ACW Dumpster

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Creative Discussion

Seeing as I finally have made it into staff!!! I figured I'd make us a discussion thread, especially since you and slim need to star filling me in on everything xD!

Anyways, what is the current plans in mind apart from getting everyone set up again? Whose gonna be head of creative and incharge of booking, whose in the staff?

Throw out any ideas that you need to!

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
Slim and I are kind of like co-owners with you being a top dog as well. We need to find some more writers though.

We are turning ACW into an adult program where we will focus our audiance on adults and have more of an extreme style of booking.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Okay, for Writers, I can happily book and take hold of the big time matches and tough Rping calls, I won't be able to 100% commit to writing, I'm struggling with my BtB which I'll probably close down soon enough just because time isn't my friend.

The first issue is getting good, reliable 'work horse' writers, I used to be able to headwrite big shows on my own, Slim will remember the days of UCW iMPACT :p!... So I can do it but I wasn't in college back then... I think we'll have to ask around about writers tbh, once we know our actual roster size, things might turn around.

As for the show direction, we looking at WWE Attitude or ECW style or something different entirely? Because my issue with extreme product constantly, big matches lose their edge, like a feud ender can no longer be a gimmick match because we'd be filled with gimmicks ^^.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
It's kind of a mix between ECW and the attitude era. Not every match should be extreme rules but I mean we can be more leniant with the rules and such.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
I'm trying to remember what it was but I remember a show where there wasn't so much hardcore, but the rules won't as strict..

God, If I knew how to spell the word, it be so much easier lol... Btw, you got anyone in mind for writing?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Hey I'm here now. Been out all night. Kinda. But as far as writers... I dunno. Might have to look through CWF and see if any of them wanna write. Or anywhere else.

But yeah I'm feelin the ECW/Attitude era style. Cause ECW had the hardcore plus the real wrestling to it that helped. So lenient rules... like it.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
That sounds like a good name. Needs something simple and one word. Somethin that can click.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Hey I was thinking like as far as when things get going... like the on air "GM" or whatever that person is going to be called... could use my character Phoenix. In a way it makes sense since she was feuding with the old regime. Not only that but those characters just kinda did nothing for anything. So they get fired and part of the reasoning could be "unfair working environment" since they were holding her down simply cause she was female and I mean it could all work plus come onnn... we got a woman with big ole boobs runnin a more adult oriented show. Plus she'll be rather flexible to use as she can portray many different characters herself. Rather use her rather than a Stephanie McMahon or some other person. Then there is the added element that if there does wind up being a feud between superstar and manager... its already known that she's good, plus I could wind up writing that match as well. Cause being a Co-Owner... don't really need her on the active roster but she could play an authority figure rather well.

Just a thought.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
I like the Idea of having Phoenix around, what about having Slim as her bodyguard or something (Slim being Slim's legendary RP Character!)

I was thinking if we start the shows off in a little arena or something, abit like RoH/ ECW and we slowly build it up to becoming this huge WWE like federation, that way we can progress as this fed becomes more active, and more popular, ya know?

I'm certainly against having anyone like Andrew amongst the creative, he has more attitude problems than me lol... That's saying something but Derrick will be good, I presuming Bully, you can write as well? Because that means we have atleast four guys to chip in...

We need to think about show style, CWF, Warren Statics style, or my new style and make PPVs proper big style... I dunno, just throwing out ideas for our approach to this.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Derrick up for writing? I like. Slim... I haven't exactly figured out a proper role for him yet. But surely somewhere down the road maybe.

Hmmm... starting in a little arena and working up? That could be interesting. Resurrect the ECW arena... cept its gonna be known as the ACW Arena :p Could be like our homebase for the classic shows or something. Kinda like how WWE can sell out places like the stadium in Indy or sell out Houston that has over 55,000 seats but will still return to MSG that can only house around 20k. Thats when ya know a special show is happening. I like it. Just gotta have the location down so that it can be built up to bein like that.

As far as styles... hmmmm... PPV matches definitely should be big. Regular shows... average size. Like most matches don't have to be "20 minutes." The main event can be bigger and the "storyline feud leading" matches could be a little bigger than the average since there will be more story being told but... shows shouldn't be too big. Saves things for being more special with the PPVs. Also helps prevent burn outs. Plus going with the more adult oriented/ECW/Attitude... that leaves more room for more storylines and feuds to be developed with the shows. Plus the show fillers will always be good fun to get down. Few chairs, bowling balls, just random weapons for the heck of it.

But yeah that's what I'm thinkin.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
Hell yeah I will be writing! I agree with starting in small arenas because that's what I had in mind. Maybe even having our first show in a high school gym of sorts.

As far as the style goes, I agree with everything slim said and would like to do it that way.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Mannn this is fun. I'm likin this fed already.