2013 WWE HOF Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
re: 2013 WWE HOF Discussion

I just question this line of thinking, did you not watch his WWF run? How about the darker character driven stuff he did as Mankind unpon his arrival? Then you have the entertaining comedy stuff as Dude Love and with the Rock, then you have the General manager stuff, not to mention his WCW run as Cactus Jack.

Mick I agree with you now on Herlam Heat think you make a great point, they are certainly a team I enjoyed a lot. Demolition must go in too.

Dark Mankind stuff? Yeah, woo, you're into torturing yourself and can handle vast quantities of pain. Epic. Dude Love was an abomination of a persona, and the comedy with Rock was skewed 99% Rock 1% Foley. The GM stuff was pathetic, and Cactus Jack is a useless character.

Foley has never impressed me aside from his ability on the mic. He cannot wrestle, he's a glorified stuntman whose only claim to fame is falling off structures and through/onto objects. All his high profile matches he's been carried (Taker, Hunter, Austin, Edge, Orton), and is just a cheap pop act for nostalgic purposes.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Dark Mankind stuff? Yeah, woo, you're into torturing yourself and can handle vast quantities of pain. Epic. Dude Love was an abomination of a persona, and the comedy with Rock was skewed 99% Rock 1% Foley. The GM stuff was pathetic, and Cactus Jack is a useless character.

Foley has never impressed me aside from his ability on the mic. He cannot wrestle, he's a glorified stuntman whose only claim to fame is falling off structures and through/onto objects. All his high profile matches he's been carried (Taker, Hunter, Austin, Edge, Orton), and is just a cheap pop act for nostalgic purposes.

When people like Bret Hart say you are one of wrestlings best minds. Says enough.

you may not like it but to the people that matter it does.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Sounds like you have been listening to Flair too much. Also calling him a glorified stuntman is a bit like calling Austin or Jake Roberts glorified brawlers, no there is an art to assembling these matches, it is about timing, psyicholgy and knowing when you do something so it really matters and Foley had all of that. Also I would argue that he carried Undertaker during their series, Taker was not the great worker then that he is today, the guy constantly had dire 1980s big man style matches.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh

Here are some thoughts from WWE Divas about Trish being Hall of Fame;

Natalya: “Trish was a pioneer for the Divas. There were women that came before, but she broke all the barriers and all the stereotypes. Certainly, I’ve been extremely inspired by my family, but when I decided I wanted to be a lady wrestler, it wasn’t because of my family. It was because of Trish. … She is one of the reasons I’m doing what I’m doing today and I couldn’t be happier for her.”

Kaitlyn: “It’s so cool to see. She made such a huge impact and she is so iconic. Everyone aspires to have just a little bit of what Trish had.”

Aksana: “I’m really excited for her. I want to say congratulations to her. She’s my idol.”

Lilian Garcia: “She totally deserves this. She worked incredibly hard and made such an impact.”

AJ Lee: “To anyone in WWE, she’s an inspiration. She has helped us break a lot of glass ceilings. It’s really cool to have someone from our generation — that’s actually classified as a ‘Diva’ — to be in the Hall of Fame

Reaction score

When people like Bret Hart say you are one of wrestlings best minds. Says enough.

you may not like it but to the people that matter it does.

Bret Hart? Lol, his brain is too fried to have a relevant opinion. This is the same Bret Hart who praises John Cena's ringwork, yet critiques Triple H's. He's also the same Bret Hart that labelled Melina the best women's wrestler on the planet. The guy is senile and lost all legitimacy with his opinions.

Sounds like you have been listening to Flair too much. Also calling him a glorified stuntman is a bit like calling Austin or Jake Roberts glorified brawlers, no there is an art to assembling these matches, it is about timing, psyicholgy and knowing when you do something so it really matters and Foley had all of that. Also I would argue that he carried Undertaker during their series, Taker was not the great worker then that he is today, the guy constantly had dire 1980s big man style matches.

Flair is an astute mind that summed it up quite well. People got butthurt over it but can't dny its truth. No, Austin and Roberts had other elements to their matches, they could tell a story, they could get you invested in their matches. They didn't just bump around through objects or off structures to garner the holy shit reaction. During Foley's feud with Orton in 2003/04, the only way it was ended was when Orton beat him by going hardcore, fueling the glorified stuntman stigma and showing that he's a one-dimensional bump act.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Mick Foley Working On His Hall of Fame Speech

Mick Foley tweeted the following about working on his WWE Hall of Fame speech:

“Working on my HOF speech in my head. Seems to be going pretty well so far. Hope to give @WWE Universe something memorable in MSG.â€￾

I will watch this years Hall of Fame for sure but I am excited a lot for Foley's Hall of Fame speech. This guy is great at telling stories, telling his life. I am sure he will have a great speech which can make us so emotional and he will make us laugh too. He deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. This can be the one of the best Hall of Fame speech ever.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Bret Hart? Lol, his brain is too fried to have a relevant opinion. This is the same Bret Hart who praises John Cena's ringwork, yet critiques Triple H's. He's also the same Bret Hart that labelled Melina the best women's wrestler on the planet. The guy is senile and lost all legitimacy with his opinions.

Flair is an astute mind that summed it up quite well. People got butthurt over it but can't dny its truth. No, Austin and Roberts had other elements to their matches, they could tell a story, they could get you invested in their matches. They didn't just bump around through objects or off structures to garner the holy shit reaction. During Foley's feud with Orton in 2003/04, the only way it was ended was when Orton beat him by going hardcore, fueling the glorified stuntman stigma and showing that he's a one-dimensional bump act.

John Cena structures his mtches perfectly, and while I didn't agree with Bret Hart in his assumption of Triple H, he is still entitled to his opinion and Melina was a damn great wrestler, dont.'t hate they hype if you don't agree.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

But he made an art of bumping around that is the difference, no one had seen anyone do it like Foley before, but the difference also is that he cut some of the greatest promos in history leading up to it.

Reaction score

John Cena structures his mtches perfectly, and while I didn't agree with Bret Hart in his assumption of Triple H, he is still entitled to his opinion and Melina was a damn great wrestler, dont.'t hate they hype if you don't agree.

Perfectly? Lol, so no selling an opponents offence and having zero psychology is a perfect match structure? M'kay.

Melina great? Oh deary me, you've just lost all validation with your opinion.

[/B]But he made an art of bumping around that is the difference, no one had seen anyone do it like Foley before, but the difference also is that he cut some of the greatest promos in history leading up to it.

An art? How hard is it to fall onto/through objects, or off structures? Noone was stupid enough to do it like Foley before, that's all he's ever been known for, in fact his most noted matches all involve heavy bumping - Taker in HIAC, Foley in HIAC, Rock in an I Quit, all needing to be hardcore bumpy shit that is not worthy of a HOF entry. Promos alone does not constitute HOF entry.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Perfectly? Lol, so no selling an opponents offence and having zero psychology is a perfect match structure? M'kay.

Melina great? Oh deary me, you've just lost all validation with your opinion.

An art? How hard is it to fall onto/through objects, or off structures? Noone was stupid enough to do it like Foley before, that's all he's ever been known for, in fact his most noted matches all involve heavy bumping - Taker in HIAC, Foley in HIAC, Rock in an I Quit, all needing to be hardcore bumpy shit that is not worthy of a HOF entry. Promos alone does not constitute HOF entry.

Yes but as I pointed out before there was much more to his career than just those stunt filled bouts, watch his WCW run for evidence of that. Besides you can't denay the guy have been pretty sucessful and has made money outside of wrestling so he can't be that dumb.

I agree with you about Cena, at least we agree on something.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Bruno Sammartino revealed to ESPN in an interview that he has agreed to be inducted into the 2013 WWE Hall Of Fame class. Bruno made it clear that Triple H was instrumental in getting him to agree to be inducted. Here is an quote of what Bruno said about the induction.

“Being inducted into the Hall of Fame at Madison Square Gardens is the biggest thing in my life. Any time that people feel that you accomplished enough to enter into a Hall of Fame, of course this is a tremendous, tremendous thrill for me. I had a lot of my success due to appearing at the Garden. I wrestled there over 200 times, it’s where I won the title, and it’s where I picked up 630-plus pounds of Haystacks Calhoun.”

Great news and about time. And a great place to induct him. WWE will probably announce him next even though I would have saved him for last but since the cat is out of the bag.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

About damn time :Clap:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Massive news that they finally got him to agree to be inducted, well played by HHH to convince him to be inducted. Arguably the biggest name that they have inducted and without him in there there was something missing. I had always assumed that they would have to wait until he died before the could induct him but much better for it to happen this way.

Quality class that they have this year.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Really don't see how anyone else they could add wouldn't be a disappointment.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

They always need a couple of filler wrestlers each year so I am not expecting massive names anymore, they have already announced enough of them for this year. It will be some long serving midcarder or a tag team. I can't see DX going in this year now.