Early Plans of John Cena and CM punk for summerslam revealed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
WTF is wrong with that Punk hater . I know everyone is entitled with their own opinion but it is not Punk mistake that he is not getting The main event time . The real reason why Punk is not on the level of Cena is because of Backstage Politics and HHH ego . remember last year afte the great fued With Cena . How HHH and his buddy interfered and Destroyed what would've been one of the best storylines . Its not a hidden fact that HHH ego came in and tried to steal spotlight from punk . I agree with a guy , the reason punk is not so over is because he hasent defeated a true main eveter . Thats the reason i said if Cena is willing to lose cleanly , then its a win-win situation .

As for rating , why do you give a fuck . All i care is about fucking Pro.Wrasslin . Remeber the awersome post written by Paul heymen couple of weeks ago . He said that wrestlers should not be judged over short-term ratings . remeber When SCSA and Rock were headling raws yet still Raw was losing to Nitro but Vince sticked with them and you know the rest . The point is when you build a wrestler it takes time w. Lets talk about last year . there were many Raws which feautered Rock and the ratings were 3.1 or 3.2 . Does this mean Rock is not a draw anymore ?
All WWE need is to book Punk properly , thats the solution to the problem . Let him win cleanly over Cena , Orton , mysterio and Then see what happens to the ratings .

Ever Since Last year , i dont remeber one bad match from Punk . Whether its Raw , Smack Down , PPV and no matter who it is , Bryan , Jericho , Henry or kane , His matches are never boring . hell his matches against Mark henry on Raw where a million time better than most of Cena or Miz matches .

As for the guy who is saying Carlito , miz are more worthy and credible main eventers than Punk ? Really????? If it was not for backstage politics Punk would've been on the level of Cena today . Punk is Far more better than Miz , carlito . BTW How the fuck you can even compare Punk to miz ?? Miz is boring as fuck , Has been doing the current gimmick for ages and is not something special in-ring too . Remember the disaster he and Cena had at Wrestlemania ? I would prefer Bryan over Miz anyday . Bryan is great on mic and i dont need to talk about his in-ring capabilites

So to end the Rant , the bottomline is If WWE Stick to Punk and Bryan and ignore the ratings for short time . We have 2 megastars in making . I know most of may not agree with me , but if they are booked properly and WWE put a little bit faith in them We may see something better than attitude era . Current Roster have BETTER WRESTLES than we had in attitude era . Right now its is filled with talented guys , the problem is with Creative and Vince Brain . Instead of Focusing on new guys we get Big show shoved down our thorats . We have tensai who is midcard at best .

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I found the report slightly humourous when they said that WWE sources apparently don't want Cena to be in the fourth most important match. Do they forget that he has consistently mainevented PPVs even against guys like Big Show and Johnny Ace? He has still closed almost every PPV this year so their biggest draw is getting plenty of exposure.

In saying that Punk vs Cena would be good and makes sense since there aren't many options for either guy to feud leading into SummerSlam. We know that those two work well together so the match would be really good. That plus Lesnar/HHH would be a fantastic start for the SS card.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Cena would put Punk over again. We'd also see a more edgier Punk character a better one than his forced face character. Cena would also interest me a bit more. I'm interested in it. It's not horseshit at all.

You're mental if you think Vince would let Cena lose 2 SummerSlam's in a row to Punk. No. FUCKING. Way. Cena is beating Brock Lesnar of all people these days and Punk can't even main event any PPV that Cena is on, even if he's against a GM. Not to mention he's doing ridiculous things like tapping out to jobbers who lose matches in 18 seconds. I couldn't even buy WWE letting Punk beat Sheamus at the moment, much less Cena a second year in a row. Come on, you know better than that.

Last edited:

#HEELRaghe

Reaction score
The plans, from what I've heard is that Cena will defeat Punk at Summerslam and win the WWE Championship and hold it until the Rumble. Likely throughout the Rumble if the Lesnar/Rock for the WWE Championship falls through.

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
I thought the plans were that Cena will lose the match at SS then win the title at night of champions since It is in his Hometown . It would really piss me off if cena wins the title again .

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I would prefer Cena maineventing if he had the WWE title. At least then we won't see situations like Cena vs. Johnny Ace closing the show, it would be Cena vs. Punk for the WWE title. Then only Lesnar vs. HHH would overshadow the title.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
I've no problem with Cena taking the title off Punk at Night of Champions or even SummerSlam. But they have to turn him heel. I know they wont but imagine how amazing it would be to have Cena lose clean to Punk at SS, get a rematch at NofC and screw Punk with the help of maybe..... Hawkins & Reks...... Ryback....... Mason Ryan...... Young & O'Neal. I'm just shootin the shit here but Christ it'd be great!

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
LOL Irish mark you are day dreaming . DO you think WWE would turn Cena heel now?? after all those chances they had in past . Remember this line " AS LONG AS WWE IS PG , CENA WILL NEVER TURN HEEL" . This era is like the era of Hulk Hogan . John Cena is the modren day hulk hogan . Imagine if at the time of Hogan , they were dirt sheets , people knew how wrestling works , kayfabe e.t.c... We would ripped the shit out of hogan . same goes with Cena . H e is bigger than wwe now , Many people know John Cena and are his fan but dont give 2 fuck about wrestling . Turning John Cena heel means , ending this PG shit . And as long as WWE stay's PG , mr Cena will stay the Superman . Unless a new superman arrives which i dont think has arrived untill now .

getting back to topic even if cena doesnot turns heel but let Punk win cleanly , it would really solidify him . Just like during Orton vs Cena rivalry . Orton won over cena cleanly several times . So if they want to put punk on the level of Cena , HHH . He would have to win or he'll always be over shadowed by the likes of HHH , Cena , lesnar e.t.c..

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
LOL Irish mark you are day dreaming . DO you think WWE would turn Cena heel now?? after all those chances they had in past . Remember this line " AS LONG AS WWE IS PG , CENA WILL NEVER TURN HEEL" . This era is like the era of Hulk Hogan . John Cena is the modren day hulk hogan . Imagine if at the time of Hogan , they were dirt sheets , people knew how wrestling works , kayfabe e.t.c... We would ripped the shit out of hogan . same goes with Cena . H e is bigger than wwe now , Many people know John Cena and are his fan but dont give 2 fuck about wrestling . Turning John Cena heel means , ending this PG shit . And as long as WWE stay's PG , mr Cena will stay the Superman . Unless a new superman arrives which i dont think has arrived untill now .

getting back to topic even if cena doesnot turns heel but let Punk win cleanly , it would really solidify him . Just like during Orton vs Cena rivalry . Orton won over cena cleanly several times . So if they want to put punk on the level of Cena , HHH . He would have to win or he'll always be over shadowed by the likes of HHH , Cena , lesnar e.t.c..

Did u even read what I said??

I've no problem with Cena taking the title off Punk at Night of Champions or even SummerSlam. But they have to turn him heel. I know they wont but imagine how amazing it would be to have Cena lose clean to Punk at SS, get a rematch at NofC and screw Punk with the help of maybe..... Hawkins & Reks...... Ryback....... Mason Ryan...... Young & O'Neal. I'm just shootin the shit here but Christ it'd be great!

AF.

Reaction score
This is a good feud for Punk. His current title run has nothing to do with Cena, and getting the win over Cena even if it's only a once off match will be great for Punk. I guarantee the entire IWC will be sitting on their hands during this match too, nobody wants to see Cena of all people derail this reign by Punk.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Let me get this straight, one of the reasons PSYCH is bagging on Punk is because he hasn't gone over a main eventer like Cena and the solution is to actually put the belt on Cena a guy who they wouldn't let Punk go over cleanly AND HHH for that matter despite them knowing they would be giving him a long title reign and all sorts of other addons.

I'm sorry, but I have absolutely zero faith that John Cena will create a new star, legitimise someone or whatever you want to call it. Here's some info from Wikipedia for anyone to refresh their memories like I had to.

• Nexus angle. Need I say more other than that he ruined one of the most intriguing storylines we had seen for a long time at that time.
  • Lost to Miz at WrestleMania after Rock interference. Gave Miz a talking point but didn't make him as he was the third wheel for the majority of the feud.
  • Beat Miz and Morrison at Extreme Rules 2011 to become WWE Champion then Superman'd it at Over The Limit and made Miz look like a huge piece of shit.
  • Beat R-Truth at Capitol Punishment 2011.
  • Lost to Punk at MITB and in your words, wasn't clean.
  • Lost to Punk at SummerSlam and again wasn't clean due to Trips not seeing the foot on the rope.
  • Beat Del Rio at NOC 2011 for WWE Title but lost it back to him at HIAC when Punk was pinned, Cena was locked outside the cell.
  • Loses to Del Rio in a LMS match. Clean? Nope. Shady ending again with Miz & R-Truth attacking Cena.
  • Made total mugs out of R-Truth & Miz leading into Survivor Series and made the match totally redundant other than it was Rock's return.
  • Turn of the year sees him feuding with Kane, 1 draw and 1 win. Kane gains nothing.
  • WrestleMania feud with The Rock. Finally loses clean, shame it's to someone who doesn't need the rub.
  • HERE COMES THE PAIN! Gets his ass whipped for god knows how long then once again Superman'd it and took out Brock Lesnar.
  • Over The Limit, put in the main event against rising star and future of the company, JOHN LAURANITIS. He even loses to him, but oh wait after interference from Big Show.
  • No Way Out 2012, faces another upcoming talent The Big Show. Unsurprisingly goes over Big Show and in turns costs Johnny his job.

So yeah, excuse me for having doubts that Cena is going to turn anything around and making some legitimate superstars. Look how long he's been out of the picture and he's made NOBODY. Instead of having to be in every main event possible no matter how shit or illogical it was, he should have actually made the next heel main eventer whoever that may have been. John Cena puts over Dolph Ziggler CLEAN for example, Ziggler moves into the title picture and eventually wins the title. As Zigglers title run is coming to an end, Cena moves back into the main event, gets his win back and becomes champion again knowing he's made someone and that his time away from the title wasn't a total bust.

Try and blame Punk for everything imaginable if you want but the simple fact is the WWE title is supposed to be the most important prize in the industry and thus it should be treated as such. If CM Punk is supposedly good enough to be your WWE Champion, to represent you in all the media outlets, to be the face of your new video game and god knows what else, then he's damn sure good enough to close your PPV. Don't give me this rubbish about the fans being burned out or whatever it is, CM Punk is still mad over and the fans will be invested and entertained in whatever match he's in that would close the show. If the WWE continues to portray him as a middle of the card guy despite being WWE Champion, that's what people are going to see him as.

Also, don't try giving me all this crap that Cena will bring meaning to the WWE title and everything will be fixed once he's held it again because that's just shit.
With them insisting that Cena has to be in every main event even without the belt, whenever Cena loses the belt it's going to back to this supposed dark place that it's in now, behind Cena on PPV's. Him holding the belt is only a temporary fix and for it to be a proper fix he needs to go on the card before the WWE Championship.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
Agreewith u dale , cena will never put anybody over , but the main thing i care about is pro.wrestling . I dont give a fuck if wwe title match is an opener match or main event . Or i really dont care if putting title on bryan would lose its "prestige" . Serously belts are just props . If wwe dont give a fuck why should we . I use to care but now i dont . All i want is good wrestling . Thats it . If wwe cared about title , it would've been main event of every ppv . Imagine the way they were building big show , they built daniel bryan or ziggler . Yet all the main event time was spent on that old ass piece of shit .
Right now wwe have no idea what to do with cena . He is completely useless at this time . So they are putting him into random fueds with show ,jericho and now just because of him wwe mitb match has only becomes for former wwe champions. Good way to ruin a great ppv. Right now vince and creative have nothing for cena . Why cant cena just fucks off tv , or his ego wont let him go . Seriously this guy needs to push someone over . Look at punk , he has been losing to bryan and even elevating him , solidifying him . If cena wins the mitb match , it will just prove how big of a egomanic cena is .

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Sure PSYCH will grasp at straws and bring up a bunch of irrelevant shit that still won't disspell the fact that the whole put the belt on Cena to make things all better thing is a flawed idea. The only tiny thing I disagree with is the Punk/Cena feud not putting Punk over mostly the MITB win not so much the SS one. It may have not been a super clean way to win but it wasn't really a dirty win either and like i said before big picture he did win the feud with Cena and it propelled him as a main eventer to back his shoot promos and such. Just thing is they messed up after mitb but doing the very pointless Punk won but Cena's foot on the rope and never did anything with that and then had Punk lose the belt when he shouldn't have. Then of course not having him go over HHH which he might as well have done since HHH ended up not being COO at one point. Then of course them catering to Cena which is understandable in a sense but they've done it too much. They've put a lot into Punk as pointed out with the game, being on fallon, tons of media, leaning on him etc just haven't gone all the way with him for him to truly threaten Cena as face of WWE which isn't gonna change just because Cena holds the belt and then drops it clean to Punk. It's all about what happens after the fact which they did somewhat incorrectly after MITB.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Well the Cena/Punk and whether he went over clean or not, I was using his words from the MITB match so with that being a dirty finish, the SummerSlam one also had to be classed as dirty.

The whole thing I find hilarious is that he's painting the picture that CM Punk is the problem and John Cena is the saviour, when half of the reasons he's given for Punk being the problem are directly because of John Cena's actions, it's so assbackwards that's hilarious.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah I figured that was your point about the clean/dirty thing I was just putting that out there as I thought the MITB win was clean enough SS on the other hand is a different story.

And pretty much but he just refuses to blame the company or Cena and always wants to down Punk cause the internet loves him I guess the same way he always downed Orton, Beth, Mickie, Jericho, etc because they are IWC favs or whatever.