2013 WWE HOF Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

FalconPunch

Reaction score
re: 2013 WWE HOF Discussion

It STILL makes me laugh when I see people discussing the merits of the HOF - a HOF for wrestling where we have people who have never wrestled a match, Vince Sr's limo driver and all sorts of mid carders who were popular backstage.

Can Vader get in? Well, yeas. Anybody can as and when the WWE thinks they would fit.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Re: Who should headline HOF this year...

For me it would be Bruno on the Night but Foley when the air it on USA. Bruno has to be the headliner in my opinion. Rare to have a class with 3 Multiple Time Worlds Champions.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh

Mick Foley. Foley would be more interesting, Sammartino is a man who has class but Foley's speech will be a lot entertaining so he should be the one who is main eventing. Also he deserves it as well as Sammartino. He sacrificed himself for wrestling so much. How can it can be forgotten?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

Foley, because Sammartino isn't interesting and will just trash Vince like a bitter old cunt.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Foley, because Sammartino isn't interesting and will just trash Vince like a bitter old cunt.

But why would he trash Vince having accepted the invite? His statement was by not accepting all these years, but now that he has I don't expect an outbust.

I would go with Foley, but have no issues if Bruno got the nod.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Merged these two threads together, all discussion relating to this years WWE HOF goes here.

I agree with Scott, Bruno will headline at the actual event but Foley will headline on USA Network. Bruno deserves to go on last for all he did for the company and because he is the bigger name but I agree that Foley will appear last on tv because it will draw more.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
One was announced on WWE.Com with litte notice, and the other was announced on ESPN.

Who is more relevant here? Bruno freaking Sammartino!!

The only hold out WWE ever had, and now he is finally in the halls that he helped build. How is Foley going to follow that? Sure Bruno is boring, and is by far the worst colour commentator ever, but the living legend is a by far bigger name. Foley doesn't have a statue of him in his home town.....Bruno does though.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Still can't believe Bruno's actually getting inducted. I think he'll go on last, but I could easily see WWE putting Foley on last as well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 2013 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony has sold out as Ticketmaster had no more tickets remaining.

Bruno Sammartino, Trish Stratus, Mick Foley and Bob Backlund have already been publicly confirmed for the ceremony. As noted on PWInsider Elite, Kamala and Ivan Koloff have also been discussed as potential Class members.

The ceremony is set for 4/6 in Madison Square Garden, the first time the ceremony has been held in MSG and the first ceremony to be held in NYC since
It is expected that additional tickets will be released as production for the event finalizes.

No real surprise here with the lineup that they have organised for this year.

Has anyone on the forum actually attended a WWE HOF ceremony before? Seems like it would be a really good night as WWE have done a great job over the years of making this a legitimate high end event.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
20130318_RAW_BookerT_LARGE_L.jpg

This years class gets stronger and stronger with each announcement. Booker T definitely deserves a place in the HOF, had a fantastic singles career in WCW and then in WWE once he found his groove. Even if you ignore his work in Harlem Heat he is worthy. Hopefully we see Harlem Heat inducted in a few years as well as they were one of the top tag teams of their day. Expecting Stevie Ray or Goldust to induct him.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Booker T is an excellent addition and this is a fabulous class. With that said I keep hearing Goldust should induct him and all I can think is why? They were together for what a year? 2 tops? I would assume Sharmell will induct him since she's his wife and was part of his career but Stevie Ray would be my choice.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
No real surprise here with the lineup that they have organised for this year.

Has anyone on the forum actually attended a WWE HOF ceremony before? Seems like it would be a really good night as WWE have done a great job over the years of making this a legitimate high end event.

I attended the one for Wrestlemania 28 it was great everyone was real respectful and listening to those speeches were awesome.

I recommend for anyone attending a wrestlemania that they must attend the hall of fame ceremony.

Reactions: 1 person
Reaction score
Glad that they inducted Trish. She deserves it for sure. This years HoF is very good.

Yeah Trish is a legend of women's wrestling as far as I am concerned and well worth her place.

I agree with most of Mick's teams to go in except Harlem Heat who I liked but just don't know if they had the profile or sustained success to justify an induction, also would like to see Booker go in solo one day.

Trish is clearly a good choice. As for Mick's picks agree with all the them. There was a time you could argue Harlem Heat was the best tag team going.

I would be happier if Lita would be inducted too. :(

Franco

Reaction score
Amazing class, can't wait for the WM29 DVD/BR to see the HoF show in full length.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Booker T is an excellent addition and this is a fabulous class. With that said I keep hearing Goldust should induct him and all I can think is why? They were together for what a year? 2 tops? I would assume Sharmell will induct him since she's his wife and was part of his career but Stevie Ray would be my choice.

Because thinking like WWE Goldust probably had the longest storyline with him within the company. Stevie Ray makes a lot more sense. I can't see Sharmell doing it at all, would be odd seeing his wife induct him when shouldn't she be sharing the moment with him if you know what I mean. I think that Goldust makes more sense than Sharmell.