Early Plans of John Cena and CM punk for summerslam revealed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
To be honest, most of the times I just don't read what he says because his posts are so predictable and you just know that he will try and attack your favourites in whatever way possible and stoop to whatever desperate means necessary to try and get his point across. I just wish he was an elaborate troll, but he's not :(

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
Cena will most likely win the briefcase at MitB and become the first guy to cash it in "Fairly," ya know, babyface the shit outta the briefcase. But would WWE be brave enough to have Cena become the first guy ever to unsuccessfully cash in briefase (or the suitcase as CenaNuff called it twice on raw)??

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It's not trolling to state facts. It's hard to ignore them. A guy who majored in CRJU with a double minor in Econ and History, as well as got an endorsement in tv and film production ain't going to bypass facts and figures. It ain't how the real works, how business works, and it's maddening that people don't get supply-demand and cost-benefit analysis to me. Might just be me though and how I think and weigh things which allows me to say yeah I get why they do that and have to do that, don't like it, but I would do the same in business like in the Kelly thread

But let's get this straight, Cena should say take him out the main event when people buy the tickets to see him close shows, buy the merch, tune in to watch him more, and knowing the final spot gets the cruel bigger payout on the card, in what world would any business man do that when he knows he is out right better than Punk, Bryan, and the other guys he's be pitted against. Why would he do that? I know I sure as hell wouldn't and neither would any of you if you were in his shoes, nor would you ask him to if you were Vince because it's a god damn business.

Rock and Brock are bigger so Cena headlines by default. Hell it ain't super manning Brock if you hit the guy in the head with a chain in the temple and never cheat to win, and there are even less guys lining up to take the shots Cena took clean; Hell Bock walked off post match while Cena sat beaten. Show wasn't clean, unless we are ignoring 5 guys and Vince himself helping to only win by 2 seconds. Nexus as a angle was doomed because Wade was green as horse shit and still is which is why he hadn't worked a single normal match in his last 5 healthy months that was not a squash; Punk killed it though just like every other stable he's touched so you can pin the blame on him too technically.

The point is that there is no legitimacy in Punk and Bryan as the main champion and main challenger for the belt that defines the company. Punk needs better wins under his belt and Bryan needs to not be a joke of a challenger who got his clock cleaned in 18 seconds and who also has not went over anyone meaningful, which is why AJ is the center point and why Kane got added. They simply need to do better. Punk needs to get better challengers who are legit for that title. Hes had a long run but beat no one, sure his matches have been good, but his run is the same shit as Christian or Matt with the ECW strap basically as there is no way in hell either guy headlines in years past let alone one vs one with their ack of build and credibility and you all know it, the fans know it, and they show it when they change the fucking channel. Hell you guys aren't even paying to support them by buying a damn ppv and merch or even watching SD when it is broadcast on SyFy and you know it.

Cena is legit. Whether you love or hate the guy, you know he's legit. You know he's the face of the company and has been. You know there isn't a guy on the full time roster who brings instant credibility to any feud in the eyes of sheep than Cena, so let's not pretend differently. Let's not act like Cena wouldn't bring wonders to the belt as its champion or chaser, and that more people wouldn't tune in to the segments involving it and get more eyes on Punk, Bryan, or whoever they line up for him than they would with one another. It's nonsensical and you all know it.

I'm not saying squash Punk, I'm saying have him drop the damn belt and come back for it in a series to make him legit where he gets closer and closer to he finally beats him clean with the world watching and they acknowledged mutual respect. Then and only then can Punk ever make someone like Bryan and truly help them and the company, as well as close out ppvs and raws.

As for not liking people let me hit that list one by one

Mickie - her ring work sucked her last months and she couldn't even hit her finishers right and was outright sloppy

Christian - always said solid wrestler, shitty heel, better face and the least important of the 6 in the TLC wars and just got overrated and a title run solely because he is the KAYFABE brother of Edge

Beth - never said her work was bad, just that she was mannish at times and lacked the impressiveness of Chyna with her strength in comparison to her physique and Glamazon push

Natalya - fugly, boring drone which is in the blood, and over rated in the ring as she never once showed great in a wwe ring and was out worked by a Melina, McCool, Layla, Candice pre collar bone, and Mickie when Trish carried her easy

Bryan - don't think I ever really bashed the work, just the credibility as he really has beat no one decisively who matters, and mocked the butt hurt after WM because the same people who were in an uproar after he was squashed like when he was fired could have saved him if they actually supported him that vocally before hand over sitting on their ass and not being a real damn fan that watched him, cheered for him, bought his shit, paid for a ppv or two, and didn't suddenly get stunned when they got reality checked

Punk - everyone knows I hate heel punk nd think he is a joke because he has always been one, likewise I'll give him credit for his ring and mic work but will never say he's the best because there are guys who are better at both, and I give him the most shit largely because his run with the title has been the weakest run in terms of value and being memorable in the past decade as his opponents really aren't that special and it hurts the title Austin, Cena, Dave, and others had great runs with as it deserves better than this shit prop or not as do paying fans

Jericho - I have always said the same thing about him, not a tier 1 star, shitty music, and takes bad loses to the likes of JTG which hurts guys like Punk when they meet him and go over as no guy who goes over Rock and Austin should lose all willy nilly because he doesn't help the others like Punk become cemented or elevates the Kofis at all when he loses to them.

END RANT

Oh and I never said Carlito, MVP, and Kennedy were better main eventers than Punk.i said they make better and more believable WWE title challengers than ahit like Del Rio, Bryan, and Dolph as their characters were more fleshed out, were more seasoned, and more over. Just all around more ready than the current challengers for wither main title aside from Kane and that's the truth.

Likewise I never said Miz was better than Punk. Punk is better in the ring. I prefer Miz because I rather listen to him talk and loved his evolution and progress before he seemingly hit a wall improvement wise. I would watch Punk over him as an individual, but Miz had a better and more entertaining reign in terms of value.

OKAY I'M DONE NOW!

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'll let Dale if he read it respond to the Cena stuff since that was a response mostly to him though I doubt you successfully refuted his point. Thing that caught my attention was you saying his title reign is the weakest of this decade which is 100% bullshit or you're just pulling a pyro and not caring about in ring work. In ring work his reign has been damn good as his string of matches since having the belt has been full of entertaining wrestling matches. Feuds could be better but they have been good enough as his feud with Jericho was good (more so the 2nd half of it) and his feud with Bryan/Kane has been shockingly great. No Punk isn't having some once in a lifetime reign but he is doing the best job he can with what he has been given which is half assed feuds that don't get enough build or pretty much none at all in the case of him vs Ziggler. Man has no top heel counterparts to work with like the guys you mentioned in Batista and Cena, isn't getting to end shows but still makes the shit work.

Guy has been faced with stuff all at once that no other WWE champ can say they have been faced with and still making it work the best he can but you give him no credit. That is really my biggest beef with you on this is that you give him no credit and blame him like it's fault WWE has its weakest batch of heels in a very long time that he has to work with and got 90's Hogan circa aka Cena that they have to cater to. The cred of the belt and his reign period is fine if you consider the circumstance he is in and not compare him to other champs like he got to work with the same caliber of talent cred wise that they did which is out of his control. In a nutshell his reign is 96 HBK title reign all over again in the sense that they were both in shitty circumstances but both were being leaned on heavily by WWE cause they were badly needed and still had really good reigns mostly because the matches were good/great.

As for the rest Mickie not gonna really deny that about her but one month doesn't piss away a whole career. Nattie okay fair enough on the boring but the overrated in ring stuff not really. Bryan fully stand by you hating on him cause the IWC has always had a hardon for him. Your reason for why you said you hate on him isn't even a real reason. Christian same as Bryan. Beth that just confused the hell out of me with the Chyna stuff but whatever. Jericho no argument from me there though feel like you short change him on his overall talent.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
It's not trolling to state facts. It's hard to ignore them. A guy who majored in CRJU with a double minor in Econ and History, as well as got an endorsement in tv and film production ain't going to bypass facts and figures. It ain't how the real works, how business works, and it's maddening that people don't get supply-demand and cost-benefit analysis to me. Might just be me though and how I think and weigh things which allows me to say yeah I get why they do that and have to do that, don't like it, but I would do the same in business like in the Kelly thread

But let's get this straight, Cena should say take him out the main event when people buy the tickets to see him close shows, buy the merch, tune in to watch him more, and knowing the final spot gets the cruel bigger payout on the card, in what world would any business man do that when he knows he is out right better than Punk, Bryan, and the other guys he's be pitted against. Why would he do that? I know I sure as hell wouldn't and neither would any of you if you were in his shoes, nor would you ask him to if you were Vince because it's a god damn business.

Rock and Brock are bigger so Cena headlines by default. Hell it ain't super manning Brock if you hit the guy in the head with a chain in the temple and never cheat to win, and there are even less guys lining up to take the shots Cena took clean; Hell Bock walked off post match while Cena sat beaten. Show wasn't clean, unless we are ignoring 5 guys and Vince himself helping to only win by 2 seconds. Nexus as a angle was doomed because Wade was green as horse shit and still is which is why he hadn't worked a single normal match in his last 5 healthy months that was not a squash; Punk killed it though just like every other stable he's touched so you can pin the blame on him too technically.

The point is that there is no legitimacy in Punk and Bryan as the main champion and main challenger for the belt that defines the company. Punk needs better wins under his belt and Bryan needs to not be a joke of a challenger who got his clock cleaned in 18 seconds and who also has not went over anyone meaningful, which is why AJ is the center point and why Kane got added. They simply need to do better. Punk needs to get better challengers who are legit for that title. Hes had a long run but beat no one, sure his matches have been good, but his run is the same shit as Christian or Matt with the ECW strap basically as there is no way in hell either guy headlines in years past let alone one vs one with their ack of build and credibility and you all know it, the fans know it, and they show it when they change the fucking channel. Hell you guys aren't even paying to support them by buying a damn ppv and merch or even watching SD when it is broadcast on SyFy and you know it.

Cena is legit. Whether you love or hate the guy, you know he's legit. You know he's the face of the company and has been. You know there isn't a guy on the full time roster who brings instant credibility to any feud in the eyes of sheep than Cena, so let's not pretend differently. Let's not act like Cena wouldn't bring wonders to the belt as its champion or chaser, and that more people wouldn't tune in to the segments involving it and get more eyes on Punk, Bryan, or whoever they line up for him than they would with one another. It's nonsensical and you all know it.

I'm not saying squash Punk, I'm saying have him drop the damn belt and come back for it in a series to make him legit where he gets closer and closer to he finally beats him clean with the world watching and they acknowledged mutual respect. Then and only then can Punk ever make someone like Bryan and truly help them and the company, as well as close out ppvs and raws.

As for not liking people let me hit that list one by one

Mickie - her ring work sucked her last months and she couldn't even hit her finishers right and was outright sloppy

Christian - always said solid wrestler, shitty heel, better face and the least important of the 6 in the TLC wars and just got overrated and a title run solely because he is the KAYFABE brother of Edge

Beth - never said her work was bad, just that she was mannish at times and lacked the impressiveness of Chyna with her strength in comparison to her physique and Glamazon push

Natalya - fugly, boring drone which is in the blood, and over rated in the ring as she never once showed great in a wwe ring and was out worked by a Melina, McCool, Layla, Candice pre collar bone, and Mickie when Trish carried her easy

Bryan - don't think I ever really bashed the work, just the credibility as he really has beat no one decisively who matters, and mocked the butt hurt after WM because the same people who were in an uproar after he was squashed like when he was fired could have saved him if they actually supported him that vocally before hand over sitting on their ass and not being a real damn fan that watched him, cheered for him, bought his shit, paid for a ppv or two, and didn't suddenly get stunned when they got reality checked

Punk - everyone knows I hate heel punk nd think he is a joke because he has always been one, likewise I'll give him credit for his ring and mic work but will never say he's the best because there are guys who are better at both, and I give him the most shit largely because his run with the title has been the weakest run in terms of value and being memorable in the past decade as his opponents really aren't that special and it hurts the title Austin, Cena, Dave, and others had great runs with as it deserves better than this shit prop or not as do paying fans

Jericho - I have always said the same thing about him, not a tier 1 star, shitty music, and takes bad loses to the likes of JTG which hurts guys like Punk when they meet him and go over as no guy who goes over Rock and Austin should lose all willy nilly because he doesn't help the others like Punk become cemented or elevates the Kofis at all when he loses to them.

END RANT

Oh and I never said Carlito, MVP, and Kennedy were better main eventers than Punk.i said they make better and more believable WWE title challengers than ahit like Del Rio, Bryan, and Dolph as their characters were more fleshed out, were more seasoned, and more over. Just all around more ready than the current challengers for wither main title aside from Kane and that's the truth.

Likewise I never said Miz was better than Punk. Punk is better in the ring. I prefer Miz because I rather listen to him talk and loved his evolution and progress before he seemingly hit a wall improvement wise. I would watch Punk over him as an individual, but Miz had a better and more entertaining reign in terms of value.

OKAY I'M DONE NOW!

I have no problem with people, even grown men liking Cena. I dont understand it but I accept it. Punk & Bryan are better than Cena in some ways, Cena is better than Punk & Bryan in others. I couldn't be arsed reading ur pointless rant, I skimmed the first paragrph, got the jist. I disagree.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Mak

I said the matches are good but the value itself isn't where I would like a wee title reign to
be at all. Aside from Cena he hasn't had one standout feud, hell his best match of his wwe career, feud, promos and everything was with Cena

The matches itself are good, but it has no umph. I would say Christians ECW title reign had great wrestling, but it lacked value. Now Big Show on the other hand lacked in the wrestling quality but it is so memorable and made you say damn he's that guy or the man in ECW. To me Punk has had The quality matches but he hasn't had a run that they will mark down and say damn he's that damn good or the best champ ever possibly.

It's just lacking. When I think of runs with more value for the title and the guy I think HHH in 2000, Rock in 01, Austin, Taker as Big Evil, Cena in 07, Dave and Edge with the World title on SD, or JBLs year. They were memorable, something you look back at and say damn they were good as the guy. Now you might pick up a dvd years from now and say damn Pubk wrestled well, but at the end of the day it ain't the same because you may forget he was the champion. They don't even make the belt the main talking point anymore for him. It wasn't in the Jericho feud, isn't with AJ now, wasn't with Trips, and wasn't evennwhennhe was chasing ADR to get it back. It boggles the mind because I know Rey had a dud first reign as did Benoit, but boy they had the memorable win and the belt they had which was a grade lower was still talked about at all times. It's like here is Punk, his opponent, the feud for some randomness, and oh yeah the title is on the line.

Mickie was more than a month; they just booked her strictly with one of Beth or LayCool after she was so sloppy with Rosa, Gail, Kelly, Maryse, and Alicia and that was before the Piggy shtick. . Natalya is an I'm still waiting to see it, as she hasn't really put it together. Beth like I said was built as unstoppable, got thrown in the rumble, and she just doesn't have the same it Chyna had or the strength to pull it off as she struggles even lifting lite men so they turned me off with the Glamazon shit.

Bryan love annoys me and causes the hate more so because his guys are the same ones who weren't even supporting him with the case or the title and then got outraged like how dare you pull the rug from under him, but ignoring the fact they too were shitting on him on just not caring and then wanted to get irrate as they were the same ones not watching nxt for him and so on; I could like the bastard if I didn't have to read the hardon and know they would turn on him just off ring skills alone like I did Finlay or Benoit

Christian to me for years was just there as I always noticed Matt, Jeff, Edge, Bubba, and Dvon in that order before him in their glory days, and likewise it was annoying as hell watching them struggle to get him over by himself when they split him and Edge by using DDP, Trish, Patriotism, Jericho, a body gaurd, Rock, and every other ploy they had only for him to leave when he finally got there. I mean it took forever, two brands, getting credit for taking Book out, the IC title being revived, Trish, DDP, Rock putting him and the peeps stick over on the mic, having to fake burning a flag almost, and some ass cream to get him over only to leave. Then he returned, not really different as his skills were better before he left in the ring, just he was much more confident as you could see when he walked out on ECW. Then he came in as a face put on damn good matches and was somewhat funny as a face with the looney tunes references and talk show host gig, but the fans were lukewarm to the guy on every Raw 3 hour show he would come out on. Then he got a title reign and we all know it solely to please Edge and say thank you because he got forced to retire, not because Christian was that good or deserving on his own merit, but as a favor, and that was about as fucked up as when Rey won but at least Rey was more credible victories wise. Then they made him the whinniest fucking heel in history, almost a repeat of his 2002 shit with DDP as a crybaby. Then he got hurt and came back, and he's been much more tolerable and fun to watch. I will never say lets go Christian (well I will this month it seems) but damn he can work and have a solid niche like Piper and Perfect did, and I'll respect that. I'm less bitter now though that the fucker got the reign and Matt got fucked over years ago when he was hotter than Christian could ever dream of being most of their career and always had him beat with fan reaction and selling.

Jericho to me is talented in that ring. He's talented on the mic too when he is that Y2J guy. I just can't stand the music. I can't stand people trying to act like he is a top star in the same category as a Michaels let alone HHH let alone Austin let alone Cena or Rock. That is what is frustrating. The way people talk about him and then call the title "a prop you shouldn't over value" doesn't go hand in hand. They look at his resume and say beat Rock and Austin on same night, first undisputed champ, multiple titles int eh company ..... Main event talent at its best. It's that the gets me and they get defensive when you say he's a upper Midcard, b brand, or transition guy and then point out that he wasn't even the focus of his undisputed reign every challenger was, or that his band has never been a successful as Cenas music career despite Cena having less exposure from not being inthe attitude era, or the fact he himself admits to having a Virgil like signing despite advertising, and had his outside show cancelled after every critic trashed the concept and his hosting abilities. Jericho to me is the Foley of his era, which is great, but he just isn't that guy who he should and could have been. If he was smart, beating Jericho would mean the world to a lot of guys,mbut he jobbed so often and so wrongly that he hurt himself and the aloft for others, and to topic off he isn't an ass kicker or menacing at all to just suddenly become credible like Kane or Show so that when you knock them off even after jobbing you get a rub and WOW out the fans. I would watch him wrestle every day for 20 minutes no problem, listen to him talk most of the time, but boy I thought they were fuckign trolling me when they brought him back as the star to feud against Punk for the title at WM because he ain't that big a star or that good. To be fair he writes a good book too

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I have no problem with people, even grown men liking Cena. I dont understand it but I accept it. Punk & Bryan are better than Cena in some ways, Cena is better than Punk & Bryan in others. I couldn't be arsed reading ur pointless rant, I skimmed the first paragrph, got the jist. I disagree.
I ain't even Cenas biggest fan. I respect the fuck out of the guy for what he does in the ring and for the company, as well as what he means to the business. I was a Dave and Trips/Taker/Michaels guy, always was and always will be, but I respect the hell out of him and can give him credit for being the force he is. Take note that I wasn't an Austin guy either, respected him, but leaned to Rock always as well as BOD, but much like Austin was a neccessary force in 98 and 01, so is John. To me that title needs John and Punk needs John.

Too much of Punks reign has been not about him as champion or the belt but silly shit like AA, AJ, Ace, and so on. His challengers haven't even been remotely that credible sicne Cena stepped away from him, as the most credible guy he has faced is Kane and they only have him fluke winning thanks to AJ still. It's just a spinning wheel.

I want the title to matter. I want guys to want the belt and the belt to be the focus. No matter how much Cena piases you off, when he would mouth the words "The champ is here" it was legit and people would flock to see him defend it for the W or L and it was the focus. Guys in the words of Flair wanted to beat the man to be the man with him.

I think Cena going up against Punk and taking the strap off Punk will do wonders for all involved. The title gets credibility and focus. Punk should get a tweak and fire under him on tv and want it back. Other guys should want to beat the Peter boy.

Let Punk go over Cena doesn't the line after laying it, but make it a series spread out over 6 months or so like when Rock would chase Trips. Have a detour here and there for two of the months in there or so but let them tear the house down over that belt with all eyes on them, and that is where you have Punk become legit. You have him get close and beat Cena clean. Post match you have Cena even acknowledge him and then you let Cena go off to the Rumble and Mania for whatever big match they have him penciled in to make money for.

After and if that happens above, I got news for you. Punk can face a Del Rio, a Bryan, a Dolph, and people will say he's legit and if those guys have that great showing or beat him they will be legit as opposed to it being oh well, good match but who cares about the result like when they face him now.

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
Title gets credibilty??? it is just a fucking prop for the storylines . titles means shit to me . WWE dont give a fuck about title , vince doesnot gives a fuck . Why are you crying about getting back prestige to title . Stars are created not born . Punk can easily be more over than cena , but WWE has been putting him in lameass storyline , he never gets main event time . This past Raw , we had him in an OPENER MATCH . A WWE CHAMPION IN AN OPENER MATCH . Punk has always been wandering in the shadowns of Cena . He is not on the level of cena . Back in 08-09 Orton and Cena were on the same page. Orton pinned cena cleanly in several matches , during their fued . and thats what Punk want right now . 1 or 2 clean wins over Cena . Thats it . Imagine Punk defeats Cena cleanly at Summerslam , without distractions , without anyother B.S . Just cleanly pins him in the middle of ring . He will instantly get to the level of Cena and HHH.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Basically just skipped over my whole post and went off on a tangent as per usual, but it's what I was expecting :rolleyes:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
lol I agree with a lot SAIYANS says but he puts it in such an arseholish 'matter of factly' way that I can see why most peoples troll alarm is going off.

I disagree with his stuff on Punk, he COULD of been 'that guy' last year had they capitalised on all the sudden outside interest in him. Media were going Punk mad, and people I know who haven't watched wrestling in years were suddenly intrigued again. There may of even been a finger on the trigger for another 'boom period'.

Then they put the brakes on that momentum train by having him lose to part timer Haitch and boring ass Del Rio and all the good work is lost. If Punk had gotten a Cena-esque push to the moon there is no doubt he would of been bigger than Cena, he is a more likeable guy and easier to relate to than Mr Towing The Company Line. Pairing him with Daniel Bryan hasn't captured my interest as noted in other threads but that's because I consider Danielson a lost cause anyway.

Anyway, on the thread topic, I like the idea, if only for the fact I was expecting something like Punk/Big Show & Cena/Tensai by this time. This sounds much better.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Nattie's not fugly.

That is all i have to say.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He has an ass n tits sure but that jaw and build ain't womanly

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Mak

I said the matches are good but the value itself isn't where I would like a wee title reign to
be at all. Aside from Cena he hasn't had one standout feud, hell his best match of his wwe career, feud, promos and everything was with Cena

The matches itself are good, but it has no umph. I would say Christians ECW title reign had great wrestling, but it lacked value. Now Big Show on the other hand lacked in the wrestling quality but it is so memorable and made you say damn he's that guy or the man in ECW. To me Punk has had The quality matches but he hasn't had a run that they will mark down and say damn he's that damn good or the best champ ever possibly.

It's just lacking. When I think of runs with more value for the title and the guy I think HHH in 2000, Rock in 01, Austin, Taker as Big Evil, Cena in 07, Dave and Edge with the World title on SD, or JBLs year. They were memorable, something you look back at and say damn they were good as the guy. Now you might pick up a dvd years from now and say damn Pubk wrestled well, but at the end of the day it ain't the same because you may forget he was the champion. They don't even make the belt the main talking point anymore for him. It wasn't in the Jericho feud, isn't with AJ now, wasn't with Trips, and wasn't evennwhennhe was chasing ADR to get it back. It boggles the mind because I know Rey had a dud first reign as did Benoit, but boy they had the memorable win and the belt they had which was a grade lower was still talked about at all times. It's like here is Punk, his opponent, the feud for some randomness, and oh yeah the title is on the line.

Mickie was more than a month; they just booked her strictly with one of Beth or LayCool after she was so sloppy with Rosa, Gail, Kelly, Maryse, and Alicia and that was before the Piggy shtick. . Natalya is an I'm still waiting to see it, as she hasn't really put it together. Beth like I said was built as unstoppable, got thrown in the rumble, and she just doesn't have the same it Chyna had or the strength to pull it off as she struggles even lifting lite men so they turned me off with the Glamazon shit.

Bryan love annoys me and causes the hate more so because his guys are the same ones who weren't even supporting him with the case or the title and then got outraged like how dare you pull the rug from under him, but ignoring the fact they too were shitting on him on just not caring and then wanted to get irrate as they were the same ones not watching nxt for him and so on; I could like the bastard if I didn't have to read the hardon and know they would turn on him just off ring skills alone like I did Finlay or Benoit

Christian to me for years was just there as I always noticed Matt, Jeff, Edge, Bubba, and Dvon in that order before him in their glory days, and likewise it was annoying as hell watching them struggle to get him over by himself when they split him and Edge by using DDP, Trish, Patriotism, Jericho, a body gaurd, Rock, and every other ploy they had only for him to leave when he finally got there. I mean it took forever, two brands, getting credit for taking Book out, the IC title being revived, Trish, DDP, Rock putting him and the peeps stick over on the mic, having to fake burning a flag almost, and some ass cream to get him over only to leave. Then he returned, not really different as his skills were better before he left in the ring, just he was much more confident as you could see when he walked out on ECW. Then he came in as a face put on damn good matches and was somewhat funny as a face with the looney tunes references and talk show host gig, but the fans were lukewarm to the guy on every Raw 3 hour show he would come out on. Then he got a title reign and we all know it solely to please Edge and say thank you because he got forced to retire, not because Christian was that good or deserving on his own merit, but as a favor, and that was about as fucked up as when Rey won but at least Rey was more credible victories wise. Then they made him the whinniest fucking heel in history, almost a repeat of his 2002 shit with DDP as a crybaby. Then he got hurt and came back, and he's been much more tolerable and fun to watch. I will never say lets go Christian (well I will this month it seems) but damn he can work and have a solid niche like Piper and Perfect did, and I'll respect that. I'm less bitter now though that the fucker got the reign and Matt got fucked over years ago when he was hotter than Christian could ever dream of being most of their career and always had him beat with fan reaction and selling.

Jericho to me is talented in that ring. He's talented on the mic too when he is that Y2J guy. I just can't stand the music. I can't stand people trying to act like he is a top star in the same category as a Michaels let alone HHH let alone Austin let alone Cena or Rock. That is what is frustrating. The way people talk about him and then call the title "a prop you shouldn't over value" doesn't go hand in hand. They look at his resume and say beat Rock and Austin on same night, first undisputed champ, multiple titles int eh company ..... Main event talent at its best. It's that the gets me and they get defensive when you say he's a upper Midcard, b brand, or transition guy and then point out that he wasn't even the focus of his undisputed reign every challenger was, or that his band has never been a successful as Cenas music career despite Cena having less exposure from not being inthe attitude era, or the fact he himself admits to having a Virgil like signing despite advertising, and had his outside show cancelled after every critic trashed the concept and his hosting abilities. Jericho to me is the Foley of his era, which is great, but he just isn't that guy who he should and could have been. If he was smart, beating Jericho would mean the world to a lot of guys,mbut he jobbed so often and so wrongly that he hurt himself and the aloft for others, and to topic off he isn't an ass kicker or menacing at all to just suddenly become credible like Kane or Show so that when you knock them off even after jobbing you get a rub and WOW out the fans. I would watch him wrestle every day for 20 minutes no problem, listen to him talk most of the time, but boy I thought they were fuckign trolling me when they brought him back as the star to feud against Punk for the title at WM because he ain't that big a star or that good. To be fair he writes a good book too
I'm not really saying you're overly wrong about the lacking aspects of Punk's reign all I'm saying is none of it is Punk's fault and to take into consideration the situation he happens to be in which is very rare. Punk's reign will be remembered just based on the unique circumstance he was in as WWE champ that no one else has been in and had damn good matches one of them probably will be match of the year in his match vs Bryan at OTL. Not to mention how long his reign has been will help as he is having a long reign in a time where long reigns aren't exactly a normal thing for world titles.

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
I'm not really saying you're overly wrong about the lacking aspects of Punk's reign all I'm saying is none of it is Punk's fault and to take into consideration the situation he happens to be in which is very rare. Punk's reign will be remembered just based on the unique circumstance he was in as WWE champ that no one else has been in and had damn good matches one of them probably will be match of the year in his match vs Bryan at OTL. Not to mention how long his reign has been will help as he is having a long reign in a time where long reigns aren't exactly a normal thing for world titles.

I bet that after punk will lose the title , people will be "ohh how awesome punk regin was" e.t.c.. . Punk title regin has been awesome untill now . Great Storylines , Awesome matches , Great promos . What else do you want ? Isn't Pro.wrestling all about this . and to make this Punk title region one of the best ever , let HIM WIN OVER CENA CLEANLY !!! and he will get all the credibilty a Wrestler should have to become a true main eventer .

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He has an ass n tits sure but that jaw and build ain't womanly

Nah, sounds like nit picking to me. Her jaw is fine and her build is what an athletic woman looks like. Hate overtly skinny ass bitches.
Nattie would have yo back at a party, you get hit she knocking everybody out.