ACW Dumpster

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PY.

Reaction score
Re: I don't know where to post this. Sorry.

Eh, I'm confident in my ability enough to win with 1 rp against someone who uses two. Didn't really try all that much this week since I knew from the start chances were slim that my opponent was showing up.

Pete

Reaction score

We should clarify something (and I know you guys won't like it): 1 RP will NOT win against 2.

But since we'll probably be eliminating multiple caps again after this show, that will probably not matter.

PY.

Reaction score

How can't 1 rp beat two? That pretty much throws away the unwritten rule over quality of quantity.

Pete

Reaction score

That's the point of caps. But like I said we're most likely getting rid of them aside from a few exceptions.

Also, if the two RPs are like two sentences each, then yeah, sure, the guy with 1 RP wins.

When we say quantity over quality, we are mostly talking about word count on the RPs, not number of RPs. Basically, short but sweet RP beats long winded but poorly written one.

BDC? A little help here, please?

Reactions: 1 person

BDC

Reaction score

Ok, usually, you will have only a one rp cap because of time and confusion. If you get higher up in the rankings and start playing with the big boys, more rps will be needed because what you're fighting for is more important. We want to know more about the main eventers.

That being said, last week I gave you guys a week and a half to rp and thought two rps was no big deal. My bad. This week we go back.

Two rp caps are for those who want it to tell more story or for the big event people. I dont' want two stories crammed into one rp personally. It looks chopped up and makes no sense. When I rp, I have a point. And not just that I'm better than my opponent and I'm awesome...

SO, for the most part, everybody is getting the ONE RP CAP. If you don't, either you wanted a bigger cap or your in the main event.
(Everything we do is under revue and not set in stone.)

NOTE: One rp done well will never beat two rps done well. Even if you write a one rp epic. Those that meet the caps they're given are showing that they are part of the team and willing to do the work.

BUT

SPAM is SPAM. If you rp some short crappy rp, you will hear from us. WE don't give you guys exact criteria so you don't' PLAY THE SYSTEM. WELL, don't play it by throwin a crappy one paragraph rp at us either. This is always up to the discretion of the management.

Last edited:

PY.

Reaction score

Makes sense, but I don't agree. If you're a good enough writer you could easily get two stories flowing into one with it all making sense in the end. If there's no pay off, or point to it then yeah, two stories in one RP is not a good idea.

Oh well, we'll just agree to disagree.

BDC

Reaction score

I am listening. Always taking everything into consideration. Stay tuned.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily

well here is my take on it.

1 rp visually is always going to look weaker against 2 rps to begin with so you have the visual aspect. But then when it comes to the content... generally speaking the person that uses both RPs to tell their story usually either has more story, more going on, more exposure, usually more everything than the person that used one because you have more to work with.

1 rp that is as long as 2rps generally looks like an rp that drags on too long and normally will feature an awkward chop in the middle of it that is divided by a

signifying that time has past and that is actually kinda cheap. Ya know its like if you can write 2 rps in one with a 2 rp cap... why not just make it 2? It makes it easier for all to read as it doesn't feel like we'll have to sit here for an hour with a cup of drink and a snack to finish it. I mean... yeah that one rp could be freakin awesome but making it that huge when you have others not writing theirs that long just looks bad overall.

But back to the main point... is it possible for a 1 rp to beat 2 rp? Yes it is possible but it is not very likely so if at all possible go for 2.

MaNonTheMoon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2

Question: If we decide to do a post show interview/segment, should it be done in an Rp or in an interactive thread?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Question: If we decide to do a post show interview/segment, should it be done in an Rp or in an interactive thread?

If you want it to count towards your match that week in rp. If it's for shits and giggles in interactive. I believe

MaNonTheMoon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2

If you want it to count towards your match that week in rp. If it's for shits and giggles in interactive. I believe

It's more towards challenging someone to a match, with a fair bit of ranting and venting before hand.

Would that qualify for Interactive?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily

yeah pretty much. interactive is fun though.

MaNonTheMoon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2

Ah, excelent!

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Basically I think we should merge all older threads into this one we don't need half of them. But there may end up being some key thing in one of them that we don't want to erase completely. I'll just do everything before BDC at this point.