Grand Theft Auto V *Official Discussion Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Bully 2 would be amazing.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
(IMO)

Not to hijack the thread, but this time in a college maybe.

EDIT:
In November 2011, in an interview with Gamasutra, Rockstar executive Dan Houser revealed it may return to it for a sequel once Max Payne 3 is released. "Contrary to a lot of people, we like to take a little bit of time at the end of a game before starting a sequel, so we can wait for the excitement or disappointment and everything else of the experience to shake down and really see what we should do in the next game," he said. "So we knew that we didn't want to start doing the Bully sequel instantly at that second with those guys -- even though it is a property that, like Max, we adore and might come back to in the future. There was just no impetus to do that then. So we said, 'You can do Max, and then we will see what we can do with Bully."

Whoa. Didn't know this.

Last edited:

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
This is Grand theft Auto there is nothing they have to fear, Assassins Creed might be the closest competition to it and maybe a Batman Game other then that there is no competition so they should try and get out by Christmas.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
^Remember Fallout New Vegas? a game that was rushed, had absolutely no compitition, and fell short of the only game it was competing against, Fallout 3. If it would have been marketed as a "Large Expansion" it probably would have been better recieved. Rockstar could make the same mistake, so its better for them to be happy with their games.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Fallout is nowhere near as popular as Grand Theft Auto as long as the name is there it will sell much like COD and even battlefield.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The game may sell for the first few days, but as soon as X-Play starts ripping it a new one for being rushed and not nearly as good as its previous versions, it will flop much like Fallout NV. Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning sold like hotcakes for the first week due to R.A. Salvatore & Todd McFarlane being on the box, as soon as it was reviewed it all went downhill(and the best way to describe the game is "Everything we were ever promised in a Fable game, but never got").

The companies are honestly at the mercy of review shows/sites with rentals gone the way of the 8-track. And I honestly believe if one of the more popular reviewers ripped on CoD, GTA, or any other major market title, without making it sound like it is simply ranting on an overindulged market, it would hurt sales(just not initial sales).

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
:lmao Fallout

Talk about a completely optional/passable video game title.

Dademo

Reaction score
NO WAY will GTA V flop. It's Grand Theft Auto. We've seen the trailer, and I could point out hundreds (not literally) of improvements from GTA IV. I will give you this, since we've seen absolutely no gameplay of the game yet, that maybe Rockstar did something with the physics, but I doubt it'll flop. I'm sure there's a good reason for why Rockstar is taking long in releasing information, but I haven't heard it yet.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I was not trying to say this game would flop, I was trying to say that Rockstar wouldnt rush the game, because they want their games to be done right when they are released. If they did rush a piss poor game, then the review shows would be all over it.

@Legion, I will admit Fallout was much better when it was a turn based strategy/survival RPG, but still enjoyable regardless(as I play Fallout 3 & NV with VATS). I wouldnt call it passable, if anyone likes the western RPG's its either Fallout or Elder Scrolls, everything else is passable.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The game may sell for the first few days, but as soon as X-Play starts ripping it a new one for being rushed and not nearly as good as its previous versions, it will flop much like Fallout NV. Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning sold like hotcakes for the first week due to R.A. Salvatore & Todd McFarlane being on the box, as soon as it was reviewed it all went downhill(and the best way to describe the game is "Everything we were ever promised in a Fable game, but never got").

The companies are honestly at the mercy of review shows/sites with rentals gone the way of the 8-track. And I honestly believe if one of the more popular reviewers ripped on CoD, GTA, or any other major market title, without making it sound like it is simply ranting on an overindulged market, it would hurt sales(just not initial sales).
People really don't give a shit what a reviewer has to say about video games. Maybe if they were from a new company, but not an established company like Rockstar.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
NO WAY will GTA V flop. It's Grand Theft Auto. We've seen the trailer, and I could point out hundreds (not literally) of improvements from GTA IV. I will give you this, since we've seen absolutely no gameplay of the game yet, that maybe Rockstar did something with the physics, but I doubt it'll flop. I'm sure there's a good reason for why Rockstar is taking long in releasing information, but I haven't heard it yet.

I like not seeing too much ahead of time anyways. I tend to enjoy games more when I don't completely ruin my expectations by setting them too high. Too many trailers and previews is what damn nearly ruined Mass Effect 3. EVERYBODY expected the impossible from that game.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
BZRuf.png

GTA V's marketing campaign has been kicked off, with its publisher Rockstar Games creating a site that overtly parodies Scientology.

What you see above is the twelve Tenets of Kifflom, a fictional religion which we can only assume is a fairly important part of the upcoming Grand Theft Auto game’s story along with being the face of the viral marketing campaign set to build anticipation for the games release.

A parody of religious cults, the site contains several pages of beliefs, a religious text called the TRACT which has yet to be written but can be read by those willing to read it (and send money to a fictitious Cayman Islands headquarters), and a full set of testimonials which can be read below.

A unique American religion – expensive, promiscuous and entirely meaningless!!!

Testimonials -

“The Epsilon Tract helped me give up smack”
- Jezz Torrent

“Kifflom changed my life. I used to have a well paid job, a family and good prospects. Now, I’ve given that up to find real meaning in wearing light blue and proclaiming my real religion. Kifflom!’
- Jonas Ackerman, Blueberry, San Andreas

“Much better than Inversion Therapy. My mother sleeps much easier now that I’ve joined the fellowship. Kifflom!”
- Jeremy Smith, San Fierro

“Religion never worked for me, until now!”
- Brian Van Ginsberg, Carcer City

“I was lost. Luckily, I now go to regular meeetings of a cult group and give them lots of money, so everything is okay.”
- Jane Pole, Ohio

“At first, I was nervous about giving up my identity and sleeping with all of those men, but I really enjoy it now.”
- Mary Fortune, Liberty City

“Cris Formage is a genius. It’s a religion without homework!”
- Morgan August, Los Santos, San Andreas.

It is apparently very easy to join Kifflom, all you have to do is “travel through the dawn to the pass pictured in our brochures. Look for a red truck with a dent on the right fender. Raise your left hand and recite the words: “Take me to to my father-father, brother-uncle. Kifflom.” We’ll do the rest. Because we all know, there is Kifflom and there is Krant, and both be praised.

Blindfold required.”

This is not the first time the GTA series has referenced KIFFLOM. GTA San Andreas contained backpackers who would ask you if you were interested in finding a new religion, and who discussed the name KIFFLOM. Curious gamers went searching online for information and found a website for the Epsilon Program, near identical to the one currently online. Is this just a remnant from that viral campaign? Is this Rockstar’s way of signalling the return of the cult? It is difficult to tell at this stage, but we will keep you updated once we learn more.

The mysterious religion also has a twitter account, Epsilon Program (EpsilonismToday) on Twitter, which has so far seen three tweets, ominously reminiscent of cult scripture.

At this stage it is unclear how this relates to GTA V, but I am sure that over time we will start to see more information trickle through and be able to get a clearer picture of where this viral campaign is heading. What do you think? How do you think this relates to GTA V? Do you think this is related to the Kifflom myth in GTA San Andreas?

http://www.epsilonprogram.com/

:lol: Intriguing.

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Three GTA V screenshots have just been released by Rockstar on their official website with the caption at the end of the article reading: "More to come this week..."

QrX3p.jpg

qcAFq.jpg

BNqYa.jpg

Not really new info and will have people complaining yet again about the fact their only screenshots but heck, I'll take any news about the game. The screenshots look amazing and the car and jet look great. Really dig the car. A lot of detail in the game in general it looks like. And the fact that it says more to come hopefully means that a lot of news is gonna start coming soon starting with screenshots.