ACW Dumpster

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I've been across many feds over the last 10 years and none of them have ever used a point system. The only problems that would arise would be from those that you would expect cause they were known for having a problem anytime they lost. But any true rper... never a problem with a win or loss and if there was a question it was dealt with when they sent a pm and all was fine. I've been apart of nearly 15 to 20 different feds and never seen a point system.

Andy

Reaction score
Meh. Let's get some more opinions in here. Nick? Pete? You don't have another staff member (besides the one that just went on break), do you? I feel like I'm missing someone and that you do.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Actually I don't and since they came from your fed... I would feel rather out numbered if we took it to vote with all of you coming from one place and me being on my own.

I would propose putting it to a vote with the people seeing what they would prefer and why.

Andy

Reaction score
Actually I don't and since they came from your fed... I would feel rather out numbered if we took it to vote with all of you coming from one place and me being on my own.

I would propose putting it to a vote with the people seeing what they would prefer and why.

Ah, and yeah, I know. LOL. I just wanted opinions. We weren't going to vote on it. That's what I was planning on going for. Whenever we did it in the PWA (all the time) we called it PWA iNterActive, haha.

Pete

Reaction score
PERSONALLY, I like to go in there and - after ranting because goddammit, me getting less than a 31 is an insult!, etc... - see where I faltered. I usually know where (HINT: I hated word count and motioned to get rid of it, and my RPs often aren't that relative), but liked to see if the graders agreed.

Only time I publically came out and said "hey, I have a problem with this" was when CERTAIN PEOPLE (present here) became a liiiiittle too OCD about "Environment"... ;) Other than that, people never had problems (apart from maybe one guy, but he toned it down eventually and was never that flamey to begin with). If you are used to people flaming WHENEVER they lose, then they need a dose of maturity. Sorry, not trying to offend anyone, but it's true.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Thing is also is that we would have to come together and decide on what deserves the highest grade for each one of those different aspects of the grading system and what you may see as a 10 I might see as a 7 or 8 and ... creating that perfect medium is going to leave things out. It just seems flawed to me to do it in such a concrete way that it just won't work as well as you would want which is why you say you did it in 2 feds that you've been in. And I've not seen it in the 15-20 feds that I've been a part of over the years.

Pete

Reaction score
The way we did it was we split the RPs between us (we had three accounts obviously) and then each person graded their batch. Everyone knew what to expect (i.e. Andy gave lower scores, Nick used to be more generous, BDC was sterner with Creativity and Relativity) and so if anyone had a complaint they knew it was because of so-and-so's subjective view, not the fault of the graders as a whole. Open, assumed subjectivity is not always a bad thing, as long as we don't let personal feelings get in the way of professionalism.

I personally never graded, and I admit the thought of doing so scares me...but I think a points system is essential so that no flamewars/personal attacks/so forth occur.

But again...not gonna force the subject here. This should be a team effort, and after all the e-fed was yours before it was ours.

(We need Nick here BTW, what the hell is he doing?)

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I still say a point system if flawed and isn't essential. flamewars, personal attacks, and so forth will occur no matter what grading system is there because people will feel they should win and will be upset when they see that they didn't get the win they expected.

But since the method that is already in place isn't broken I don't see a reason to change it. But that's just me.

So yeah where are the others? Gotta get started on the show and get ideas going to jump start this merger.

Andy

Reaction score
We still have to fine tune this. Currently, we have no tag teams, so we won't have a tag division for the time being. Same goes for Hardcore. I say we split up Int, with the lighter guys forming a Cruiserweight division.

Andy

Reaction score
I still say a point system if flawed and isn't essential. flamewars, personal attacks, and so forth will occur no matter what grading system is there because people will feel they should win and will be upset when they see that they didn't get the win they expected.

But since the method that is already in place isn't broken I don't see a reason to change it. But that's just me.

So yeah where are the others? Gotta get started on the show and get ideas going to jump start this merger.

Yeah, but at least it gives them a reason, whereas just telling them they won creates more problems.

I say we take it to the people as per your suggestion earlier. But alright, we'll talk about it in the actual topic. lol.

Andy

Reaction score
Title Names?

I don't know if we want to rename the heavyweight title, but let's come up with names for those other divisions' titles.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I say the names of those titles can wait. Don't need a name right this moment.

Plus you don't wanna rename a heavyweight title. It is the heavyweight title... main title for a reason.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
We don't need a hardcore division, we don't need a cruiserweight division. We don't have that many people to create that. We aren't the WWE.

We don't have a tag team division and we don't need one right now either. It isn't essential.

All we need right now are two divisions. The upper tier and the middle tier.

That way we know who are the main eventers, who we can use to help build on the middle tier, and know who would be on the cusp of eventually moving up.

Gotta keep things simple in the early stages of a fed. Over complications will thin things out too quick and cause frustration.

the smaller guys can compete realistically with the larger guys because the larger guys aren't like 400 pounds. They are probably like 50 to 100 pounds heavier which means speed, kicks, technical abilities can overcome the size difference realistically and win.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
We can do both talk it up in here and eventually the people because at least when we present it it won't be...

so ummm which do you want? Points system or no points system?

Discussing it here we can clearly see the pros and cons of both systems so when we bring it to the people for a proper vote we can clearly present both sides as we discussed it here and they can make an educated decision based on what we've discussed as well as what they think instead of some understanding where you are coming from and going with it and others not having a clue and going with not doing it.

There is a method to everything I do :D

And you give people too much credit. They don't need a reason to flame or anything. They will flame to flame. They lose they might flame. They don't win decisively they might flame. They feel they deserved a better score despite winning they might flame.

Scores just can lead to too much problems. And you never just say... oh you won. When they come to you about why they won/lost is when you explain it. If they don't ask... if they don't care and will only push to be better, get better... why show them and try to explain why they won? That's just adding more reason for people to complain.

Pete

Reaction score
Yeah but there's too many in the middle tier at the minute. If we split them into two divisions, it will mean everyone gets consistently used without us having to have 500 non title matches in each division.