• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MLB Discussion Thread

Anaconda Vice

May 21, 2011
So with the baseball season now underway, we may as well have a place to talk about anything and everything that's happening. Who are you supporting? Are you going to any games? Any thoughts on who will be in the World Series?

Obviously I'm rooting for the Jays and hope they can at least make the playoffs. The World Series seems like a little much this year, as I think LA and Detroit are definitely stronger than us, though you never know. If I had to guess right now I'd say Detroit and Washington will meet in the World Series.

Oh and I'm going to the Jays home opener tomorrow night...sweet!

Anaconda Vice

May 21, 2011
Scrappy isn't so bad, they ground out a win against the Yankees today so that's a good start for them.

Wang Chung

Jan 5, 2012
Dancing
Are the Braves really this good and will they continue to steam roll everyone throughout the season? Damn I watched some of their highlights from Thursday's game and saw that the Pirates blanked them last night but they have barely lost any games.

Wang Chung

Jan 5, 2012
Dancing
Pirates win again. (just typing for the second time) they are now 31-19 WTF. Are they going to break the 20 year losing record that they have set themselves up for?

Can STL keep winning? Will CC Sabithia win a game this season?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wang Chung

Jan 5, 2012
Dancing
BoSox win again and keep on keeping on. I love this scrappy team. After last years toxic team I am happy to see this team doing well.
They are fighting for each win which is good. I don't mind them being a good team because it keeps the overpaid Yankees on their toes.

Anaconda Vice

May 21, 2011
Nice comeback by the Jays today, it would be even nicer if they could string together five or six wins.

Wang Chung

Jan 5, 2012
Dancing
Nice comeback by the Jays today, it would be even nicer if they could string together five or six wins.

They have a nice team is it chemistry that is holding them back. I would have picked them to have a higher winning percentage than they have.

Anaconda Vice

May 21, 2011
They have a nice team is it chemistry that is holding them back. I would have picked them to have a higher winning percentage than they have.
I knew they'd underperform, this is a Toronto team after all. They still have a chance to get it together, getting rid of Lawrie for awhile would probably help a lot.

Anaconda Vice

May 21, 2011
I am still scared of that team. If they get it all together they will be tough to beat.
Probably won't be until next year at this point, but you never know. With Reyes coming back in mid-June things could really turn around.

Wang Chung

Jan 5, 2012
Dancing
Speaking of getting things turned around. I hope yesterdays game was a turning point for Pedro Alvarez. That kid has some power did you see that second homerun he hit yesterday. It was a monster. 459 feet I think is what I heard the estimate was.