2013 WWE HOF Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
re: 2013 WWE HOF Discussion

Does Bam Bam Bigelow have the credentials to get in??? just thinking of guys originally from the NY/NJ area... I know the last few years of his life were sketchy at best but he certainly had a long successful career with good stints in WWE, WCW, ECW and New Japan

Surely Bigelow does he was one of the best and most over big men ever, and at least retained an upper/midcard slot. It is another WWF mystery why that guy never got a run on top.

Backland makes sense as does Lauper.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Surely Bigelow does he was one of the best and most over big men ever, and at least retained an upper/midcard slot. It is another WWF mystery why that guy never got a run on top.

Backland makes sense as does Lauper.

Wasn't a mystery as to why Bigelow didn't get on top his first run in WWF. He was bragging about his payoffs and it didn't sit too well with the incumbant stars. He didn't get a belt his next run, because he had the audacity to be WM mainevent with LT and steal the thunder away from this newly learned about Kliq.

But that being said, he would go into HOF of mine, when someone like Bret Hart says someone is the best big man in the business, I would believe him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score

Wasn't a mystery as to why Bigelow didn't get on top his first run in WWF. He was bragging about his payoffs and it didn't sit too well with the incumbant stars. He didn't get a belt his next run, because he had the audacity to be WM mainevent with LT and steal the thunder away from this newly learned about Kliq.

But that being said, he would go into HOF of mine, when someone like Bret Hart says someone is the best big man in the business, I would believe him.

Considering Bret Hart doesn’t put many people over, your damn right.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

We definitely need to see a faction or tag team in on this HOF. We usually get those every year don't we? Freebirds would be awesome.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

I'm guessing this HOF year is about the people who were big in the New York market.

Trish Stratus aside ofcourse.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score

They do need to induct the Rock and Roll Express at some point.
Same with The Freebirds.
Same with Harlem Heat.

Vader should be going in at some point, as should Stan Hansen (he isn't in yet, right?)

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

Same with The Freebirds.
Same with Harlem Heat.

Vader should be going in at some point, as should Stan Hansen (he isn't in yet, right?)

same with Demolition

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Same with The Freebirds.
Same with Harlem Heat.

Willing to bet my house, that those guys will all get in......But WM has to be in the markets where those guys enjoyed their biggest success.

RockNRoll and Freebirds were huge in the southern territories, which is what baffled me, when they didn't get HOF nods in Atlanta or Texas.

But again, LOD wasn't inducted in Chicago either,.... So what do I know.

Not sure if Vader would ever get an induction or Hansen, but hey.......Abdullah got in.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh

Glad that they inducted Trish. She deserves it for sure. This years HoF is very good.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Yeah Trish is a legend of women's wrestling as far as I am concerned and well worth her place.

I agree with most of Mick's teams to go in except Harlem Heat who I liked but just don't know if they had the profile or sustained success to justify an induction, also would like to see Booker go in solo one day.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score

Trish is clearly a good choice. As for Mick's picks agree with all the them. There was a time you could argue Harlem Heat was the best tag team going.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score

Yeah Trish is a legend of women's wrestling as far as I am concerned and well worth her place.

I agree with most of Mick's teams to go in except Harlem Heat who I liked but just don't know if they had the profile or sustained success to justify an induction, also would like to see Booker go in solo one day.

Booker's guaranteed solo.

Harlem Heat was pretty important, imo. Not merely just for their multiple title reigns (10, I think?), but in my opinion, it was important for us to realize that a black tag team needed to be pushed during the 1990s in the South (WCW's prime region). Think of the impact of a successful black tag team in a region of the US that had been the most resistant to the civil rights movement. As much as Ron Simmons' title reigns as WCW Champion were for black wrestlers, Harlem Heat were crucial as well.

[MENTION=71]deezy[/MENTION]: definately Demolition!

Reaction score

Trish was an obvious choice, but I do question Foley's inclusion. I'm not sure falling off structures or onto weapons constitutes a HOF career.

Hopefully a big, deserving name gets in this years class.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Trish was an obvious choice, but I do question Foley's inclusion. I'm not sure falling off structures or onto weapons constitutes a HOF career.
Hopefully a big, deserving name gets in this years class.

I just question this line of thinking, did you not watch his WWF run? How about the darker character driven stuff he did as Mankind unpon his arrival? Then you have the entertaining comedy stuff as Dude Love and with the Rock, then you have the General manager stuff, not to mention his WCW run as Cactus Jack.

Mick I agree with you now on Herlam Heat think you make a great point, they are certainly a team I enjoyed a lot. Demolition must go in too.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Good seeing Trish get the nod this year, she definitely deserves it as the most influential diva of her generation. She made an incredible transformation from model who struggled as a valet to a fantastic women's champion who could wrestle. No doubt that Lita's induction won't be far behind.

I agree that Harlem Heat should go in as a team, not sure how it will be done though as Booker T deserves to go in solo as well for his WCW and WWE work.