2013 WWE HOF Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Terry Funk will induct Mick Foley
Arnold Schwarzenegger will induct Bruno Sammartino
Maria Menounos will induct Bob Backlund

Those three are all confirmed so far and other than the Maria one it makes sense. Apparently Maria is good friends with Backlund but it is still a weird combo. Funk inducting Foley is definitely the right choice and Arnold has been friends with Bruno for decades so I am sure Bruno will be happy with that choice. Still no word on who inducts Trish, Trump or Booker

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Lita will induct Trish, anyone else really won't make any sense. Pretty sure I also read Stevie was inducting Booker, think he confirmed it on his Twitter account.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree that those two will most likely be inducting those two. As for Trump I have no clue, Vince inducting him would make sense but I can't see Vince wanting to be onscreen like that for the HOF. Maybe they get Booby Lashley back to induct him :p

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I'm pretty shocked Trish picked Steph over Lita to induct her, don't get me wrong I love the NWO '01 match Steph/Trish had but Lita and Trish were the top 2 females from 2000/2006 and I’m guessing they were road buddies as well.

I'm not even mad at it, STEPHANIE :homer:

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
i'd rather see trish's outfit induct her.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
As many fans have pointed out, the commercials that aired during Raw last night promoting the WWE Hall of Fame special next Tuesday only featured Bruno Sammartino, Trish Stratus and Donald Trump. F4WOnline.com is reporting that those are the three inductions WWE will most likely air during the TV special. F4W is also reporting that some people in WWE are upset with the fact Mick Foley won't be featured on the USA program next week

Lol I said from the beginning Trish would be valued over Foley in terms of being broadcast

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
So strange that Steph is inducting Trish, I would have thought that Lita would induct her and then Trish would return the favour next year when Lita goes in. Apparently Vince is inducting Trump as well, whilst it makes sense I didn't expect to see Vince actually induct anyone into the HOF. At least he isn't inducting a wrestler as that would be odd.

So strange that Foley isn't even making the tv special, Bruno should definitely make it but I would have thought Foley would have been next in line.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Pretty weird that Steph is inducting Trish, I guess when Trish said someone who influenced her career she meant she was all buddy buddy with Steph who told daddy to give her a big 'push'...

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
“It was a difficult [choice]. There’s so many people who have had such an influence on my career and shaped my career. Getting a nod to be in the WWE Hall of Fame, it’s a look back at your career and at the end of the day, there would have been no career, no opportunity, no revamping of the women’s division if Stephanie wasn’t behind it all. When we feuded, there’s something about when you have an experience with someone that you bond with them. When we had our feud, we bonded then and we remained close ever since. She’s just always supportive of showcasing a strong, powerful woman. There would be no division and none of the women would have gotten the push that we needed, or the encouragement we needed. She and I have remained friends. I’ve watched her evolve into a businesswoman. We were at the same level — green workers having fun wrestling and then she really just got behind the scenes and became a businesswoman. It’s very empowering to see the position she has now. I retired and went into the business world and with all my endeavors, it’s a tough world for a woman. I admire her greatly and respect her greatly."

Stephanie talked with TrishStratus.com about the induction:

"It’s hard to believe that it was a little over 10 years ago that Trish and I were in storylines together. We had a lot of fun together. I said it in my Tweet last night – she was my favorite person to slap. We both started around the same time, we were both ‘green’ as you would say.” Trish went on to become an incredible Diva in the ring… but we had the opportunity to start in a similar place. To be able to tell the story that we told was quite an amazing opportunity at a really entertaining, attitudinal time in our business. That’s one of the things that is so remarkable about Trish. It’s not common, in anyone really, to be able to develop their own brand on television and then know how to market that brand to audiences all around the world. To take Trish Stratus and the Stratusphere and turn it into an actual business that is successful and also allows you to continue to raise your profile as you market different products, and become more involved in many different opportunities. Trish is truly a business woman, and as a business woman, I appreciate and respect that, especially as Trish has really done that on her own. She is a strong, powerful, smart woman, and we need more women in leadership roles."

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Starting to make a bit more sense with the two training together, Lita had already trained as a wrestler before heading to WWE so I guess they didn't bond that way. Plus the business side of things seems a really important link, maybe Trish is trying to work on a deal to get Steph to promote her Yoga program on WWE.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
"I know some of you don't understand why I'm inducting Bob Backlund into the WWE Hall of Fame. Here's a quick history... I met Bob when I was 19-he starred in my movie, he supported me when I competed at Miss Mass USA pageant and I helped him run for congress. He's a dear friend of 14 years and I'm honored to be a part of this historic moment in his career and with the WWE."

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The more you know. What would be nice is if they actually told us this on RAW when they announced that Maria would be inducting him, nice to know the backstory behind it all because it is a good story.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Another tidbit about Trish is that she is 4 months pregnant and Stephanie has supportd her through this time. Makes even more sense why its Stephanie over Lita

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Reading the report for the HOF and it sounded like a great night as always. In the past it is normally shown in Australia as well so hopefully Mainevent pick it up again and show it next week. Otherwise I will have to get the DVD.