Early Plans of John Cena and CM punk for summerslam revealed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I said Miz, you cats said Morrison. I said Truth you guys said lol. I said Cody and Ted yall laughed. Y'all said heel Punk, I said lol that jobber. I was behind Jeff I remember, and Matt over Christian. I never supported Randy, and I remember teasing sal aout calling cabana the future when FCW was chanting you can't wrestle at him. Oh yeah I backed Casper and started the WS ratings stick back on WF with Henry on ecw. Good Ol days

I'll never support youth for the sake of the fact they are youth. You have to be good, not just young. The last group of talent that had it in them to be the focus were Carlito, MVP, Masters, Lashley, and Kennedy IMO. Ideally they would be at the top now but Carlito loved to bitch on the radio and fuck up his pushes, MVP wasn't even cleared for overseas work in a lot of areas because of his past, Masters got hit with wellness, Lashley got pussy whipped, and Kennedy had a combo of things fuck him up. Marcus Cor Von could be in this list as well as I think he would have been a top guy on ECW, then SD, and then raw

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'd say Ziggler is the level of Carlito, MVP and Kennedy now where they needed to a push to stay relevant and not forgotten about. And yeah Miz needs something to work with. Having someone like Miz doing nothing is just sad, they had the ball rolling with him for sure to be something special.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I said Miz, you cats said Morrison. I said Truth you guys said lol. I said Cody and Ted yall laughed. Y'all said heel Punk, I said lol that jobber. I was behind Jeff I remember, and Matt over Christian. I never supported Randy, and I remember teasing sal aout calling cabana the future when FCW was chanting you can't wrestle at him. Oh yeah I backed Casper and started the WS ratings stick back on WF with Henry on ecw. Good Ol days

I'll never support youth for the sake of the fact they are youth. You have to be good, not just young. The last group of talent that had it in them to be the focus were Carlito, MVP, Masters, Lashley, and Kennedy IMO. Ideally they would be at the top now but Carlito loved to bitch on the radio and fuck up his pushes, MVP wasn't even cleared for overseas work in a lot of areas because of his past, Masters got hit with wellness, Lashley got pussy whipped, and Kennedy had a combo of things fuck him up.
Don't wanna get far off topic but um I always was a Miz fan as long as you were I just happened to like both but never said Morrison over Miz was Miz over Morrison for me. And with Punk I support Punk face, heel whatever and always felt and feel he should be main event level as either. The stuff I was referring to is how you were like instead of using HHH and Taker to build the future so WWE won't be fucked when they're done you just were like nah screw that just make them always do big matches with each other instead.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Oh... Yah I said that at WM. I don't pay $65 to see Taker downgrade in his streak matches be it quality (Wade and the others can't work as well) or caliber (I like Dolph and Cody but really from HBK, HHH, Edge, Dave to them). Its a bang for the buck thing as it pertains to the wm price tag

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'd say Ziggler is the level of Carlito, MVP and Kennedy now where they needed to a push to stay relevant and not forgotten about. And yeah Miz needs something to work with. Having someone like Miz doing nothing is just sad, they had the ball rolling with him for sure to be something special.
Agree with you about Miz. I see something there with him even as a face as I think he could pull off a cocky own the fans get behind very well. I still see more in Swagger than I do Dolph, as I think him as a face could be a Kurt Angle clone. I know Dlph can work, but I find myself always thinking Mr. Ass or One Billy Gunn looking at him

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I haven't paid for a PPV since Lockdown 2006 to be precise. That PPV was awesome so I'm still above and beyond the protocol. WWE has enough of my money from t-shirts, DVDs and every WM until I started downloading full-time.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They get my cash for the Rumble, Chamber, SSlam, and Mania. I pay $40 or a discounted stream with no lag for the rest of wwe and all tna ppvs and use a VGA cable. I just get the others out of Walmart or off ioffer

!PHENOM!

Reaction score
yeah.....that could be great to make cena 13 time champion....punk holds the wwe title over 6 months now so time for cena get the title ...

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Punk has had a great run with WWE title and he is not the ratings killer some of you claim he is hell at one stage he was outselling John Cena in Merch sales then came that disastrous feud with Triple H and Nash that he wasn't even apart of.

Then after winning the WWE title there was the royal rumble, then the Elimination Chamber which I felt he should've gone last in that PPV, then Wrestlemania well he was never going to go over the Rock, Extreme Rules despite Lesnar being there his match should've been last and after all that he should've had the last match from Over the Limit and onwards and the fact that he hasn't is stupid.

I do agree however that he could do with putting on a bit of muscle but overall I hardly think he looks that bad.

Now onto Cena Saiyans who exactly has Cena made a star because everyone who has come into contact with him has come off worse for wear unless of course they were already a made star like Batista or Triple H and if you say Punk I say wrong Punk made himself no one made Punk hell Punk was pretty much buried by Triple H and he still managed to keep himself over not many people could do that.

Cena is the same as Hogan and Austin never putting others over unless there already well established.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Loved their feud last year and thought it ended a little too soon so I kinda like the idea of this. I say kinda because I hope the feud has a great story behind it and also don't want Cena to take the belt off of Punk unless they have a long term feud.

And that right there is the reason I am against it. Loved their feud last year (for the most part) and yes it did end one ppv too soon, but having killed then I think it is too soon to return to it and it is not worth another summerslam main event or semi-final just to have Cena involved in a big match.

As for Punk being a credible main event, but not the GUY, I don't see why he couldn't be that guy if WWE gave him the chance. Special talents come along every so often and Punk is one of them WWE need to make the most of that.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
If this is true, I'm interested to see how they set it up. The two have nothing to do with each other at the moment.

I concur, unless one of these guys are turning heel

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
I concur, unless one of these guys are turning heel

I already solved this non-problem:

This one's easy to book. Assuming Punk beats Kane and/or Bryan at MitB, have him cut a worked shoot promo about how he still isn' getting the respect he deserves as WWE champ, how Cena is still in the same spot he was a year ago; how Punk can't get in the main event even though he's the third longest reigning WWE champ in 15 years blah blah blah. I'd have Punk retain at SS but lose it to Cena at Night of Champions in Cena's home town, Boston, much like Punk won it in Chicago last yr.

Blujay

Reaction score
Did that 30 minute match they had where Punk was taking it to Cena and looked credible against him in the ring not happen or am I just crazy? Fuck ratings. They shouldn't matter to you. You're not working there. I never knew how many people change the channel when a certain wrestler is on the air should, would, and could influence my personal appreciation or disdain for a wrestler.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
This is some serious horseshit if it happens. Punk's reign has been nowhere near long enough and Cena doesn't need a 14'th title reign.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
This is some serious horseshit if it happens. Punk's reign has been nowhere near long enough and Cena doesn't need a 14'th title reign.

Cena would put Punk over again. We'd also see a more edgier Punk character a better one than his forced face character. Cena would also interest me a bit more. I'm interested in it. It's not horseshit at all.