2013 WWE HOF Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
re: 2013 WWE HOF Discussion

I can see Heyman going in in the future but not currently whilst he is a featured on screen performer.

Also there is news on the second inductee;

pwinsider said:
King Kong Bundy wrote on his twitter (RealKKBundy) "Sounds like someone listened to the #Bundyholics regarding my Hall of Fame. Huge announcement tomorrow night #FIVE"

If true he is a good choice as he is a local and he had a good run in WCCW and WWF.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

I can see Heyman going in in the future but not currently whilst he is a featured on screen performer.

Also there is news on the second inductee;

If true he is a good choice as he is a local and he had a good run in WCCW and WWF.

Not a massive Bundy fan, besides a decent cage match with Hogan did he do much else? Still there have been worse inducted.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

WZ has learned from sources to expect DX to be inducted and for WWE to recognize Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Sean Waltman, Billy Gunn and Road Dogg at the ceremony.

We're told the DX group is expected to headline the 2013 class.

Debate seems to be the kliq or DX, but I don't really get why it's a debate. You can easily induct Hall and Nash as the Outsiders with the other 5 as DX or the Kliq with the NAO separate. Still though, they should headline over Foley

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Debate seems to be the kliq or DX, but I don't really get why it's a debate. You can easily induct Hall and Nash as the Outsiders with the other 5 as DX or the Kliq with the NAO separate. Still though, they should headline over Foley

As a group is the only way the likes of Gunn and Road Dog should get in. Waltman's a sad case as he never really lived up to his early promise, but I think had a more talent than the other two. The other issue is with HBK and HHH set to get inducted down the road, will it become a bit of a farce to have them go in twice? Foley should be the headline attraction without question.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

HBK got inducted the very next mania after he retired. If flair got in twice, there's no reason HBK or HHH can't go in more than once as they meant more to the wwe than he ever did

And Foley was good, but he wasn't as good or as important as Michaels or Hunter separately let alone together. Either way you look at it DX and the Curtain Call made to only wrestling but wwe history, that he can't compete with because he wasn't on their level

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

HBK got inducted the very next mania after he retired. If flair got in twice, there's no reason HBK or HHH can't go in more than once as they meant more to the wwe than he ever did

And Foley was good, but he wasn't as good or as important as Michaels or Hunter separately let alone together. Either way you look at it DX and the Curtain Call made to only wrestling but wwe history, that he can't compete with because he wasn't on their level

Ok forgot about that. Just think it lessers the impact if you go in twice, surely a star would rather stand out on his own merits than be linked with a group. Also am not a big fan of groups being inducted.

Disagree with you about DX over Foley. DX always had a limited shelf life which is why they didn't stick around that long. Foley did far more for the company in terms of putting future stars over and having consistantly entertaining feuds and matches. Also at the height of his popuarlity I would argue he riveled DX.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

DX was around from 97-01 when drug issues and injuries got the best of the non HhH guys.

- screwjob
- Tyson
- NAO
- Nation feud
- McMahon Helmsley

At the height of the company in 99-00 HHHs DX was feuding with Foley, Rock, Austin, BOD, and others. He was on shows like Bernie Mac, they were making MTV as a whole with the Run DMC music video, ratings were high, money was being made, and Foley was being transitioned to a figurehead commissioner and part time stunt guy.

I give Foley his credit for some of his matches but its hard for me to say he will be remembered for more moments than the incarnations of DX, and even harder to say that in the ring he could touch Michaels, let alone HHH before the quad tear in 00-01 when he was the game and truly that damn good no matter who he was against as the villain

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

DX was around from 97-01 when drug issues and injuries got the best of the non HhH guys.

- screwjob
- Tyson
- NAO
- Nation feud
- McMahon Helmsley

At the height of the company in 99-00 HHHs DX was feuding with Foley, Rock, Austin, BOD, and others. He was on shows like Bernie Mac, they were making MTV as a whole with the Run DMC music video, ratings were high, money was being made, and Foley was being transitioned to a figurehead commissioner and part time stunt guy.

I give Foley his credit for some of his matches but its hard for me to say he will be remembered for more moments than the incarnations of DX, and even harder to say that in the ring he could touch Michaels, let alone HHH before the quad tear in 00-01 when he was the game and truly that damn good no matter who he was against as the villain

Yeah but Triple H was no where near the big name during that era than he is now, in fact who played a big part in getting him over as a solo star? One Mick Foley.
And the attraction around the the HBK-Austin feud, was Tyson, as well as fans wanting to see Austin get his first World Title. Tyson joining DX was just a twist to throw fans off.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Not sure why The Kliq would be honored, seeing as they were viewed as more of a problem in pro-wrestling than a group like the 4 Horsemen who were a major faction that got others over.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

The Kliq going in doesn't make much sense, them going in as either DX or the NWO makes a lot more sense since they were actual stables that had big impacts in wrestling. I suppose the draw back for both NWO and DX is that there are members involved that are on the no go list for WWE. For DX you have Chyna and for NWO you have Hogan. For DX it is definitely easier to ignore Chyna and just go HHH, HBK and the NAO but for NWO Hogan has to be involved in it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Bob Backlund is the second confirmed name for the WWE HOF. He was meant to go in in 2004 but he didn't consider himself retired so he didn't accept the gig. Definitely a fitting addition to the HOF, had plenty of great matches as champion and has the second longest WWF title reign after Bruno.

WWE has a celebrity inductee each year so who do people want to see go in this year? Personally I think Cyndi Lauper should be first in line. She played a huge role in making the first WM a success and I am actually surprised WWE hasn't inducted her yet. Surely she is the celebrity that has had the biggest positive impact for WWE.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

This HOF class is starting off great, I agree that Cyndi Lauper deserves to be inducted as well as Mr. T.... I know we've talked about this before but I really feel like it's time for the Freebirds to be inducted, should have went in along with the Von Erich's... another Tag Team that should be in is Demolition

The New F'n Show

Reaction score

With this being at MSG I can see that theme continuing. Foley and especially Backlund fit that mold. Lauper would make a lot of sense for the same reason. Bundy has also been rumored and he was a big heel toward the end of that era.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score

Does Bam Bam Bigelow have the credentials to get in??? just thinking of guys originally from the NY/NJ area... I know the last few years of his life were sketchy at best but he certainly had a long successful career with good stints in WWE, WCW, ECW and New Japan