Damien Sandow

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I know that it was a pre-taped promo but he can really talk. Much better than quite a few guys who are already on the roster than struggle to speak. Cool gimmick idea, slightly reminds me of Chris Nowinski's character but taken to another level. Very happy that Idol Stevens is back on the main roster, his tag team with KC James managed by Michelle McCool was quality but for some reason right after they lost a title match on PPV they were dropped back to OVW. This guy is good so I look forward to his inring debut.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
That theme song beats Daniel Bryan's any day.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
At least his speech is above average. He should sustain giving good promos.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Well, I enjoyed the promo but the one I see is him not being taken seriously by the very people he is insulting. Getting little reaction as he talks over people's heads because they just aren't smart enough to comprehend him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
How do you think that he should debut? He has had a couple of pretaped promos so what will be next for him? Should he come out and cut a promo in the ring, should he have a squash match or should he start off with a proper feud right away?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Hopefully Ryback squashes him in seconds and clotheslines him back to Florida.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well to be honest, I have a feeling that that probably won't happen. Might be a bit of a waste to promote a guys debut and then bury him right away. WWE have done it in the past, the most recent example I can think of off the top of my head is Eric Escobar and he was buried because he couldn't get himself over. If Damien Sandow can't get himself over it may happen to him but I highly doubt it.

I wouldn't mind seeing him come out and cut a promo in the ring and then have a squash match against one of the jobbers on the roster.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Ryback is so irrelevant, I have absolutely no interest in him whatsoever.

I see Sandow debuting after Extreme Rules and possibly facing a few guys or even going straight to the IC contendership

Aniking

Reaction score
Damien Sandow is one of your favourites after 2 promos, but you have no interest in Ryback, somebody that clearly has potential and any idiot could see it? Interesting.

I'd like Sandow to start appearing at Smackdown and begin to demean superstars. Two pretaped promos, followed by just beating a few jobbers basically puts him in the same position as Ryback currently. Have him appear backstage, have him get on superstar's nerves and thumb his nose at how uncultured they all are. Make his eventual debut mean something and create some hype around him.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
An actual meaningful storyline when he debuts wouldn't go a miss, it's so tedious watching the same formula for virtually every new guy.

Dunno if I can even see the guy getting over if i'm being honest. He'll come out to no reaction, cut a promo that just goes over the kids heads in the audience and again no reaction will be gotten so they'll pipe the shit out of him. I know absolutely nothing about him though, so maybe he will surprise me when he actually debuts, here's to hoping.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I have been impressed so far with how WWE have booked Damien Sandow's Smackdown run as it is completely different to the others that they recently promoted to the main roster. He debuted around a similar time to Ryback and Ryback has been given the Goldberg push, lots of quick matches where he wins within a couple of minutes and no talking. Damien Sandow on the other hand has been given plenty of promo time and he hasn't wrestled a match yet. It is refreshing to see WWE think a little out of the box and push them completely differently otherwise it would all be too similar. In saying that I am looking forward to Sandow wrestling, I remember his work as Idol Stevens and he was impressive back then and has had a few more years to develop as a wrestler so I think that he will be good in the ring.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
After tonight on RAW I thought that it would be a good idea to bump this thread. Damien Sandow wrestled World Champion Sheamus and they had a fantastic match. Sandow was very competitive and had Sheamus on the back foot a couple of times but in the end he did lose. It was still an impressive display and it bodes well for his future. Sandow didn't look out of his depth against the World champion and their ten minute match was very good to watch.

His work lately as part of a tag team, Rhodes Scholars, with Cody Rhodes has been great. He is very comfortable on the mic and they work well together. I wouldn't mind seeing them continue as a team for a couple of months before they split and then Sandow should be sent straight to the mainevent. I think that he has shown that he has the ability and if they book him well enough in the coming months he could be a world title contender in no time.

I will be very surprised if he doesn't win a world title within the next twelve months.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Match of the night, easily. Guy can bump his ass off and made Sheamus look really good. Hoping the Rhodes Scholars go on to dominate the tag division for a few years before Sandow gets a main event push.

Reactions: 1 person