03/28 WRESTLEMANIA XXVI Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

John Cena vs. Batista

Chris Jericho vs. Edge

Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels

Vince vs. Bret

HHH vs. Sheamus

CM Punk vs. Mysterio

MITB: Drew McIntyre

Jomo/Truth vs. ShowMiz

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Looks like regal and co will get a chance to shine before WM26 airs on Sunday night :). I bet you Big Zeke wins it.

Ezekiel would seem like the logical choice. He's the only one not on the card that has been receiving a push. He'll probably eliminate Finlay last to win it.

phantomgerald

So rushed? They've only been attacking each other since just after the Royal Rumble.

Wait wait wait so now a random beating makes this good enough to be on WM? This is the grandest stage of them all and they're feuding over a few beatings with no real background behind it?

Because not only did Triple H pin Sheamus in the Elimination Chamber, but he also cost Sheamus his rematch by concussing him. Seriously, this one was flat out explained to you word for word. How can you not have got it?

But let's see. After the EC, there were 2 straight weeks with HHH doing other things before Sheamus attacked him. If he wanted to attack him, then he would have done it earlier wouldn't he? Should have had more build up.

Orton is tougher than Rhodes and DiBiase, but Rhodes and DiBiase work together. Why would you want to bring the senior citizens in to hog the spotlight? This isn't TNA, nor should it want to be like TNA.

But we've had so many variations of the 3 of them in a match against each. Does it really interest you now that it is triple threat?

You mean when HBK said he wanted the rematch? That was a spoiler that it may happen at WrestleMania? No freakin' way. Sorry there was no SWERVE~! and that this went logically.

Oh so you thought the WWE would make him want the rematch and then just drop it off the radar? Sort of like what TNA always do? And you didn't expect HBK to sneak in and cost Taker his match at EC? Tell me that wasn't predicatable.

Morrison and R-Truth have been known to be friends for quite some time, plus Morrison and Miz have history as a tag team, and now they're against each other. Simple story, and what should be a pretty great match.

A history that was not even elaborated on. And Morrison and R-Truth are friends for how long exactly? For just before EC if I remember. Which makes that slightly more than a month.

K
ofi was the star last year in this match. How is increasing the quality of it a waste?

Because you already have Shelton Benjamin to do the crazy shit. He gets one of the biggest push of the year and look where that got him, back to the same place.

Logical is a good thing. Batista has been on fire as a heel, while Cena has played a good face like always. This feud has been amazingly hot.

Can't argue with that. It is the best feud in this card.

No, it revolves around Edge wanting revenge against Jericho. The Spear is just a subplot in which Edge attempts to get in the head of Jericho, using his smart character that he used as a heel and translating it to the role of a face. Admittedly, it hasn't been a great feud, but you've still managed to miss the story entirely.

So let's see. He wanted revenge on Jericho. So what if Jericho didn't win the EC? Way too forced into place and not well thought out. Would have preferred a few fights backstage or attacking each other's houses or attacking the car or something like that to really ignite the feud.

G 3

Reaction score
Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Christian vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Matt Hardy vs. MVP vs. Evan Bourne vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Jack Swagger vs. Kane vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kofi Kingston

CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio

Unified Tag Team Championship
ShoMiz vs. R-Truth and John Morrison

Kelly Kelly, Eve, Gail Kim, Mickie James, and Beth Phoenix
vs. Maryse, Michelle McCool, Layla, Alicia Fox, and Vickie Guerrero

Randy Orton
vs. Ted DiBiase vs. Cody Rhodes

Triple H vs. Sheamus

World Heavyweight Championship
Edge vs. Chris Jericho

No Holds Barred
Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon

Streak vs. Career

WWE Championship
Batista vs. John Cena

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Wait wait wait so now a random beating makes this good enough to be on WM? This is the grandest stage of them all and they're feuding over a few beatings with no real background behind it?

CM Punk did his usual shtick of talking about how Rey was a poor role model, so the attacks began. Rey then cost Punk a chance at winning MITB a third time in a row, which is a pretty big storyline thing, which unfortunately, I don't think they put anywhere near enough emphasis on it. Since then, the attacks and Punk continuing to claim Rey is a bad role model.

But let's see. After the EC, there were 2 straight weeks with HHH doing other things before Sheamus attacked him. If he wanted to attack him, then he would have done it earlier wouldn't he? Should have had more build up.

No, he attacked him eight days after EC. How could he attack him the previous week when he was out with a concussion, thus Tripper costing him his title shot?

But we've had so many variations of the 3 of them in a match against each. Does it really interest you now that it is triple threat?

Yes. The story of who will turn on who makes it at least somewhat interesting.

Oh so you thought the WWE would make him want the rematch and then just drop it off the radar? Sort of like what TNA always do? And you didn't expect HBK to sneak in and cost Taker his match at EC? Tell me that wasn't predicatable.

When did I say I didn't expect that? I'm fairly sure I said that was how the feud should have gone, as it was logical.

A history that was not even elaborated on. And Morrison and R-Truth are friends for how long exactly? For just before EC if I remember. Which makes that slightly more than a month.

Again, poor build like the Punk MITB thing, but the casual fan should be intelligent enough to catch on.

K

Because you already have Shelton Benjamin to do the crazy shit. He gets one of the biggest push of the year and look where that got him, back to the same place.

Shelton was in the match last year, and Kofi was still the star. I don't think it's necessarily the same place either, as this time he's a threat to win, rather than being just there for the spots like last year. His push has certainly been way too disjointed, but I don't think this is a waste. I'd actually say it's the best possible use of Kofi.

Can't argue with that. It is the best feud in this card.

(Y)

So let's see. He wanted revenge on Jericho. So what if Jericho didn't win the EC? Way too forced into place and not well thought out. Would have preferred a few fights backstage or attacking each other's houses or attacking the car or something like that to really ignite the feud.

They did the same thing with Orton/Tripper, which I'll give you, yeah, is a bit annoying. Still, the story is there.

Soulpower

ITS SO CLOSE!

I haven't been this excited for a PPV since... Hell, I don't remember the last time I was looking this forward to a PPV.

Reaction score
Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Christian vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Matt Hardy vs. MVP vs. Evan Bourne vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Jack Swagger vs. Kane vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kofi Kingston

-Imma gunna be pissed if they give this to McIntyre, Swagger or Bourne. Those guys are too new to bother with MiTB.

CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio

Unified Tag Team Championship
ShoMiz vs. R-Truth and John Morrison

Kelly Kelly, Eve, Gail Kim, Mickie James, and Beth Phoenix vs. Maryse, Michelle McCool, Layla, Alicia Fox, and Vickie Guerrero

Randy Orton vs. Ted DiBiase vs. Cody Rhodes

Triple H vs. Sheamus

World Heavyweight Championship
Edge vs. Chris Jericho

-Id love to see Christian cash in MiTB after, and take the title. Not so much from Edge, though.

No Holds Barred
Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon

-They gotta bury this fued once and for all, imo. No better time than Mania to do it.

Streak vs. Career

-I think I'm one of only a few on here that think HBK will win. Major props if they let him win. I'd love to see him retire though, win or lose.

WWE Championship
Batista vs. John Cena

-I still think they're going to throw a curve ball at us.

PeepShow

I'd really love to know the reason behind like 75% of predictions I read on the internet have Christian winning MITB. Other than them not being predictions and "who I want to win", I guess I just don't know.

maty619

Reaction score
I've had a thought about how Rey/Punk will pan out. I think it could open the show and Punk wins (I hope there is no interference) and then I think Punk will make Rey enter the MITB and win so he could give the briefcase to Punk, thus making Punk Mr. Money in the Bank for 3 consectutive years. Thoughts?

Reaction score
I've had a thought about how Rey/Punk will pan out. I think it could open the show and Punk wins (I hope there is no interference) and then I think Punk will make Rey enter the MITB and win so he could give the briefcase to Punk, thus making Punk Mr. Money in the Bank for 3 consectutive years. Thoughts?

How can Rey enter the match when there's no openings?

Reaction score
I wouldn't like it at all but you get credit for a really wild idea. Punk's title reigns haven't meant anything after winning MITB.

maty619

Reaction score
How can Rey enter the match when there's no openings?

Weirder things have happened, Punk got a sumbission win over Taker although he didn't tap, don't count it out as a possible possibility. It wouldn't be good to see, I want a fresh face in the title picture, but it would give CM Punk some major heat.

Reaction score
^^^I'm still not supporting your idea but Rey could run down while everyone is out of the ring or on the canvas and run up the ladder, steal it, then run away.