Grand Theft Auto V *Official Discussion Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ryan

Reaction score
My only issue with GTA4 was Niko, I had to turn off the volume and listen to music because I couldnt stand listening to his voice, it was like a really bad Sasha Baron Cohen impression. That was all made better in Lost and the Damned. A minor issue I was able to get around & continue to enjoy the game.

State of Emergency & Earthworm Jim 3D are 2 other Rockstar games I need to throw out there for not being that good, but I actually liked The Warriors.

What? Get outta here. Niko was the first GTA protagonist that was even somewhat human with real emotion and a good back story. All the others, while likeable, were just straight up killing machines. At least there was depth to Niko and I thought the voice acting was spot on.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Nico's voice annoyed me to no end, thats the only problem I had. Never said anything about his character. Not that I really liked C.J. either for that matter, the only GTA I even remember listening to the game was Lost and the Damned, something about bikers that I really got behind.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I personally thought GTA IV was poor. Thought it took itself far too seriously, and as such, the game was boring once the storyline was over. There was nothing to do. Hated it in comparison to GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Nico's voice annoyed me to no end, thats the only problem I had. Never said anything about his character. Not that I really liked C.J. either for that matter, the only GTA I even remember listening to the game was Lost and the Damned, something about bikers that I really got behind.
So basically you didn't like Niko because he was Russian? :rolleyes:
I personally thought GTA IV was poor. Thought it took itself far too seriously, and as such, the game was boring once the storyline was over. There was nothing to do. Hated it in comparison to GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas.
GTA IV had every reason in the world to take itself seriously.

And as far as there "being nothing to do after the story line was over", what in the fuck did the other GTA games offer once their stories were over? You make it seem like San Andreas, Vice City, and GTA III were so much deeper, when they were actually much more shallow. At least GTA IV had DLC (two VERY good DLC's I might add) and online multiplayer, neither of which any previous GTA game had. Sounds to me like GTA IV had plenty more to do after Niko's story was completed.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
It was more about the Borat character than Niko himself, people were still quoting that movie when I was starting to play GTA4, and it just annoyed the shit out of me, then to hear Niko talk, it just brought it all back. Its kinda like in Assassins Creed 2 when you first meet your uncle, and you hear that same italian accent, you expected him to say his name was Mario before he even quoted the damned plumber.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
San Andreas had modding cars, changing appearance, the business side-missions, BMXs, gambling (not sure if this was in IV, I forget), landscape which was more fun, trains to fuck with, more planes, gang wars. This all sounds insignificant on a mere mention, but when you're spending hour after hour playing a game, this goofy shit makes it all the more playable.

3 and Vice City didn't have as much either, but they were earlier in the series and weren't living up to the same expectations, not to mention they were on a lesser console. Still found both more enjoyable.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
San Andreas had modding cars, changing appearance, the business side-missions, BMXs, gambling (not sure if this was in IV, I forget), landscape which was more fun, trains to fuck with, more planes, gang wars. This all sounds insignificant on a mere mention, but when you're spending hour after hour playing a game, this goofy shit makes it all the more playable.

3 and Vice City didn't have as much either, but they were earlier in the series and weren't living up to the same expectations, not to mention they were on a lesser console. Still found both more enjoyable.
I just don't see how any of that kept you playing the game after you actually beat it. It's not insignificant, but I don't see how not having car mods, gambling, and planes makes GTA IV a dull game and less-playable. I can definitely see how it makes San Andreas unique though. But Niko wasn't the type of character that went around pimping out his ride at chop shops and Liberty City wasn't a gambling city like Las Venturas was. It wouldn't have fit the character or the story to leave that stuff in. Not having planes was a bit of a bummer, I'll give you that, but I still would never say it actually took away from the game experience. You still had bowling, pool, and air hockey though.

GTA IV had trains too, subways that went above and below ground. They even connected at transfer terminals and you could ride around town on multiple lines like you actually can in New York. Vastly superior to San Andreas' trains. There were also criminal side missions you could run in the cop cars with completely different lists of criminals in each borough. You also had the endless series of vigilante missions that every GTA game had. GTA IV also had different wardrobes and places to buy clothes, just not the gangsta type shit C.J. wore.

The only thing that really bummed me out that I felt was lacking in GTA IV was the lack of arena sports like the demolition derbies and racing. There was street racing, but that's not the same. Liberty City didn't really seem to have a sports team either, which is a little weird considering New York is bat shit sports-crazy.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I forgot about the arena sports, they were fun too.

All that extra stuff did keep me playing. With SA, I beat the storyline soon after getting the game (I never came off it, lol, I was addicted), and then that goofy stuff kept me entertained for months, even years. I appreciate Niko was a different character, but then again, doesn't that make him a poor character to build the game around if he's going to hinder your fun?

I was bored of GTA IV within a week of finishing the storyline. It just wasn't the same without the minor things which keep me entertained.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I finished both GTA San Andreas and GTA IV in a week-2 weeks timespan. I just zoned out in front of my LCD in a state of complete flow...with GTA IV, the appeal was basically that it was the first next gen GTA, and nothing else. After I was done with the game, I didn't feel any real compulsion to go back, and besides a few stand out levels, nothing really stood out for me. I don't even remember the majority of the games characters [Besides the main story]. I can say with some degree of finality that San Andreas and Vice City were superior as games, however that doesn't mean that GTA IV was bad, it definitely added some innovative features to the series..it's just that I feel that this generation of consoles has an inverse relation with the previous generation, while graphical quality has improved, and games are more cinematic than ever, the actual quality [gameplay and just general interest] that one feels while gaming has decreased. This may be clouded by my personal bias, as my first actual games consoles were the PS1/2 and Xbox...but still.

I'm also certain that 2012-2013 are the final years of this generation....you know that people are desperate when the final window of releases includes games like Halo: CE, Silent Hill: HD Collection, MGS: HD Collection, Oddbox: HD [The list goes on.] I think the companies have learned their lesson [Specifically MS and Sony] as rumors are floating around that the next gen consoles will only be a marginal increase in terms of processing capability...it's time for something new, and by new, I mean radically new. Different.

I'm not too frightened about GTA V doing much wrong, seeing as to how Rockstar are involved....I'd mark for a Manhunt 3 or Bully 2 as a launch title for the next generation of consoles. [Manhunt 2 Uncut is fucking sick stuff]

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Grand Theft Auto is easily one of the biggest videogame franchises in history, and the next title in the series, Grand Theft Auto 5, is expected to raise the experience to new heights. As of yet, very little is known about the next addition, except that it's set in the Los Angeles-inspired city of Los Santos, last seen in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and players will take on the role of a reformed criminal who finds himself forced back into the game.

As listed on Take-Two's Interactive's official website, the Q1 2013 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Earnings Conference Call is scheduled to go live July 31, 2012, at approximately 4:30 PM Eastern Time. No official information has been given about the purpose of this conference call, but it seems the community around the Grand Theft Auto series is beginning to develop ideas around a possible release date reveal for GTA 5.

Apart from GTA, Take Two is also expected to disclose its plans for other games as well, including XCOM and Bioshock Infinite, and most importantly GTA 5.

Take Two will not be showing GTA 5 at the upcoming Gamescom event, nor the EB Games expo in Sydney, Australia later this year so this will likely be our best shot at some GTA news for a while. Keep your fingers crossed, and we'll let you know what we hear.

Simply head to Take Two’s website and wait for the event to start by clicking this link below.

http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=86428&p=irol-irhome

Hope so. When I wake up after my sleep (4am here), lets hope there is some good news waiting for me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
You'll get your game before March-May 2013.....at the latest. Earlier than that, good for you. I'm going out on a limb and making a prediction. They'll probably want to avoid Halo 4.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Way back in November of last year, Take-Two and Rockstar released the teaser trailer for the next installment in the GTA series, "Grand Theft Auto 5", and the trailer got just about anyone who's played a GTA game excited. The problem now is that ten months later we don't know anymore then we did in November.

The last few months have seen almost no updates on the title. Rockstar did show off two screen shots recently, but they have yet to announce a release date or any details on the story of the game. Rockstar was quoted as saying, "We just have not been in a position to show more of the game than the trailer and will not be for a while yet."

Take-Two, distributor of the game, had their first quarter investor call today and some of the talk circled around "Grand Theft Auto 5", but don't get excited, the news is not very good.

"Strauss, we've heard nothing, next to nothing, on GTA 5 development over the last couple months. We've seen a couple screenshots. The game is believed by the street to be implied by your guidance for this fiscal year, but what believability do we have that this game is actually going to come out this year?" asked Mike Hickey of National Alliance Securities.

CEO of Take-Two, Strauss Zelnick was quick to respond, "We haven't talked about a release date. So obviously we can't talk about the credibility of a release date that we haven't announced."

As the call continued, investors pushed for answers about getting updates for the game, Zelnick again responded, "We wouldn't talk publicly about the way we communicate with our teams internally. We are blessed to be in business with the Rockstar folks and everyone knows that I feel that way. We have the best creative teams in the business across our company."

So for now, the launch date for "Grand Theft Auto V" is still very much up in the air. With the crowded holiday lineup, this Examiner isn't expecting it to come out this year. If GTA5 follows the last game in the series, "Grand Theft Auto 4", we could end up seeing a Spring release for the game, which would no doubt help the drought of games that happens during that time of year.

It would also free up the game of competition, smart business.

WELL FUCK. No new info yet again.

Dademo

Reaction score
Rockstar Games is an incredible company, but are shit at promoting their games. Especially this one. They really blew it. If this game comes out after March 2013, then they completely blew it.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Rockstar Games is an incredible company, but are shit at promoting their games. Especially this one. They really blew it. If this game comes out after March 2013, then they completely blew it.

I agree. I'm thinking May 2013 but then why so close to the next gen of consoles? No chance it will be released by the end of this year. No way.

Dademo

Reaction score
I agree. I'm thinking May 2013 but then why so close to the next gen of consoles? No chance it will be released by the end of this year. No way.

Yep. When they didn't release anything during E3, they blew their chance to release it in October.