MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Arod and Jeter do

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Ryan Braun suspended for the rest of the season due to his ties to the Biogenesis stuff. I wouldn't be shocked if A-Rod gets a 100 game suspension as they are basically saying he was trying to buy his way out of the stuff with them or maybe a lifetime ban.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Alright guys the end of July is approaching and we are getting closer to seeing who will win each division so what I did was create a thread for each division in Viva Las Punks for all your betting pleasure. Go there now and bet on who you think will win their respective division. I expect [MENTION=51]Fuji Vice[/MENTION] to bet on the Blue Jays (well maybe not)

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Anyone see this?

davidortiz.gif

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Anyone see this?

davidortiz.gif

Yeah and the Rays put something up to protect their phone in the visitors dug out. I mean what did that phone ever do to Ortiz

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I for one wouldn't want to tell him off for doing that.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I wpuldnt either you might get a bat to the head

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I remember when everyone was blowing their load over the Blue Jays this season.

LOL

Yes, lets get hyped up about a pitcher who just happened to be coming off of ONE great season, because that obviously means he will lead us to victory, amirite? LOLOLOLOL

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Pirates are all-in as they chase the franchise's first playoff appearance in 21 years.

Pittsburgh traded for longtime Minnesota Twins first baseman Justin Morneau on Saturday, hoping the four-time All Star can give the Pirates' middling offense a jolt heading into the final month of the season.

"We felt that this move gives us a better chance to play in October, a better chance to win the division, a better chance to advance in October," Pirates general manager Neal Huntington said.

More From ESPN.com

Dan Szymborski gives his reaction to the Pittsburgh Pirates' trade for Justin Morneau, writing that while the deal was a smart one for the team, it might not have much of an impact on its playoff positioning. Story Insider

• Stats & Info: A potent bat of late

The Twins obtained outfielder Alex Presley and either a player to be named or cash in Pittsburgh's second major move in a week. The Pirates sent a pair of minor leaguers to the New York Mets on Tuesday in exchange for outfielder Marlon Byrd and catcher John Buck.

"We've got more depth, we've got more options than we had four days ago," Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle said. "We're a better team. We're a stronger team."

Pittsburgh entered Saturday tied with St. Louis atop the NL Central with 29 games remaining. The Pirates have been in contention all season thanks in large part to a pitching staff currently second in the majors with a 3.17 ERA. Morneau's presence could have an immediate impact on an offense that ranks 10th in the NL in runs.

The 32-year-old Morneau hit .259 with 17 homers and 74 RBIs this season for Minnesota and is finishing off a red-hot month in which he smacked nine home runs.

"I think he's found some ways to spark some things offensively in the second half," Hurdle said.

The Pirates will pick up the remaining portion of Morneau's $14 million salary, estimated at around $2 million. It's not an insignificant investment for an ownership group that has sometimes shied away from paying the tab for proven players.

Yet with Pittsburgh on the cusp of its first winning season since 1992, Huntington worked aggressively after the non-waiver trade deadline to give the Pirates the pieces they need to remain in a tight three-team divisional race with St. Louis and Cincinnati.

"We made Clint's job a little bit easier," Huntington said. "He's got a number of weapons at his disposal now."

While Huntington believes he'll be "mocked" for thinking the Pirates are true World Series contenders, he and Hurdle made a compelling case to Morneau, who had to OK the trade that ends a sometimes spectacular 11 seasons in Minnesota.

Morneau won the 2006 AL MVP award and was one of the best hitters in the game until a concussion knocked him out of action in 2010. Still, he remained one of the cornerstones of the Twins' clubhouse. His departure is another emotional low point in a disappointing season.

"I have great respect for Morny," Minnesota manager Ron Gardenhire said. "He was our leader. He set the table. If there was something that needed to be said, he stepped up."

While Morneau's numbers have tailed off the last three years, his power should play better at PNC Park compared to cavernous Target Field. It's just 320 feet from home plate to the right-field wall at PNC, an inviting target for left-handed sluggers.

The Pirates had Morneau's No. 36 jersey ready minutes after the trade was announced and Hurdle held out hope Morneau would make it to the clubhouse in time for Saturday night's game against the Cardinals.

Whenever Morneau arrives, he'll give a club reaching heights not seen in a generation another proven bat and more than an ounce of legitimacy. And he'll do it while taking away at-bats from longtime friend Garrett Jones.

Jones has spent most of the season platooning with Gaby Sanchez at first and broke out of a lengthy slump by going 3 for 4 with a home run and four RBIs in Pittsburgh's 5-0 win over the Cardinals on Friday. Now he'll likely be moved to the bench or spot duty in the outfield.

Playing behind Morneau is nothing new for Jones. He was a prospect in Minnesota's farm system for years but couldn't break into the majors on a regular basis with Morneau entrenched at first. Jones called Morneau "a friend" and understands why the Pirates pursued him. Until Friday, Jones was hitting just .119 in August.

"When we're winning and we know we can get a good player, sometimes you've got to suck it up and know what's best for the team," Jones said. "Hopefully I can still continue to get in there and play and contribute."

So it seems the Pirates plan on going to the playoffs and beyond. My fear is that they will let all of these guys go at the end of the season will not try to keep some of their pitchers that have helped them get where they are now.

Justin Morneu
Myron Byrd
John Buck all acquired in the last week. good moves hope they didn't sell a lot of good prospects. I know Alex pressley is one of them that is gone but who knows about the others ones for Buck and Byrd

TactMrBlack

Reaction score
Third Eye Blind played after the Pirates game tonight. I wish I would have gotten to go to that. Also Matt Harvey is out for a year. It hurts being a Mets fan.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I wish I was at the game myself good concert and another win over the Cards

TactMrBlack

Reaction score
I wish I was at the game myself good concert and another win over the Cards

I'm not a pirates fan but pnc is a great park and I like that they built themselves into a contender. I hope they make the playoffs and go far.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Lets Go Bucs. The Pirates are off to face the Cardinals in the NLDS. First time since 1992 in the playoffs. 3 homeruns tonight what a night.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Lets Go Bucs. The Pirates are off to face the Cardinals in the NLDS. First time since 1992 in the playoffs. 3 homeruns tonight what a night.
Go Pirates! Not a Pirates fan but I despise the Cards so yeah.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Nice to see the arbitrator keep AROD out for the season. I also read the article on Bosch (which will be on 60 minutes) stating how he has injected AROD and how meticulous he was and wanting to be the only player to hit 800 HR's.

Really AROD needs to go away but I also wished we would get some of the guys that brought fans back to baseball in the HOF.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk