Official NRL thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

Eels/Dragons/Storm/Bulldogs/Rabbitohs/Eagles/Tigers/Cowboys

or something

Qwake

I agree with all but I think the titans would make it ahead of the Rabbits, not sure what the Eagles will do this year, they lost Orford who's a very inconsistent player but when he plays good he plays really good imo, they lost a few others and gained noone special, not sure who'd make it ahead of them, probably Broncos or Knights.

Moonlight Drive

Eagles got owned by Souths in the trials. Without Orford they're going to struggle greatly, at least until later in the season. I just cannot envision Souths not making it to the finals with the absolute monster forward pack they've got. If they put Burgess or someone to that liking next to the NRL's human turnstile, Chris Sandow, Souths will make it to the 8.

Eels/Dragons/Knights/Rabbits/Bulldogs/Storm/Tigers/Titans

seX-Power

Orford is rather shit tbh.

And I'm assuming that wasn't in order, Pat.

Moonlight Drive

Always hated Orford. I was dirty when he took the Dally M off Slater in 08.

Of course not, otherwise Newcastle would be number one.

seX-Power

Did however believe that the Eels at #1 was the right choice.

Seriously though, if Parra don't make the Grand Final this year there is something seriously wrong with them.

Moonlight Drive

Parramatta have the best squad in the competition in my opinion. Pretty much their entire team is Origin/Test worthy.

seX-Power

I wish the selectors realised.

Hindmarsh being snubbed this year was a joke.

Moonlight Drive

Didn't he 'retire' from rep football?

Lol @ AFL thinking they can win Western Sydney. Just lol.

Qwake

Yeah, it was Blue when Orford won Dally M over Slater. He's one of the most inconsistent players of the past few years.

I feel like killing selectors when they don't pick Hindmarsh for their team, seriously, what more can the guy do to get a little recognition? Especially last season, he was playing as if he was in his prime if not, better. He better be selected this year, because we can all pretty much predict that he's going to play well as he always does.

The Eels team is crazy good, they could easily be Minor Premiers, not sure if they'll win though, its just way to hard to predict with all the good clubs this year.

Also, wtf Pat, no Cowboys? :smh

Moonlight Drive

Cowboys could make it, I really think it depends on Willie's form and if Bowen/thurston can stay healthy. If Mason plays well he could be the difference that sneaks them into the top 8, rather than slipping out at the end of the season like last year.

Beer Money Army

Cowboys side is very questionable for this year again. i seen them finishing 7th-10th area.

Aaron Payne, Bowen, Thurston is there key postion players, while Steve Southern, Luke O'Donnell is there key forwards. The Back line up isn't that strong. I think side will be spreading the ball out wide to score against them inside of going through the middle on which where all there forwards will be.

If cowboys don't use Grant Rovelli, Anthony Watts, Manase Manuokafoa. They should be finishing on where i predict.

Origin time will hurt them pretty badly with Thurston and few others gone. Payne will have to do double duty in the games

Qwake

Rovelli and Watts should be shot, they're horrible, I wish the Raiders or Knights traded for them :shifty: I agree, a healthy Thurston and Bowen could help them slip into the 8, Aaron Payne maybe the key this year, when he was injured even with Thurston and Bowen the team didn't do as well. Carl Webb can have a decent game too, although many have overated him. If Big Willie finds form I am liking the Cowboys chances. They need to find decent centers and wings though, Ty Williams is just a stupid old abo, Ashley Graham gets injured every game, Bani is horrid, John Williams is alright but thats about it. Hopefully Gallant does alright in the backs.

How do you guys think the Storm will go? Theyre still a great side but theyve lost a few key players, mainly Dallas Johnson.

Moonlight Drive

Storm have a lot of great young players, I think they'll do just fine. Whenever they lose players they seem to fill the void with ease. I see a big future for Kevin Proctor in the backrow, although Dallas will be a big loss, I'm sure they'll keep on truckin'. As long as Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk, Greg Inglis and Billy Slater stay healthy, I have no doubt Melbourne will get a top 4 finish.

seX-Power

Rovelli and Watts should be shot, they're horrible, I wish the Raiders or Knights traded for them :shifty: I agree, a healthy Thurston and Bowen could help them slip into the 8, Aaron Payne maybe the key this year, when he was injured even with Thurston and Bowen the team didn't do as well. Carl Webb can have a decent game too, although many have overated him. If Big Willie finds form I am liking the Cowboys chances. They need to find decent centers and wings though, Ty Williams is just a stupid old abo, Ashley Graham gets injured every game, Bani is horrid, John Williams is alright but thats about it. Hopefully Gallant does alright in the backs.

How do you guys think the Storm will go? Theyre still a great side but theyve lost a few key players, mainly Dallas Johnson.

Don't they have Ben Farrar/Harris or whatever in the centres? He's pretty good imo.