Army

^ i don't mean us sex power, But the media always wraps them, as final contenders.

Raiders are like Titans/Warriors with the Aaway games. While they are very awesome in Home ground Games.

Moonlight Drive

Raiders often disappoint me. They have a lot of talent and a lot of great young guys, but they just can't seem to win away from Canberra. It's like two completely different teams.

Apparently the Knights are making a bid for Willie. I'll be very pleased if they pick him up, the Knights lack quality front rowers, as Houston is quite overrated, like Leonard said before.

EDIT - Fantasy league anyone? Know I kinda ditched it last year, but I'm actually keen this time round.

Beer Money Army

lol you can have willie Mason if you want. i hope raiders don't put a bid on him.

i'll be doing foxsports fanasty for NRL and AFL

Moonlight Drive

I was thinking about going on the nrl.com one, but I can't remember the one I usually do.

West Tigers have officially signed Lote. Big signing for them, quite an intimidating backline they're developing

Also, Four Nations 2010 schedule has been announced:
nrl.com said:
October 23 New Zealand v England Westpac Stadium Wellington, New Zealand
October 24 Australia v Papua New Guinea Parramatta Stadium Sydney, Australia
October 30 New Zealand v Papua New Guinea International Stadium Rotorua, New Zealand
October 31 Australia v England Venue TBC Melbourne, Australia
November 6 England v Papua New Guinea Eden Park Auckland, New Zealand
November 6 New Zealand v Australia Eden Park Auckland, New Zealand
November 13 Four Nations Final Suncorp Stadium Brisbane, Australia
Sydney just got raped tbh.

Beer Money Army

meh, NZ and England arent really big contenders to Australia either.

I would rather see an Australia Vs Australia A encounter. Plus doesnt Sydney get the NRL Grand Final and 2 State of Origin Games this year?

Willie mason signed with Cowboys. IMO bad signing Mason was only good when he played for the bulldogs, terrible for the roosters. I guess bulldogs must of had good players for him to play with at the time.

It will be Interesting How Lote will adapt to NRL again, since has been playing union for a while. Wendall did well.

Moonlight Drive

Read today Sheens is thinking about starting him on the wing which seems to make sense. I'll give Mason a chance, but I don't know if he'll ever become the plyaer he used to be.

Inglis is out of the All Stars game, which I personally think is a HUGE blow to the indigineous team. They still have great halves, but they realy lack that powerful attacking centre now both Inglis & Hodges are out. Greg Bird as a replacement confuses me as to where he'll fit in, and Danie Lauries ruled out with injury and Beau Champions coming in.

Ellis, Taylor and Tongue have all also been taken out of the NRL All-Stars team, replaced with Farah, Burgess and Shillington respectively. Quite glad Burgess made it in over Taylor, but I'm disappointed to see Gareth go and for Harrison not to take Tongue's spot.

All-Stars match is already turning out to be rather disastrous.

Qwake

The Allstar game will suck without Inglis, he's awesome and Greg Bird is horrid. Can't stand him.

Big Willie to the Cowboys, not sure what to think. I hate him but he used to be an alright player, very overated but he had his share of good games, hopefully he fits in well with the NQ and helps bring them back to atleast the top 8.

Sucks that Tongue got taken out, he's always overlooked.

Tigers team looks really good this year, although it usually does look good and they usually just fail to make the 8.

Also Catsa, you said NZ weren't competition for the world cup and what happened :shifty: Never count NZ out, 9 times out of 10 Aussie dominates us but there's always a small chance we pull an upset.

Moonlight Drive

It's a double edged sword for North Queensland. Either he'll overcome his critics and get back to the way he used to play, or he'll suck and take the spot away from a younger more deserving player/get injured. If the former happens, the Cowboys are a much better chance of cracking the 8.

Lol @ Tigers. They have so many great players but they've still only cracked the 8 once since the joint venture, at least to my recollection.

New Zealand really are on the up in terms of international standings. I think what they had in the past was a real confidence issue and after the World Cup, it looks like they've gotten over that. They played brilliantly in the opening Four Nations game. Plus they've probably got there best playing squad I've ever seen currently. So pleased JUNIOR SAU~! got a start over Inu as well, in 2-3 years he'll be the Greg Inglis of the NZ team.

Beer Money Army

NZ side isn't too bad. They just need to get rid of Sam Perrett, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Jason Nightingale, Manu Vatuvei, Luke Covell.

How horrible is the Sharks Backs line up for 2010 is. there past few season they have had a terrible backs line up.

Stapleton isn't too bad.

Ferguson is average, he had a decent 2009 season. But he think Coaches from other sides would have viewed his skills in training. depends to see how he goes in 2010

Pomeroy, Collis, Covell are fucking shithouse. IMO Covell looks like Chris masters just not steroided up

Taulima Tautai and Matthew wright nothing special.

the sharks forwards sounds quite decent. The halves porter/barrett is alright, but john morris isn't great, Stuart Flanagan is shit, Paul Aiton is a decent hooker.

I expect them to be in the bottom 4 placings.

Qwake

Yeah Sharks are horrible, Gallon is one of the most overated in the league imo. Pomeroy and and Covell are crap too.

Big Manu is the MAN! Hopefully he can still catch a ball this season :shifty:

Moonlight Drive

I hate Sam Perrett, he's crap.

Sharks have probably the worst squad in the comp. Paul Gallen is overrated piece of shit and like you said, their backline is awful with the exception of Barrett, and he's not even that great. Sharks to get the wooden spoon in 2010, I really can't think of any teams who they'd pose a threat to.

Beer Money Army

Well from TABonline Sharks/Raiders/Warriors are tipped the most unlikely to win the 2010 P'ship. But i gonna go out on a limp and say Penrith squad doesn't look that great either.

Coote good youngster.
Gordon only there for his great goal kicking, average player
jennings = great, it will be interesting if he can outdo his 2009 performance or will he be a 09 wonder.
brad Tighe meh average,
Purtell is shithouse one of the worst wingers in defense. so glad raiders didn't keep him, (we gort brett Kelly still and he is shit as well. But i hope Vidot/carney don't get injured as they are pretty decent. Just carney has some defense problems sometimes)
Graham/Walsh i don't really rate them to as top halves line up. But later in 2009 they seemed to work pretty decent.
F.Puletua he is pretty crap
Kevin Kingston he was decent for EEls, but eels have got a good side. it will depend if he can do the same for penrith.
Petero = he is good, but he doesn't play much ball time on the field and he is near the end of his career, not as good as he once was.
Pritchard = Penrith Key player, i rate him. solid player. Can play 2nd row, lock, centre.
Waterhouse = He is good, but sometimes overrated
Lewis = overrated player.
Laurie = overrated must be cause of his look. he kinda look like Kofi/booker T/Prince Nana had a kid together.
Nigel Plum = mostly played for south logan, didn't do well for raiders.
Matthew Bell = meh
Travis Burns = can do decent, but he always gives away stupid penalites.

sharks should get last, But penrith could be down lower.

Warriors side doesn't look to bad on paper but they have the same effect when they play away just like the raiders. Except Warriors have always been Melbourne Storm biggest threat, even if they play them in Melbourne

Moonlight Drive

Pritchard, Jennings and Kingston are the only players from the Panthers I rate really, although I wonder how Kev will play now he hasn't got as great a team around him.

Raiders & Warriors have fairly good teams, but sadly their away form is just terrible, like you said. The thing that holds the Warriors back is their halves. Stacey's gone and they just don't have anyone that good over there. with all the young talent they've got, I suspect the Raiders are going to finish just outside the 8.

seX-Power

Something tells me that this season will be pretty much deja vu with last season when it comes to how teams are playing and where they end up ranked.

Qwake

I seriously think the Warriors will be top contenders for the Wooden Spoon, I hope I am wrong but they signed Brett Seymour, he's shit imo and he's suposed to be there big signing. Atleast Stacy Jones is gone, he ruined them, they had two good seasons, Jones came back and they dropped right down. They could do decent if Price isn't injured, but without him I am sure they are fully screwed. Sharks may do worse though.

Who are you guys picking to make the finals?