Damien Sandow

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I don't think he made Sheamus look good, Sheamus has always been good. They just had good chemistry together and the match felt like what ADR/Sheamus should of been like.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
After watching their match from last night, I'd like to see him challenge for the title in the near future.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Sandow had a very good night last night. While his mic ability was never in question, I think his match against Sheamus was the first time he showed that he can also get it done in the ring as well. In my opinion, this was his best outing since coming to the WWE.

In terms of getting a main event push I think he still has another bit to go, and quite frankly, doesn't deserve it just yet. But, if they keep using him like they have over the past couple of months then I see him being a great heel main eventer in the future.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He had a good showing against Sheamus, still time will tell if he becomes a guy you float around the mainevent or another bust.

He has his niche right now, the Genius type of character, the Christopher Nowinski type but he needs to flesh out a 3 dimensional character before he ever becomes something that people will tune in to see.

Undertaker

Reaction score
Damien Sandow is simply fantastic on the mic and in the ring. He is the perfect WWE superstar. His first promo on SmackDown was amazing and since then he has showed his potential. His match against Sheamus shows that he can mix it up in the ring with the top guys in the company and it also shows that he is trusted to go out there and put on a main event match. I wouldn't be surprised if by this time next year he is holding one of WWE's main titles. He is definitely one to watch.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
This is completely random, but from a distance, Sandow kinda looks like Randy Savage from the Mega Powers era. Before Savage went to the tassels, cowboy hats and crazy pants and jackets.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Sandow had a very good night last night. While his mic ability was never in question, I think his match against Sheamus was the first time he showed that he can also get it done in the ring as well. In my opinion, this was his best outing since coming to the WWE.

In terms of getting a main event push I think he still has another bit to go, and quite frankly, doesn't deserve it just yet. But, if they keep using him like they have over the past couple of months then I see him being a great heel main eventer in the future.

These are pretty much my thoughts exactly. I have liked the guy's character a ton since he debut but worried about his in ring work not being special. That was a very good match for TV he had this week that have eased these doubts. Also think the way the are building him is perfect. No need to rush his push, that's a IWC thing I never understood. I like this guy so he needs to be in a title feud. Why?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
These are pretty much my thoughts exactly. I have liked the guy's character a ton since he debut but worried about his in ring work not being special. That was a very good match for TV he had this week that have eased these doubts. Also think the way the are building him is perfect. No need to rush his push, that's a IWC thing I never understood. I like this guy so he needs to be in a title feud. Why?

WWE desperately need new stars because they only have half a dozen maineventers to cover two world titles. Because of that WWE need to push guys earlier than they are ready and there are a lot more chances available to new stars that manage to get over. Ten years ago there wouldn't have been a call going out to get a guy into the mainevent ASAP but now WWE are basically forced to do it to prevent them from rehashing the same matches three or four times a year on PPV.

There is so little competition in the mainevent so Sandow challenging for the World title on Smackdown in 12 months time isn't actually that big of a stretch.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Sandow just keeps impressing me week in week out. He is fantastic on the mic, he has a unique gimmick that he has managed to get over and continues to have quality matches. Now that he is back on his own he hasn't missed a beat and I really enjoyed his match with Cena on Main Event. Again even though he lost he still looked good against a top star and didn't look out of his depth. I have ridiculously high hopes for him, I just hope that WWE don't screw this up because he could fill one of those top spots for them.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
^^ agreed, the guy is showing that it doesn't matter who you throw him in there with, he is gonna have a good match (granted he's been working with the company's top guys so I guess it's a little easier to look good)... I think a slightly above midcard feud with the Miz could do wonders for moving both guys up towards the top of the card.... imagine the mic work back and forth between those two, would play perfectly into each other and solidify Miz's face turn

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That is the trouble, trying to think of who he could feud with next now that he is back on his own. Miz would be good but I would prefer to see him feud with someone like Sheamus once Sheamus is out of the World title scene. Or maybe he could feud with a returning Christian, if he ever does come back.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I was watching Raw tonight, and it got me thinking. Damien Sandow is like a 1980s heel. Does anybody else see/feel that when they watch him? His use of ring psychology, his character, the way he interacts with the "hard camera". From a distance he looks like Randy Savage circa 1987, but the way he moves in the ring reminds me of a cross between Mr. Perfect, Rick Martel and Rick Rude.

Anybody else get that "1980s/Classic Heel" feeling when you're watching Sandow?

I see him as the absolute future of the company, hands down. I think he'll be main eventing in 3-4 years time.

Reactions: 1 person

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I was watching Raw tonight, and it got me thinking. Damien Sandow is like a 1980s heel. Does anybody else see/feel that when they watch him? His use of ring psychology, his character, the way he interacts with the "hard camera". From a distance he looks like Randy Savage circa 1987, but the way he moves in the ring reminds me of a cross between Mr. Perfect, Rick Martel and Rick Rude.

Anybody else get that "1980s/Classic Heel" feeling when you're watching Sandow?

I see him as the absolute future of the company, hands down. I think he'll be main eventing in 3-4 years time.

He has reminded me of Lanny "The Genius" Poffo since his first promo. And about 20 other guys when I watch him in the ring. This gimmick works wonders at making the crowd hate you, nothing worse than a pretentious snob.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
He's been compared to the Genius Lanny Poffo quite a bit. But in short I'd agree. I hope they do it the right way though long reigns with some of the various titles. Too many guys in WWE get rushed to the top anymore.